Oldham fans around the UK

With the debates this past week on the decreasing attendances at Boundrey Park, I was just wondering how many fans travel to Boundrey Park and where from......?

I myself travel from a little village in between Stafford and Telford (West Midlands) about 70ish miles away from BP. I no of fellow latics from Burton and London.

But if you have time and care to offer your help could you please reply with Town / Area distance travelled and how often.

And I will replay the favour in burgling your house every other Saturday!

No joking apart I'm just interested in people in the same situation as myself!

Would love to be a B.P every other sat but these days I just pick my games (approx 10home - 10away) and never miss the FA cup! Well the two rounds we stay in anyway!

Cheers peps

With the debates this past week on the decreasing attendances at Boundrey Park, I was just wondering how many fans travel to Boundrey Park and where from......?

I myself travel from a little village in between Stafford and Telford (West Midlands) about 70ish miles away from BP. I no of fellow latics from Burton and London.

But if you have time and care to offer your help could you please reply with Town / Area distance travelled and how often.

Would love to be a B.P every other sat but these days I just pick my games (approx 10home - 10away) and never miss the FA cup! Well the two rounds we stay in anyway!

Cheers peps

boundrey park?

not much of a fan when you make the big mistake twice , ITS BOUNDARY PARK

Edited by boboafc

boundrey park?

not much of a fan when you make the big mistake twice , ITS BOUNDARY PARK

I don't think anyone's faith or following of a football club can be judged on there spelling ability......? But I already know my spelling is very poor!

Cheers tho BOB!

I will not make spelling mistakes...... BOUNDARY PARK I will not make spelling mistakes...... BOUNDARY PARK

I will not make spelling mistakes...... BOUNDARY PARK I will not make spelling mistakes...... BOUNDARY PARK

Edited by Ian Marshalls Hairdresser

Cheers peps

200 miles each way from South Bucks. I make about 5 home games and 5 away each year. I could do more, but my criteria is the "product on the pitch". When we're playing well I'm happy to make more effort, but I'm not enthused by a 400 mile return trip at times we're in lousy form.

I don't think anyone's faith or following of a football club can be judged on there spelling ability......? But I already know my spelling is very poor!

Cheers tho BOB!

I love the fact Bob corrected your spelling mistake and had to edit his post too in the process :lol::wink:

i travel from Anglesey in North Wales and i make at least 10 home games and as many away games as i can get to, subject to my shift pattern in work. Distance from my home to BP is 120 miles, therefore a 240 mile round trip. I used to have a season ticket but its a long drive home on a wet winter Tuesday evening when we have played badly.

Me and a mate travel from Lincoln, its around 220 miles return. As a season ticket holder I try to make every home game, but don't always manage it. I know that there is at least one other poster on here who travels from Lincoln, and another who I don't think uses this board.

My son and I make the 140 mile round trip for all home games.

It's one reason why I get annoyed at those who won't make a shorter trip.

400 mile round trip -season ticket holder - missed a few home games this season (both victories.. but also the Hartlepool defeat) <_<

My son and I make the 140 mile round trip for all home games.

It's one reason why I get annoyed at those who won't make a shorter trip.

Me and four other lads come from blackpool/preston area for most games. I bought a season ticket knowing i would have to miss games due to work comitments ,my shift patterns have been a nightmare meaning i will be vissiting BP for the leeds game next ,having only been vs stockport carlisle n mk dons ,pity the stay away public of oldham are not as ardent, still i have said that for most of my 36 years in exile.

I travel to the majority of home games from Warwick which is a 250 mile round trip, the distance isn't the problem, just the M6 ;-)

Oh and I have a ST

That's impressive Eastley.

Until recently my dad had an antiques shop in Leamington Spa, he now sub lets part of another shop, and still has a cabinet in a couple of other peoples antiques places in Warwick. I go to Warwrick virtually every time I go an see him (not often enough)

Lovely part of the world.

On topic I am in Kent, near Tunbridge Wells, and it is an age since I visited BP for various reasons.

Edited by singe

I live near Milton Keynes also. Go to all the home games apart from the midweek games and a few away.

4 games at BP this season so far, I usually get to about 5 away games per season and travel 235 miles each way from Edinburgh (stop over at my folks in Littleborough).

That's impressive Eastley.

Until recently my dad had an antiques shop in Leamington Spa, he now sub lets part of another shop, and still has a cabinet in a couple of other peoples antiques places in Warwick. I go to Warwrick virtually every time I go an see him (not often enough)

Lovely part of the world.

On topic I am in Kent, near Tunbridge Wells, and it is an age since I visited BP for various reasons.

Cheers for that Singe,

Tunbridge Wells is double my distance though so I can see why you wouldn't make it that often. My parents and sis live in Leamington, its a good place too, I can say that objectively not being from the midlands ;-)

Will you get to many away games?

Approx. 500 mile round trip. Probably won't make a home game until Boxing Day; maybe even the end of January.

I've been to Orient and Brentford so far, Charlton tomorrow (edit: almost - you can see I'm keen!) and I'll be at Exeter in March. Other than that, who knows...