Nick Griffin on Question Time

Guest sheridans_world

I disagree... I think bowl is starting to see the light... I wont say sorry for having the discussion....

Having an opinion on the Burka is hardly a skelton in the closet. It is not a requirement under their faith. Just like wearing a cross is not a requirement for a Christian.

If you remember sitting in R.E. at school and the Priests doleing out the good word you will remember that you don't have to go to church to be a good christian. You had a pop at Dish for exactly this, the fact that he admitted he's not 'practicing' his religion doesn't matter either. There's nothing that says 'worship me and everything will be cool', the only requirement is that you are a good christian.

On another point, while we are glossing over racism, how can the sun get away with this?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...-merchants.html

I've read various accounts of what happened at Mirbat and I can only believe that Labalaba was given a posthumous MiD for being a brave, courageous, hero along with the others who fought alongside him at Mirbat. This has eventually lead to him being honoured and remembered with a statue at Stirling Lines. I don't think it had anything to do with the BNP and racism, to suggest so is disgusting and a dishonour to a man who gave his life for his service.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Griffin's comments was that they were a bit bizarre in response to the question - he was asked "Should the Daily Mail have published Jan Moir's article on Stephen Gately?", and responded by saying that he didn't think homosexuality should be taught in primary schools (the national curriculum's livened up a bit since i was a kid, apparently) and he thought two men kissing was creepy.

i'm not sure that not wanting to watch two men kissing automatically makes you homophobic (there's a difference between 'it's sick and wrong and shouldn't be allowed' and 'i'd rather not watch it'),but do you find two women kissing equally repulsive? Cos you should at least be consistent. :wink:

He didn't quite say that "Homosexuality shouldn't be taught in Primary Schools" what he actually said was that he didn't think anything about sex should be taught in primary schools. Personally I think he's wrong but I certainly wouldn't be teaching anything about the topic to those under 9 (and considering the south has a slightly different school system to ours I'm not sure when primary school ends down there).

I've forgotten what the fuss is about Stephen Gately and Jan Muir but I think if it had been say some random well known party person/WAG

who had died in a similar way a lot of the article could be relevant to them.

OAFC0000

We benefit from immigration. We do not benefit from the mass immigration witnessed. Plenty of older generation immigrants who have enriched this country agree so get your head out of the sand mate.

You are so obsessed with racist you wrongly assumed I meant immigrants when the post never said such. We have white trash and immigrant trash. they are all trash to me

Extremisim is to obvious to explain and racism against whites is happening, so is sexism against men if Harmen has her way.

No I think less of someone who defends the right to be a war objector when our country was threatened and attacked, and then send our troops to die and get maimed in illegal wars so think before typing mate!!!!!

Can you imagine if Griffins Dad was a war objector, his brother on the sex register for indecent assualt , and his son had for cannabis??? The press would have destroyed him so why not Straw?? And today the press are attacking Griffins dad for being in the RAF ground crew. They are pathetic and simply help the BNP which is not good!!

As for race hate crimes there is no even balance in publicity

Panorama is a disgrace because it had no balance. You cannot run a program lke that and then not carry out the same experiment with whites in a muslim ghetto. You are asking for shouts of bias

As for your comment on mates being black. Like I said you don't know me, don't know my friends, and don't know what volounteer work I do in the community

As for the 3 main parties I would tighten up immigration, give power back to parents, teachers, police, courts to sort out the scum before they move on to bigger crimes and I would totally change the tax and benefits system to support the family which has collapsed under labour with the result being a broken society

Off out not to footy but you are clearly very narrow minded believing anyone who disagrees is racist and that is what is wrong in this country

I believe I may have a voter for OldhamSheridan's Harsh but Fair party (although I think anyones parentage is irrelevant. I mean mine are from, oh god I don't know if I can say this, it's kind of sick, mine are... are from... Burnley).

If you remember sitting in R.E. at school and the Priests doleing out the good word you will remember that you don't have to go to church to be a good christian. You had a pop at Dish for exactly this, the fact that he admitted he's not 'practicing' his religion doesn't matter either. There's nothing that says 'worship me and everything will be cool', the only requirement is that you are a good christian.

I actually took the time to ask a few question before "having a pop"...and your bang on about not having to go to church...

BUT He said...

I'm not practicing Christian because I don't go to Church. I don't have a view about God.

If you don't have a view about god how the hell can you be christian ? I asked if he felt jesus was the son of god and pretty much ran away from the question. Being a good christian is about living to the ten commandments....

• I am the Lord your God
  • You shall have no other gods before me

Not having a view on god would be an epic fail I am sorry to say.

I dont think you understand what being a christians is about to be frank.

We benefit from immigration. We do not benefit from the mass immigration witnessed. Plenty of older generation immigrants who have enriched this country agree so get your head out of the sand mate.

