Nick Griffin on Question Time

Guest sheridans_world

That isn't how positive discrimination policies work. The policy is to guarantee an interview for people who are from an under-represented minority, who are qualified for the job/meet the person specification. I could be wrong but i think it's more commonly used for disabled people rather than for ethnic minorities.

I think you are right on the first point.... Not sure about the second though...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I quite like a bit of discrimination I'm not one for wanting to see women urinate in public so I like how most councils discriminate as to which toilets are which.

I know I'm being a bit faceious but so was the person who told me that statement and he is/was a Professor of Sociology at Durham uni- so knows a thing or two about it.

Your post is out of context with the body of discussion..

That isn't how positive discrimination policies work. The policy is to guarantee an interview for people who are from an under-represented minority, who are qualified for the job/meet the person specification. I could be wrong but i think it's more commonly used for disabled people rather than for ethnic minorities.

No, it is how it works. It was probably originally invented for disability problems. But it has certainly moved on to ethnic minorities. Anyone from a minority pretty much has an interview nowadays. Hell, just look at the referees (Mr Singh), look at the parliament (Blairs Babes, Camerons C***s). I'll always agree that fair is fair. Men and women, white and BME, Heterosexual and homosexual. Everyone treated equal. I just do not see that at the moment. Not by a long way.

I have to admit, I'm not happy by it (I'm a long way off being BNP or anything of the sort. :censored:, I was the one saying the Brazilian lass should be able to play in the football league on here).

Personally I quite like a bit of discrimination I'm not one for wanting to see women urinate in public so I like how most councils discriminate as to which toilets are which.

Your username implies that you've seen much worse.

Even, for example, when attempting to recruit for a police force that would be much more successful in policing its area if it better mirrored the racial mix in that area?

hmm...fair point...

While I can see the benefits in that situation I am not sure it applies in every case..

Edited by oafc0000

No, it is how it works. It was probably originally invented for disability problems. But it has certainly moved on to ethnic minorities. Anyone from a minority pretty much has an interview nowadays. Hell, just look at the referees (Mr Singh), look at the parliament (Blairs Babes, Camerons C***s). I'll always agree that fair is fair. Men and women, white and BME, Heterosexual and homosexual. Everyone treated equal. I just do not see that at the moment. Not by a long way.

I have to admit, I'm not happy by it (I'm a long way off being BNP or anything of the sort. :censored:, I was the one saying the Brazilian lass should be able to play in the football league on here).

You did say that unqualified people are put before qualified people... I dont think that is what the act allows...

Not sure OS hadn't hit the nail on the head and referring back to the point I made about the equality bill I think you should read it- positive discrimination is not legal (nor has it ever been), positive selection could soon become legal. Yet, like I said there are a few occupations (and I think a disproportionate number of these are towards the top end of the scale) where the majority are under-represented so thus creating a difficult problem.

That's one referee (the only other non-white referee i can think of is Uriah Rennie), and men still outnumber women in parliament by quite a way. White men aren't exactly being excluded from either of those jobs, are they?

hmm...fair point...

It's about the only example I can think of where actual positive discrimination might be justifiable.

Elsewhere, I genuinely do not think positive discrimination is prevalent - except perhaps within the exaggerated mythdom of the old "loony left" Lambeth Council. :unsure:

Even, for example, when attempting to recruit for a police force that would be much more successful in policing its area if it better mirrored the racial mix in that area?

Yes.

It's the small things that bring out the big things.

These absurd regulations bring about BNP policies, which sane (i.e. me) people agree with.

Asians getting free cars (not true), Asians getting priority housing (in all reality true), Asians getting a better chance at jobs (definately true): These all add up to the BNP having a voice. To stop them, we have to stop inequality wherever it is.

You did say that unqualified people are put before qualified people... I dont think that is what the act allows...

Not quite. They get interviewed. The unqualified foreign, gay, old or female* (take your pick) is forwarded to intervew stage along with me (being fully qualified). I've seen it myself. In front of my face.

*Female may have to be semi-qualified before it's granted.

