NHL 2009/10 Season

I just watched the Devils '4-on-1', according the nhl.com, from last night. I think 3-on-2 would be a bit more accurate...

Went in, didn't it? :wink:

Did you see the fight (not something that I usually care about but a cracker) and the save from Marty?

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went in, didn't it? :wink:

Did you see the fight (not something that I usually care about but a cracker) and the save from Marty?

Just watched those highlights...good fight indeed once it got going (Leblond just seemed focused on keeping his head away at the start, he was looking in the opposite direction to Shelley!). Great save from Marty too.

Chelios expected to make his debut tonight for the Thrashers, aged 48.

Oh FFS! I take solace from the fact that the Caps had our number last season and then when it mattered we scraped past them. But we did rack up a couple of Ws against them, if we lose on Monday to go 0-6-0 then that's a massive psychological hampering if we end up playing the Devs in a couple of months time.

Still, at least we scored this time.

Oh FFS! I take solace from the fact that the Caps had our number last season and then when it mattered we scraped past them. But we did rack up a couple of Ws against them, if we lose on Monday to go 0-6-0 then that's a massive psychological hampering if we end up playing the Devs in a couple of months time.

Still, at least we scored this time.

:lol:

Marty's now conceded 3 on 161 shot against the Pens this season!! Apparently the Pens were filthy last night, trying to crock the Devs at every turn!

Huge win tonight over Boston to go 3-0 against them this season.

Might, hopefully is, be our turning point.

Give yourself a break mate, you're fighting for a divisional title and tomorrow night play for a 6-0-0 record against the Stanley Cup champions. It could be worse...

I suppose. We just have high standards in our neck of the woods mate.

There's no denying the last couple of months have not been our best hockey. Made some very un-Jersey like mistakes. Looks like we're cutting those out again and hopefully setting ourselves up for a run at the Cup.

Great times mate!

Has inspired a little google remenisce.

Quiz question (read it on Wiki but wouldn't have been able to get all of them myself):

Can you name the seven players who played in the league for both the Storm and the Phoenix?

Has inspired a little google remenisce.

Quiz question (read it on Wiki but wouldn't have been able to get all of them myself):

Can you name the seven players who played in the league for both the Storm and the Phoenix?

:lol:

Not a sodding clue!

Is the NHL still going on btw? Havent noticed... thought they all just stopped after the Olympics?

It's a sad state of affairs when the fact that we scored twice this time is offering me some sort of encouragement. Think we're going to need someone else to knock you out if we're going to win the Cup this year because we still certainly haven't worked out how to.

P.S. The Phoenix/Storm thing...well I'd like to have thought I'd have got Bultje and Parrish (Morin and Brebant both correct). Probably wouldn't have got Sebastian and Poole. Definately wouldn't have got Hough.

Bloody hell... we have only gone and started playing some hockey again...

Too little way too late IMO... but its going to be sodding frustrating if we put our usual stretch run together and dont make it....

As long as Teemu gets his 600 up before he retires then i'm happy. :)

It's a sad state of affairs when the fact that we scored twice this time is offering me some sort of encouragement. Think we're going to need someone else to knock you out if we're going to win the Cup this year because we still certainly haven't worked out how to.

P.S. The Phoenix/Storm thing...well I'd like to have thought I'd have got Bultje and Parrish (Morin and Brebant both correct). Probably wouldn't have got Sebastian and Poole. Definately wouldn't have got Hough.

Mate. Take no consolation in two goals. One's decent, one's a horrible deflection with Marty blinded.

But more important, if you play like that against any of the Playoff teams then you're done for. We've score three (and missed one!) breakaway chances in that game off turnovers alone. One from centre ice and two from our own blue line.

What the hell were you lads on?! It's just awful, awful hockey.

6-0 against the Pens? I'd have taken that at the start of the year.

Marty now just 4 wins away from 600!

But more important, if you play like that against any of the Playoff teams then you're done for. We've score three (and missed one!) breakaway chances in that game off turnovers alone. One from centre ice and two from our own blue line.

Haven't had chance to look at the highlights yet and will do later, but read the article about the Pens not being worried about facing the Devs in the playoffs. Basically said what you said but with a slightly different slant - that the Pens can take solace from the way they conceded the goals last night...four from turnovers and one empty net. Cut the errors out (and we've been good on that front all season) and there's no reason we can't beat you. At least it's something the Pens can address rather than just hoping the Devs don't turn up.

I'll hold judgement until I've seen the highlights but I am also concerned about the goaltending situation at the moment, the Devs only had 16 shots or something all night and put 4 past MAF, the Rangers did likewise last week. He hasn't come back from Vancouver in the best of form.

Anyway, I take solace from what Mike Rupp said in that article - that whilst the Devs have had our number it doesn't mean we can't beat them...we've well beaten both the Rangers and the Flyers this year and don't think they can't beat us and don't think they think they can't beat us. So fingers crossed (though I still think our best chance of making the Stanley Cup is if someone else knocks you out along the way).

It's getting to that time of year now when it gets really exciting and hopefully both the Pens and the Devs will make a good run of it in the post-season, and it's good to have it bubbling under a bit with the two of us vying for the division. As for the Ducks, well I just bet you were in the East...:wink:

Mate. Take no consolation in two goals. One's decent, one's a horrible deflection with Marty blinded.

6-0 against the Pens? I'd have taken that at the start of the year.

Marty now just 4 wins away from 600!

I'd love to see the Devs V Pens in the PO's....

4-0 Pens. I betcha. :wink:

Tbh. Its not new, but its not the passing/creative teams the Devs have to worry about. I'd be more worried about the first two rounds than the conference finals.