Perception and reality are two different things. I believe in strong immigration controls, I like the tory plan on this issue. We need immigration but its at the point now where we need stem the flow a little more. So clearly no head in sand here. As for older generation of immigrants having an opinion, theres is no more valid than yours or mine.

You are so obsessed with racist you wrongly assumed I meant immigrants when the post never said such. We have white trash and immigrant trash. they are all trash to me

Its a thread on the BNP and the levels of race and fascism in their party. But if you was not targeting the asians with your comments that is fine with me. See this is how a discussion works.... I actually agree with your stance as long as realise that immigrants come to work.

No I think less of someone who defends the right to be a war objector when our country was threatened and attacked, and then send our troops to die and get maimed in illegal wars so think before typing mate!!!!!

Defending the right for someone to a war objector (did he even do that anyway ?) and then having your own personal beliefs is something different... Maybe you should think before typing ?

Can you imagine if Griffins Dad was a war objector, his brother on the sex register for indecent assualt , and his son had for cannabis??? The press would have destroyed him so why not Straw?? And today the press are attacking Griffins dad for being in the RAF ground crew. They are pathetic and simply help the BNP which is not good!!

You answer your own post. The difference between Jack and Nick is that Jack is clearly not a racist holocaust denier. That is why people have more respect for him. The rest is just media ammunition which gets thrown at all MPs.

As for race hate crimes there is no even balance in publicity

Bowl said this pretty much and gave me a case. I found it on the BBC website. Perception and reality...

Panorama is a disgrace because it had no balance. You cannot run a program lke that and then not carry out the same experiment with whites in a muslim ghetto. You are asking for shouts of bias

So for every subject Panorama tackles they should do a counter program ? Don't be so naive.

As for your comment on mates being black. Like I said you don't know me, don't know my friends, and don't know what volounteer work I do in the community

Good for you...

As for the 3 main parties I would tighten up immigration, give power back to parents, teachers, police, courts to sort out the scum before they move on to bigger crimes and I would totally change the tax and benefits system to support the family which has collapsed under labour with the result being a broken society

Most of that stuff above is better than the rubbish you came out with in your first post :)

Off out not to footy but you are clearly very narrow minded believing anyone who disagrees is racist and that is what is wrong in this country

Please point where I have called ANYONE a racist ?? :unsure::blink: (besides Griffin of course)

Edited by oafc0000

This is where there seems to be great confusion. As I posted last night, when people who are not fully committed Christians talk about "Christian values" and "being a good Christian" they often seem to mean a moral code of behaviour. But what they don't seem to understand is that the moral teachings of Islam and Hinduism are almost identical. And there are many non-believers like me who, having been brought up respectfully, try equally to live by the same moral code.

This is where there seems to be great confusion. As I posted last night, when people who are not fully committed Christians talk about "Christian values" and "being a good Christian" they often seem to mean a moral code of behaviour. But what they don't seem to understand is that the moral teachings of Islam and Hinduism are almost identical. And there are many non-believers like me who, having been brought up respectfully, try equally to live by the same moral code.

Exactly...

It should also be said that the laws of the country are pretty much in line with the teaches of both islam and Christianity...

Any attack from islam on Christianity values is frankly bollox...

I say for the 400th time... Perception and reality are two very different things... More people need to put their opinion in the relms of reality I think...

I've forgotten what the fuss is about Stephen Gately and Jan Muir but I think if it had been say some random well known party person/WAG

who had died in a similar way a lot of the article could be relevant to them.

I think a lot of the fuss was when she said that his death "strikes another blow to the happy-ever-after myth of civil partnerships".

Don't you see? Gordon Brown, Jack Straw and Alistair Darling won't rest until Shariyah law is in place.

Odd that, I thought New Labour was a conspiracy to place us under the control of the Scottish-Jewish-Lizard conspiracy. The Muslims aren't going to get a look in with that lot.

You see the MOBO awards as a "right" ??? :shock:

How about the "right" not to be discriminated against on the grounds of age, sex, religion or race ? How about those rights?

Those are rights... not a music award cermony...

Do you know what the MOBOs are ? Do you know how many white people have won awards there ?

Justin Timberlake, Christina and DJ Tim Westwood have all won at the MOBOs

Tim Westwood is WHITE?????? :shock::shock:

True or not?

If true then I ain't surprised and if more comes out people are going ot get alot angrier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...ultural-UK.html

That is fishier than an anchovy's :censored:. Any fool can see that the immigration that has been encouraged/allowed in recent years has been Poles and other Eastern Europeans to do the jobs that the white underclass prefer not to do, preferring benefits. Hardly changing the culture that dramatically, except in favour of working for a living. It's very telling that the BNP is now against the Pole these days, despite him being whiter than them and much more likely to be a homophobic practising Christian. He shows Mr Incapacity Benefits of Dagenham/Burnley up for the jobshy scrounger he most often is.

