audience with Andy Ritchie or David Eyres or someone in the rifle range

He only asked a question???

Yes or no probably would have sufficed!

To be fair it was a pretty ridiculous question and the way it was phrased didn't really help matters, so i can see why people have jumped on it, especially given the 'raging' debate in another thread. Now, don't get me wrong i'm not someone who could really be labelled a trust basher, I understand the trust board or whatever they are called do alot of work, unpaid and often thankless in the hope that they can help the club. I have no doubt they have the club's best interests at heart, I do however feel that from reading the other thread of which there are now 28+ pages that they have missed out on alot of opportunities and gone about certain things in completely the wrong manner.

Said right or wrong the sentiment of the question was said in frustrations and disbelief .....

This event is for the fans by fans making money for a fan, from what I'm led to believe.

From the questions I have asked it seems the question was asked to show that it was another example of where the club are missing out on and another revenue stream lost !

Fans want entertaining on the pitch and off, if the club are not able to orgainise such events, there are people and organisations out there that will. The only difference in this case is that The club (OAFC) are the persons missing out in this situation. Money made on Trust events goes back into the club one way or another.

Events the club organise are ........ End of year do for the sponsors, so the money is already at the club :unsure:

I think recent debates may be clouding things a little here, and a few are being a little sensitive.

An individual has taken it upon themselves to organise an event full stop. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere as an 'official' club event, and as the Rifle Range is well known to be a oafc pub it could be said that they are targeting their customer base wisely. If they were advertising it as a club event I think wardle and barry would have a very good point. I go to rifle on matchdays, was offered a ticket myself and in no way was it 'advertised' to me as an official event.

The fact that Eyresy (as I was told) is going is neither here nor there, he chose to accept the invitation. Again, if he is under some view that this is an 'official' event then he should've asked some more questions before accepting. If he isn't bothered if it is official or not then fine.

The club isn't missing out, as it's not like it has overtaken an event that they have organised. They don't. Again, if it was being run on the same night as a club event there would certainly be some grounds for the Trust guys making a stand.

Perhaps rather than immediately questioning this event it should be taken as an opportunity to find out what kind of events appeal and pinching those ideas. Also, as one of the known fans social locations, and being as they seem to enjoy organising these types of things, the club/trust whoever could look at joining forces with the Rifle and giving such a future event an 'official' status and therefore deserving of a revenue stream.

I think if Barry had just asked the question, 'Is the event a fundraiser for something?' it would've been more appropriate. And probably avoided wardle having to try and jump to the defence again.

Edited by lookers87

I think recent debates may be clouding things a little here, and a few are being a little sensitive.

An individual has taken it upon themselves to organise an event full stop. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere as an 'official' club event, and as the Rifle Range is well known to be a oafc pub it could be said that they are targeting their customer base wisely. If they were advertising it as a club event I think wardle and barry would have a very good point. I go to rifle on matchdays, was offered a ticket myself and in no way was it 'advertised' to me as an official event.

The fact that Eyresy (as I was told) is going is neither here nor there, he chose to accept the invitation. Again, if he is under some view that this is an 'official' event then he should've asked some more questions before accepting. If he isn't bothered if it is official or not then fine.

The club isn't missing out, as it's not like it has overtaken an event that they have organised. They don't. Again, if it was being run on the same night as a club event there would certainly be some grounds for the Trust guys making a stand.

Perhaps rather than immediately questioning this event it should be taken as an opportunity to find out what kind of events appeal and pinching those ideas. Also, as one of the known fans social locations, and being as they seem to enjoy organising these types of things, the club/trust whoever could look at joining forces with the Rifle and giving such a future event an 'official' status and therefore deserving of a revenue stream.

I think if Barry had just asked the question, 'Is the event a fundraiser for something?' it would've been more appropriate. And probably avoided wardle having to try and jump to the defence again.

agree, its not an official club function, its just another social night needed by the fans and missed opportunity by the club

Said right or wrong the sentiment of the question was said in frustrations and disbelief .....

This event is for the fans by fans making money for a fan, from what I'm led to believe.

From the questions I have asked it seems the question was asked to show that it was another example of where the club are missing out on and another revenue stream lost !

Fans want entertaining on the pitch and off, if the club are not able to orgainise such events, there are people and organisations out there that will. The only difference in this case is that The club (OAFC) are the persons missing out in this situation. Money made on Trust events goes back into the club one way or another.

Events the club organise are ........ End of year do for the sponsors, so the money is already at the club :unsure:

To clarify the situation, no fan is making money from the event and it was not organised (by myself with the help of C.Moore) with the intention of financial gain. It is supposed to be a celebration of eyresy's career and was only arranged after Carl's original event fell through. The £5 charge is to cover the costs of the evening.

Edited by touchyfeeley

If any of you think my pal is profiteering from a thing like this then all I can say is take a good look at yourselves. My name is Colin Moore or CMOORE to my pals. Watched TICS for over 30 years and in bad times gave them £10,000 - then Webley Wizards £1,000 so no profiteering. Just saying thank tou for a special person.

PS a good friend of Tony's - Oh Sorry and David and Oldham Athletic

If any of you think my pal is profiteering from a thing like this then all I can say is take a good look at yourselves. My name is Colin Moore or CMOORE to my pals. Watched TICS for over 30 years and in bad times gave them £10,000 - then Webley Wizards £1,000 so no profiteering. Just saying thank tou for a special person.

PS a good friend of Tony's - Oh Sorry and David and Oldham Athletic

imagine how much money he's given away that he doesn't talk about? :shock:

Cheers Cmoore, I know who you are mate - top bloke. You know me too but it's all bit difficult to explain on t'internet. I'll remove your address just in case...

I know you too

Like Rummy said - top bloke and have spent a fortune following the Latics home and away

Not to mention the thousands of pints you have drank (like many others ) celebrating their success but mostly drowning your sorrows

Keep it up pal

Cheers Cmoore, I know who you are mate - top bloke. You know me too but it's all bit difficult to explain on t'internet. I'll remove your address just in case...

If it's the Seymoure I recall from my part season in the Lookers Upper, I trust we can anticipate An Evening With Chris Porter any time soon? :lol: