So I was there Saturday night at the Suncorp Stadium

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the party stand at the Sir Viv Richards Stadium, Antigua watching England vs. Sri Lanka in the 2007 Cricket World Cup. The guy wearing was originally from Oldham but now lives in Abu Dhabi and was on a trip to the cricket with work mates.

In the party stand at the Sir Viv Richards Stadium, Antigua watching England vs. Sri Lanka in the 2007 Cricket World Cup. The guy wearing was originally from Oldham but now lives in Abu Dhabi and was on a trip to the cricket with work mates.

did you not keep in contact with him? He might know some rich oil barons

theres a football club available here with 30 acres of land yer know

i was in a remote part of Republic of Ireland, right out in the sticks, a real old fashioned drinking mans pub up a side street, went in and they had football shirts from all over the world, Ajax, Barca, Brazil, Argentina,Milan, u name it, all apparently teams who had played the local side in friendlies.......however, a mate of mine who supports everton, walks in and says to me " hey Gary, look at all these shirts, bet you a fiver there isnt an Oldham shirt in here " laughing and trying to ridicule me.....i replied " not even that one above your head " it was class, he had stood directly underneath the old premiership shirt 1992 era......the lads pizzed emselves, worse for my mate, the landlord was an avid liverpool fan, had most shirts except everton ha ha all he had of everton was the classic liverpool fan wizzin on an everton shirt.......bliss

My brother went to Portugal few month back and was sat in a small bar there , he noticed there was J W Lees mats on the tables and a post card of the Church inn in Royton ,,, and then Ragg Pudding on the menu he knew straight away and left :lol: cant get away even if he tries

Not exotic, but I used to play 5 a side in Norbury, South London. One time I took 24hoursfromtulsehill along with me (attractively filling out an antique Tangerine shirt that he had certainly grown into) and there was a guy on the next pitch wearing a Bovis one, the odds of 3 in the space of a few yards was pretty weird.

That may well have been me, I used to play in the exoctic league in Norbury and religiously wore a tics shirt!

That may well have been me, I used to play in the exoctic league in Norbury and religiously wore a tics shirt!

IIRC left footed and hung around the back most of the time, presumably to avoid running? If it was you I let on a few times, 6 foot 3 and was superficially in good shape back then (unless you saw me run).

Dominican Republic! Was on holiday for the first game of the season of the 1994/95 season and was desperate to find the result out. Went for a wander in my Oldham top and some bloke came up to me and said "Heard the result? We won 5-2 against Charlton!". Turned out he was from Oldham, a Latics season-ticket holder and Ian Marshall drank in his local!

Failsworth Tesco is the supermarket of choice for me, and I have seen a Latics shirt in there every now and again. I was in there the other night in the pink one too.

Oddly, on the rare-ish occasion that I go into the Failsworth Morrisons I often see a shirt. I thought we were much more up market than that.

Edited by jetman

Walking away from the 'derby' between Brisbane and Gold Coast in my Tangerine Latics shirt (same colours as Brisbane Roar) and all of a sudden walking in the other direction was another person in a yellow Latics shirt who was supporting Gold Coast. Which begs the question where is there strangest place you've seen another Latics shirt?

I was also at the game, although I wore my Blue and Gold Shirt....also supporting GCU. The only team in Brissie is the Lions. I wear a half Latics, half Lions shirt to every game at the Gabba. When Fitzroy Lions and Brisbane Bears merged, they put a BBFFC logo on the back of the shirt as a mark of respect to the merger. I now have OABBFFC.

I saw a shirt(or maybe scarf) hanging up in restaurant in Florida.

If it was Crazy8's on Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale, then it was my scarf!!! It has Roger Palmer and Andy Ritchies signatures on it. I used to live in Pompano Beach and that was my haunt.

A few years ago after running out of turkish lira on the last day, the owner of a bar in Altinkum, Turkey, looked after us really well and as i didn't have nowt to give him back at the time, I passed him my 'orange jd 95/96 away shirt' - that hideous one - which he then gave to 1 of his waiters.. :D who of course wore it with pride.

Edited by futchers briefs