Is it just me?

Is it just me or is anyone else not feeling excited about tomorrow. I should be like a kid at christmas and its not happening. It might have something to do with England, all out for 102. :disappointed:

Always is first game of season. I'll give it til October until we hear Penney Out! :wink:

I feel really strange about tomorrow. Last year I thought we would do well and for 2/3 of the season did. The last third really hurt. Perhaps I shut out the feelings towards the end of last season and it has carried over. Not sure how we will do but I'm bringing 6 Thai students with me as well as 3 mates. The Thai's are paying a visit to the Red Sox stadium in the morning. I wonder what they'll think of BP after that.

I feel really strange about tomorrow. Last year I thought we would do well and for 2/3 of the season did. The last third really hurt. Perhaps I shut out the feelings towards the end of last season and it has carried over. Not sure how we will do but I'm bringing 6 Thai students with me as well as 3 mates. The Thai's are paying a visit to the Red Sox stadium in the morning. I wonder what they'll think of BP after that.

They'll love it : )

Just tell them that they should be watching Chonburi on Sunday.

It's not just you - i actually keep forgetting it's Latics tomorrow!!

Just get the feeling the season is over before it's started.

Not a chance of promotion. Unlikely to be relegated, but probably nearer that end.

Another team nigh on completely different to the bunch of lads I've been watching for the past few season. The only affinity is with Taylor.

Just the least bothered I've ever been at the start of a new season.

Not a chance of promotion. Unlikely to be relegated, but probably nearer that end.

Another team nigh on completely different to the bunch of lads I've been watching for the past few season. The only affinity is with Taylor.

Why?

We've got a 'brand new' squad, practically.

We are a potentially unknown quantity to other teams, as well as the Latics fans.

We've got a potentially exciting strike force that could bang the goals in.

We've got an exciting prospect in Furman.

We've still got Taylor and Smalley in midfield.

The only minus is the possibility of calamitous displays from Pinky and Perky in central defence and observing how Brill deals with the situation.

Why?

We've got a 'brand new' squad, practically.

We are a potentially unknown quantity to other teams, as well as the Latics fans.

We've got a potentially exciting strike force that could bang the goals in.

We've got an exciting prospect in Furman.

We've still got Taylor and Smalley in midfield.

The only minus is the possibility of calamitous displays from Pinky and Perky in central defence and observing how Brill deals with the situation.

That Pinky is a fantastic centre half.

Is it just me or is anyone else not feeling excited about tomorrow. I should be like a kid at christmas and its not happening. It might have something to do with England, all out for 102. :disappointed:

If we had signed a decent centre back I would be excited - but at the moment I am just keen to see what we actually play like tomorrow.. bring it on :angry:

Not excited at all, I thought I would be but I think it could be a dire season and I dont hold much hope with the big clubs in this division now, We should have done better the past 3 seasons and personally I feel we have missed our chance for a few seasons, I'm off to see Middlesbrough V Sheffield Utd tonight and I'm more excited about that to be honest. :(

I dont fear anyone.

We're a young hungry fit team with some very good players, DP will weed out the remaining :censored:e (whitaker, cog, lomax, lee on his way) and build us up a very good squad, which he already has done.

Everyone harps on about norwich, soton, charlton, leeds...AND???

theyre all the same as us, same league, everyone wants to beat em - theyll all find it tough and their playing squads arent much kop, itll be like us vs leeds these past 2 years, everyone bricking themselves after leeds have been all hyped up and we go and crap all over them at ER!! and not outclassed at BP neither.

We're a match for all the teams in this league, id also say we are better than charlton, norwich and soton. Norwich sign fat lump holt on a 3yr deal, yeah, great......

Full faith in DP, committed team with a bit of skill as well - BRING ON PROMOTION

I wasn't excited and wasn't nbothered until about now I don't care what happens I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride

I'm excited. Changes were needed after last season's brewers droop. Penney is a good Manager and is assembling a squad of players that are relatively unknown but who he obviously has belief in. His Donaster team was always one that we feared and yet didn't really contain any out and out star players. As a relatively small club we should relish the proposition that we will have a team of lads who will put in 100% effort for DP and the shirt. He trains his teams to play attractive football so this is a good thing. No doubt we will have to wait a while to see the best in them but for me if we build up to Christmas with a homogenous team and then finish top 10 this bodes well for next season and beyond. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. We won't go down this season. I believe that DP will gain a lot of Oldham fans this season even if he doesn't get us promoted.

I am traveling up from Melton Mowbray tomorrow and I can't wait...... Dave Penney's blue and white army.

You're absolutely right. I want the players who've kept us in this division back! I want the old stale faces. I don't like change. As Delia would say...Lewis, Crossley, Allott, Maher, Lidds, <insert any other ex player who aint up for this level here>...where are you!?

E4e

YOCAL

Nah not excited at all.

I'll go tomorrow and probably only recognise 2 or 3 and maybe Whitaker (if hes not in ghost mode).

And that's a problem, why?

Funny that the two players (bar Brill) who've received most stick recently are our 'true' Oldham players...Hazell and Gregan.

Pfah! We don't want new players.

E4e

MARGE

Intrigued rather than excited. I have no idea whatsoever about what to expect. Once again we have a squad of players that we hardly know. I keep having nightmares about a 1968-69 type season, which I'm not old enough to remember, but know about well enough. I've a feeling, though, that it's down at the foot of the table that we'll spend most of the season. It often happens to clubs who decide to tear it all up and start again after blowing promotion chances.

I used to get excited about every game, even in the dark days of Ritchie and the Brierley board. The fiasco with Chris Moore was probably the beginning of the end, with the farce of a season under Talbot and Ronnie when we nearly got relegated again almost finishing off my enthusiasm, only for it to be rekindled in Sheridan's first season. That was our last real chance of getting out of the division and we blew it, and last season was never convincing after Stockport away. Events in football have left us behind, the club didn't put up enough of a fight, and we're about to lie down with the little clubs forever. I'll be at every home game and some away, but it's blind loyalty, nothing else.