Nick Griffin on Question Time

Guest sheridans_world

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough i can't but come election time I probably could (well the ones that are standing in Durham at any rate)- I could for the top 3 but I'm not voting for them. So I take it not voting in your eyes is better than a protest vote- something I'm not sure I agree with (as if you don't vote you can't complain and exercising your democratic right is as important as having one) and something I would defiantely not call dumb.

Walk in and scribble all over your ballot paper. Been done for years in parts of the UK.

Fair enough i can't but come election time I probably could (well the ones that are standing in Durham at any rate)- I could for the top 3 but I'm not voting for them. So I take it not voting in your eyes is better than a protest vote- something I'm not sure I agree with (as if you don't vote you can't complain and exercising your democratic right is as important as having one) and something I would defiantely not call dumb.

I would strongly suggest you spoil your vote if you feel you have no one to vote for... I see that as being the correct reaction and it is perfectly democratic. Putting a tick in a box for a party you do not support makes no sense to me...

Edited by oafc0000

thats my point - the BNP win votes because the other parties don't dare mention the topic.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion. We have established that there was a huge miscarriage of justice, and the perpetrator was never sentenced for the severity of the crime. We have also commonly and rationally decided that this incident and probably others like it, are being used as BNP propaganda.

Plenty of scumbags in every walk of society and there are racists and injustice on both sides

:blink:

Well you did... but I cant be arsed splitting hairs...

You say BNP will protect against the implementation of Islamic law. Who is looking to implement it and how will they go about implementing it ?

keep up with the posts.. :grin:

Nice one!!!

So the power of google is at your finger tips.

Right we can push this on a bit now. How do you see this as a threat to you ?

you googled Gavin Hopley!

I never said it was a threat to ME. I mentioned I agreed with the BNP about not wanting the country to become an Muslim state!

You are confusing your physical wellbeing in a hospital of ill people with moderate improvements to your life at the expense of the racist suffering of millions of people.

No I'm not- I'm saying that it is the most basic human nature to look after ones-self before looking after the needs of others. What people have to do is work out that the damage to their own conscious over the mis treatment of others is worth when compared to their own improvement. For me any prospective good the BNP could do me (I'm struggling to find one) would never out-weigh the damage they are going to do to others. However, that is me, I'm an upper middle-class white man I don't have a bad life, others with far worse lives than mine might think well I know what they are doing is going to hurt so and so but they are going to make my life much much better so I'm going to vote for them.

Its a simple fact of life that with so many problems in the world some fringe parties are going to reach the more base level needs of a minor percentage of the population more than the other main stream parties. Sometimes the more base level needs are that I don't like non-white people so I'm going to vote for the party which also doesn't like non-white people. Sometimes the base level need is that the BNP are going to make me £5 a week better off compared with everyone else so I don't have to struggle as much to provide for myself and my family- even though it means that nice Mr. Singh at number 22 is deported.

I would strongly suggest you spoil your vote if you feel you have no one to vote for... I see that as being the correct reaction and it is perfectly democratic. Putting a tick in a box for a party you do not support makes no sense to me...

If it comes down to it I will and I will happily keep doing it until the end of time. However, I think there maybe a party I'm comfortable voting with because I agree with 99% of their policies but I won't know until I find out their policies and that is something which I'm not likely to do until election time especially as I doubt they will stand in every seat so may not put someone up for Durham City.

No I'm not- I'm saying that it is the most basic human nature to look after ones-self before looking after the needs of others. What people have to do is work out that the damage to their own conscious over the mis treatment of others is worth when compared to their own improvement. For me any prospective good the BNP could do me (I'm struggling to find one) would never out-weigh the damage they are going to do to others. However, that is me, I'm an upper middle-class white man I don't have a bad life, others with far worse lives than mine might think well I know what they are doing is going to hurt so and so but they are going to make my life much much better so I'm going to vote for them.

Its a simple fact of life that with so many problems in the world some fringe parties are going to reach the more base level needs of a minor percentage of the population more than the other main stream parties. Sometimes the more base level needs are that I don't like non-white people so I'm going to vote for the party which also doesn't like non-white people. Sometimes the base level need is that the BNP are going to make me £5 a week better off compared with everyone else so I don't have to struggle as much to provide for myself and my family- even though it means that nice Mr. Singh at number 22 is deported.

Agreed, though this is getting off our initial topic. As Stevie_J insinuated too (unless I misunderstood him)...anyone who's willing to sacrifice Mr Singh at number 22 for an extra fiver or whatever has an element of racism about them.

the MOBO awards for one.

You see the MOBO awards as a "right" ??? :shock:

How about the "right" not to be discriminated against on the grounds of age, sex, religion or race ? How about those rights?

Those are rights... not a music award cermony...

Do you know what the MOBOs are ? Do you know how many white people have won awards there ?

Justin Timberlake, Christina and DJ Tim Westwood have all won at the MOBOs

Edited by oafc0000