NHL 2009/10 Season

Thanks for quoting... I just deleted my post. Dumbass.

No trades really caught my eye as 'big name' - just standard positional/tactical changes.

I thought it was a bit odd, seeing none of us really give crap about the flyers!

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night i was thinking ah the pens, here comes our 3rd defeat in a row. And within 3 minutes they had scored and i swore. But then we equalised. Then in the second period we fired in two quick ones and were 3-1 up and i thought jesus we are going to win this. Well how wrong was i. 5 unanswered goals later it's stars 3 Penguins 6. And on Monday we have the caps. Oh joy

Last night i was thinking ah the pens, here comes our 3rd defeat in a row. And within 3 minutes they had scored and i swore. But then we equalised. Then in the second period we fired in two quick ones and were 3-1 up and i thought jesus we are going to win this. Well how wrong was i. 5 unanswered goals later it's stars 3 Penguins 6. And on Monday we have the caps. Oh joy

I can't see past the Caps for the cup at the minute... they're freaking awesome.

I can't see past the Caps for the cup at the minute... they're freaking awesome.

Hence the sacrcastic 'oh joy'. Unless they string together a big run of wins (seems unlikely at best) the Stars arn't going to be in the playoff's this season which means i will have to cheer on the Coyotes with my house mate.

Hence the sacrcastic 'oh joy'. Unless they string together a big run of wins (seems unlikely at best) the Stars arn't going to be in the playoff's this season which means i will have to cheer on the Coyotes with my house mate.

Screw the 'yotes! Be a Cap - at least then you get to win! :D

:grin:

I can. As we always say, there's a difference between regular season hockey and play-off hockey. Have they got the bottle? They've definately got the class, but as a team they haven't changed much from the side that did their best to balls it up against a very average Rangers side last year, and then completely fell to bits in Game Seven against us.

I'd like the Coyotes to go far in the West this year given the trouble they had at the start of the season. A good playoff run should hopefully reignite interest in the team in Phoenix and keep the franchise there.

Exactly. <_<

We really need to start winning soon.

Couldnt upport the Caps though... bloody eastern conference.... might have to support the 'hawks if it all goes to pot...

Ok, Stars at the caps tonight. i rekon they are gonna beat us 5 - 2. Anyone else want to venture a guess? Bare in mind that our defense/goal tending is sloppy and they have scored 3 or more goals 23 games in a row

Ok, Stars at the caps tonight. i rekon they are gonna beat us 5 - 2. Anyone else want to venture a guess? Bare in mind that our defense/goal tending is sloppy and they have scored 3 or more goals 23 games in a row

I'll go as far as to say you'll lose.

I'm notorious for being wrong when it comes to predictions though, it's the reason I don't gamble on sports.

Untrue, they only won 2-0 against the Rangers on Saturday night. If that's not a slump I don't know what is.

*Avoids joke about the Devils losing their last couple and being shut out last night by the bottom team in the NHL*

Untrue, they only won 2-0 against the Rangers on Saturday night. If that's not a slump I don't know what is.

*Avoids joke about the Devils losing their last couple and being shut out last night by the bottom team in the NHL*

Ah the podcast i was listening to was from before that game. Now it's a different kettle of fish all together, we put 3 past the pens (ignore the 6 against for a moment) so if we do it again and the caps carry on with this catastrophic slump in form it'l be a walk in the park :grin:

We were letting them win. We felt sorry for them. We're nice like that.

We won! woooooooooooooooooooo great game of hockey. I watched the first period last night and the second two this morning. Went to sleep annoyed but very happy now :grin: broke their home winning streak too

Looks like I'll be looking for a new team to support in the Playoffs then! <_<

Abysmal. To be honest, with the talent the ducks have in the side, for us not to be making the post-season is pretty scandalous.

... I can see a couple of "Transitional" seasons to come now.... Even Getz and Perry could walk away at the end of the season, which could be very interesting...

... I can see a couple of "Transitional" seasons to come now.... Even Getz and Perry could walk away at the end of the season, which could be very interesting...

I said last year we were a transitional team, we still made the post season but for the Devs that's a must anyway... this season we've really shown how much in transition we are. We need to get back to the core Devils hockey that won us three out of 4 Cups.