So I was there Saturday night at the Suncorp Stadium

Walking away from the 'derby' between Brisbane and Gold Coast in my Tangerine Latics shirt (same colours as Brisbane Roar) and all of a sudden walking in the other direction was another person in a yellow Latics shirt who was supporting Gold Coast. Which begs the question where is there strangest place you've seen another Latics shirt?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking away from the 'derby' between Brisbane and Gold Coast in my Tangerine Latics shirt (same colours as Brisbane Roar) and all of a sudden walking in the other direction was another person in a yellow Latics shirt who was supporting Gold Coast. Which begs the question where is there strangest place you've seen another Latics shirt?

Everytime I see an Oldham shirt outside of this country I am always quite shocked! Im sure i have but cant think of any extraordinary places I have seen one though....hmmmmm

Tenerife. Ok, that doesn't sound too weird a place to see a Latics shirt. But when it is a Lucky Lucky man wearing the red and white Ajax style shirt then it is pretty strange.

I was in Adelaide a couple of years ago and went to watch Adelaide v Sydney - surreal experience, but that is for another topic. Wandering around the cricket ground at half time(played at Adelaide Cricket Ground) - like you do - and not one but two latics shirts under the scoreboard - one from the Bovis era and one from Slumberland era. Apparently they were Oldham lads who had emigrated and liked to "fly the flag" when possible.

Portugal? nah it was during Euro 2004, so not strange at all :grin:

what was strange though that literally 10 minutes after seeing the latics shirt, gues who walked past . . . . . Brian Talbot! :grin:

we were outside Figo bar in vilamoura, ive got a picture somewere, but with me suffering from severe sunburn it aint being posted on here :wink:

Not exotic, but I used to play 5 a side in Norbury, South London. One time I took 24hoursfromtulsehill along with me (attractively filling out an antique Tangerine shirt that he had certainly grown into) and there was a guy on the next pitch wearing a Bovis one, the odds of 3 in the space of a few yards was pretty weird.

Guest sheridans_world

I was just settleing down for a kip after boarding a plane home in Sydney when on walks two latics shirts (with people inside them :wink: ). They were on the same flight from Singapore too, made the 24 hour journey a little more fun.