I would say the last 12 years we have seen immigration from across the world. Some work and some scrounge. BUT the one inescapable fact in all this is loads travel through multiple countries to get here to claim benefits, use the NHS etc, etc. The % between real immigrants and scroungers is unknown but nobody can avoid the reality that this country has seen rampant immigration under labour. Nor can they ignore the facts that under tories immigration was used to drive down wages. This again is why so many are turning to the BNP because so many believe we are reaching breaking point and under the mass immigration policy of labour that breaking point was always inevitable.

You cannot encourage mass immigration, design a welfare state of dependency and create phantom jobs in the public sector to create reliance on the state because you end up bankrupt as the government spends far more than its income. But this time labour have excelled themselves with £200 billion debt this year and several hundred billion of debt hidden off the books through PFI's and of course pension liabilities.

Edited by Max Damage

True or not?

If true then I ain't surprised and if more comes out people are going ot get alot angrier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...ultural-UK.html

So much would suggest that is bollox...

First of all its in the Daily Hate...Secondly the timing...Thirdly, its just sounds bollox...

If it wasn't bollox though it would be devastating to Labour....pretty sure it is though...

I would say the last 12 years we have seen immigration from across the world. Some work and some scrounge. BUT the one inescapable fact in all this is loads travel through multiple countries to get here to claim benefits, use the NHS etc, etc. The % between real immigrants and scroungers is unknown but nobody can avoid the reality that this country has seen rampant immigration under labour. Nor can they ignore the facts that under tories immigration was used to drive down wages. This again is why so many are turning to the BNP because so many believe we are reaching breaking point and under the mass immigration policy of labour that breaking point was always inevitable.

You cannot encourage mass immigration, design a welfare state of dependency and create phantom jobs in the public sector to create reliance on the state because you end up bankrupt as the government spends far more than its income. But this time labour have excelled themselves with £200 billion debt this year and several hundred billion of debt hidden off the books through PFI's and of course pension liabilities.

I dont get the bit about Labour "encouraging" mass immigration... What do you mean ? The UK has always been somewhere people want to come to... and the only major change on immigration has been the expansion of europe which is hardly Labour alone who did that...

By the way...at what point would you say immigration becomes mass immigration... I am struggling with that concept as well...

Initially a lot of Polish people (500,000 i think) arrived but if reports are true a lot also left... From what I know that is the only thing that came close to something I would to refer to as "mass"...

Edited by oafc0000

With respect I don't know how anyone can deny that the UK has been the subject of mass immigration. Having said that, that is why we are were we are. and why the BNP are in the news and gaining votes. People always turn to extremes when the mainstream fail them. And Labour have totally and utterly failed the UK.

They have bankrupted us with a spend and no save policy

They have plundered people private pension pots creating a pensions crisis wiping out final salary schemes in the private sector

They have presided over social breakdown of the family through the tax and benefits system

We now have an horendous drinks culture made worse through 24 hour licensing hours

They have encouraged single parents through the council housing system

Law and order has fallen as they bring in law after law criminalising normal people trying to defend theselves.

They have criminalised people for simply trying to discipline unruly kids leading to further social breakdowns

They have expanded the public sector to totally unsustainable levels

We have a massive data collection on individuals going on based on highly spurious reasoning

They have sent us on an illegal war based on lies and fabrications

They have refused a promised referendum on europe which leads to unelected leaders making even more decisions on our behalf and enriching themselves with our taxes

Many MPs have stolen and frauded the man in the street through corrupt expenses claims

They have introduced a new phrase to our society. "Positive discrimination" It does not exist, it is discrimination and a simple 2 finger salute to everyone else.

They have changed rules to allow certain religions special dispensation in jobs

They have introduced so many dumb laws leading to ordinary people ending up in courts for nothing

They have introduced a myriad of laws leading to fines and criminalisation for all manner of ridiculus things

The level of mess Labour have created is incredible and the Tories refusal to stand up and discuss many of these issues and infact welch out of discussing them has led to Nick griffin on Question time and the BNP getting even more supporters as a result of the disgraceful attack on freedom of speach that show exhibited.

Edited by Max Damage

They have refused a promised referendum on europe which leads to unelected leaders making even more decisions on our behalf and enriching themselves with our taxes

And good God, started a party on it's own on nigh on this issue. One which I vote for.

This is the biggest disgrace of all, one which I don't see the Tory's solving.

I'm not practising.

:winkything:

You're not the most unpleasant person on the web. But I bet you've got a claim for one of the most unpleasant 'front rooms'....a bloody photo of BP on the wall ?! I bet you've got them brass horseshoes and and a copy of The Haywain up as well.... :grin:

Bloody hell we might disagree...but "most unpleasant person" is a tad strong...

oh well...onwards and upwards :)

It was a tad strong, but I wasn't being serious geezer.

I'm sure you're a sound lad offline, but you take a pretty uncompromisingly straight and hard line with people online.