Chaddy End Cafe

I tried to buy a hot dog just before half time but was told whlst I could have the hot dog there werent any buns left to put them in. Kind of makes sense to buy as many buns as you have hot dogs right...or is that just me.

Maybe they didn't factor into the equation an unequal number of sausages and buns dropped on the floor in the rush to serve people. :unsure:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (alwaysablue @ Nov 2 2009, 17:32 PM)

I tried to buy a hot dog just before half time but was told whlst I could have the hot dog there werent any buns left to put them in. Kind of makes sense to buy as many buns as you have hot dogs right...or is that just me.

Maybe they didn't factor into the equation an unequal number of sausages and buns dropped on the floor in the rush to serve people. :unsure:

Or a few vegetarians wanted a snack, and got told they only thing avaialble was a hot dog without the sausage.... :shock:

:lol:

Classic northern response to "I'm vegetarian".

"Well, er, we've got bread... you could dip it in yer bovril." :unsure:

I prefer the Frankie Boyle version.

"Yes there is a vegetarian option. You can :censored: off!" :grin:

Edited by garcon

I got a bottle of whiskey into the Wolves game in the FA cup, sat on second row of chaddy end sharin it with my mates, not one steward said anything.

On reflection of this experience, the sewards aint all that bad :grin:

who needs food when youve got high commisioner! :grin:

:lol:

Classic northern response to "I'm vegetarian".

"Well, er, we've got bread... you could dip it in yer bovril." :unsure:

I prefer the Frankie Boyle version.

"Yes there is a vegetarian option. You can :censored: off!" :grin:

I once went in a chippy next to the Horse and Jockey at Chorlton Green. On the wall hung a list of the vegetarian options. First item on it was fish cakes.

To reply to a lot of posts- first if you think that you can't get a (thermos) flask into a Premiership ground for safety reasons then you are having a giggle- that sort of thing isn't stopped for safety reasons its stopped so the Premier League team can make more money. Secondly if air-horns are banned why was some woman using an air horn in the Chaddy yesterday (in full view of the stewards). Thirdly how come the drummer can get his drum sticks in (they are more for kettle drums) nevermind his drum as it doesn't take much to make a weapon out of one of them. Fourthly- two words for you 'magic coke' (although considering someone has got a bottle of whiskey in before I'm not sure why I bother- although considering at least one person got chucked out for smoking in his seat yesterday I don't think I'll risk it). They sell programmes- they make a decent weapon if used right (and that's before we got on to our pies and other refreshments).

You can't steward everyone and if they searched all Latics fans before entering I'm not so sure the Clayton Green etc. would be too happy as you'd have to be trying to enter the ground at 2.45 (for a 3pm kick off) to ensure you got in on time. Ground regulations are there for a reason but some common sense should see that people aren't going to use the likes of a £15 thermos flask as a weapon when they could buy a pie or a bottle of coke far cheaper

:lol: Sorry but got this vision now of blokes returning to their seats with a floppy sausage in their hands!

To reply to a lot of posts- first if you think that you can't get a (thermos) flask into a Premiership ground for safety reasons then you are having a giggle- that sort of thing isn't stopped for safety reasons its stopped so the Premier League team can make more money.

I think we realise that mate :)

Seems a lad got kicked out at the top of the Chaddy on Sunday for using an air horn...

Erm :mmm: are you absolutely certain? As I saw the woman using the air-horn and I think I know where the lad you are talking about was sat and I wouldn't be surprised if the same steward was involved for both cases. It may just be that the lad got chucked for something far worse (and that includes smoking) but doesn't want to own up to it.