Asians getting priority housing (in all reality true)

Any evidence of this ? Its the perception but I wonder if it is the reality ? I have never seen any evidence of this...

Asians getting a better chance at jobs (definately true)

Half truth....

While positive discrimination is in operation... for your statement to be true it would have to go above and beyond the default level of racism a lot of Asian people face on a daily basis out there...

I would frankly rather be a white man than any other colour as I would not like to be subjected to the level of racism a lot of Asian people get.

We get that you don't want it to, but you've failed, 120 posts on, to explain why you think the country will turn into a Muslim state under the current Labour government.

My opinion is that our identity and Christian beliefs are being destroyed by aggressive Muslims. Do I have to keep repeating myself?????

If you ask why this is.........

maybe it's because I read the Daily Mail, I don't know. :grin:

Not quite. They get interviewed. The unqualified foreign, gay, old or female* (take your pick) is forwarded to intervew stage along with me (being fully qualified). I've seen it myself. In front of my face.

*Female may have to be semi-qualified before it's granted.

A company is free to interview who they dam well like... Its who ends up with the job that matters... Inviting someone to interview is hardly discrimination. If your right for the job you will beat them.

Asians getting priority housing (in all reality true), Asians getting a better chance at jobs (definately true).

Show me the evidence. I don't believe either of those are true. Certainly not as part of a systematic policy of positive discrimination. Why? Because, as mentioned already, that would be illegal. And largely pointless.

My opinion is that our identity and Christian beliefs are being destroyed by aggressive Muslims. Do I have to keep repeating myself?????

Do you go to church?

Do you go church on a Sunday ? Are you a Christian ? (think before you answer because I do)

Have you got any examples of how the Muslims are destroying are Christian beliefs or is it just another unfounded fear?

I would say reading the Daily Hate is part of your problem....

I'd be lying if I said yes. But I was bought as a Church going Christian and my family still goes.

Then maybe you should look a little closer to home before accusing Islam of destroying your Christian values.

As it happens I'm now an atheist, but I too grew up in a church going family. And oddly enough I learned that what we usually think of as "Christian values" (i.e. primarily in terms of morals) are remarkably similar to those in Islam, Hinduism and all the other major faiths, and can equally be upheld as a set of moral standards by which to live by atheists like myself.

It's time people got over the quaint notion that Britain is a Christian nation when less than 10% of the population actually participates in any form of worship. Britain is a secular state, multi-religious and multi-cultural. And it'd be a very dull, poor, backward place to live if it wasn't.

Show me the evidence. I don't believe either of those are true. Certainly not as part of a systematic policy of positive discrimination. Why? Because, as mentioned already, that would be illegal. And largely pointless.

Yes, I have that on my finger tips...

The Asians getting into housing. Yes, debateable. I've debated it a fair while with a few people. But having worked in housing in Rochdale for two years, I reckon I've picked up a little bit. Fair enough, I have no evidence.

The Non-male, white, etc. Jobs well here's a scenario.

(A) Meet requirements. Interview. Do well.

(B) Interview. Do well.

Which is easier? Answer that and you know who is getting a free ride at the moment.

Being honest, it's about time we stopped distinguishing between race altogether. What I'm saying is happening is straightforward racism. It's as bad as Mr Griffin.

Not destroying Christian beliefs but reading articles like this don't help me to think differently

Muslim law in Britain

So, what do you want?

Do you want Asians expelled?

Do you want people to be stopped from entering the Country?

Do you want priority over people who aren't white?

Tell us what you think should happen.

Not surprised by this reply... So do you considering yourself a Christian ?

Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary ?

you don't listen do you mate. I'm not practicing Christian because I don't go to Church. I don't have a view about God.

Not destroying Christian beliefs but reading articles like this don't help me to think differently

Muslim law in Britain

Do you think it is fair to take the views of Islam4UK as being representative of the general Muslim community?

How about this for a bit of balance...

A spokesman for the Islamic Society of Britain told the newspaper: “99.999 per cent of Muslims despise these people. This only serves to fuel racial-tensions.”