Another ninety minutes played

It's interesting people complaining about two shots on target, it may well be the case but it didn't mean we didn't have a fair few chances to win it and up until the goal I'd say we were the best team, the problem IMO is that once we conceed a goal the heads drop and we cave in, also from what I heard before we appointed Penny is that he has no plan B and I'm starting to see it in a few performances

Edited by Tommy_Fent

I assume you mean Parker from Thunderbirds or summat, because you cannot be talking about Keigan.

1998-2004 - St. Johnstone - 124 (23)

2004-2008 - Blackpool - 141 (34)

2008-2009 - Huddersfield Town - 20 (2)

2009 - → Hartlepool United (loan) - 9 (0)

Check that for a record. He should get a goal every five games. though recently it has dropped off a little.

We need a new striker ... :bigcry:

It's interesting people complaining about two shots on target, it may well be the case but it didn't mean we didn't have a fair few chances to win it and up until the goal I'd say we were the best team, the problem IMO is that once we conceed a goal the heads drop and we cave in, also from what I heard before we appointed Penny is that he has no plan B and I'm starting to see it in a few performances

His Plan A is 0-0 and anything else is a bonus - that's the problem. We need more ambition on and off the field!

If we had a fair few chances to win it - does that mean two? I'm convinced that you cannot score unless you hit the target... What concerns me is that for all our psession and being the better team we simply do not turn that control into goals.

A shot every 45 minutes - this is what is slowly killing this club. I have followed Latics for 44 years and even my patience is wearing thin. In common with so many others I may one day just decide enough is enough :angry:

Please don't make a case for us to be happy with two shots on target unless you have no want for latics to progress. really

Now that we have DP we need to stick with him. Whether or not we should have appointed him I don't know, but then I think we should have stuck with Shez. At least he was a Latics bloke who showed managerial potential and who most people wanted to get behind......and if there wasn't entertainment on the pitch there certainly was off it. :grin: Maybe with a little hindsight people will admit that, on the whole, we actually had it okay under him.....

I for one would have been to more games this season if Shez was still here (and no doubt enjoyed them more as well).

If we had a fair few chances to win it - does that mean two? I'm convinced that you cannot score unless you hit the target... What concerns me is that for all our psession and being the better team we simply do not turn that control into goals.

A shot every 45 minutes - this is what is slowly killing this club. I have followed Latics for 44 years and even my patience is wearing thin. In common with so many others I may one day just decide enough is enough :angry:

thing is the stats don't always give a true reflection if we were to pass the ball to the keeper 2 times, but have about 6 or 7 flash past the woodwork would you say we only had 2 clear chances?

Please don't make a case for us to be happy with two shots on target unless you have no want for latics to progress. really

see above, the difference between Sat and the previous two were we were in control for most of the game, then they get a goal, pack the defence and we have no plan B. Basically I'm happy with the way we played up to the goal

thing is the stats don't always give a true reflection if we were to pass the ball to the keeper 2 times, but have about 6 or 7 flash past the woodwork would you say we only had 2 clear chances?

Spot on, it gets on my wick when Andy Gray and chums talk about, “having to work the keeper,” so a tame shot from 35 yards that Andy Goram could reach and hold is better than one that screams an inch past the post with the keeper rooted? Or for that matter having two of those crap shots on target is better than a game where you’ve had the ball flashing across the 6 yard box with the goal at your mercy but nobody could get a touch?

That said, if we were still playing at Gillingham now I’m not sure we’d have scored yet, it was painfully one-dimensional stuff. Even if we were going for a point I want to see us try something when we are losing!

Spot on, it gets on my wick when Andy Gray and chums talk about, “having to work the keeper,” so a tame shot from 35 yards that Andy Goram could reach and hold is better than one that screams an inch past the post with the keeper rooted? Or for that matter having two of those crap shots on target is better than a game where you’ve had the ball flashing across the 6 yard box with the goal at your mercy but nobody could get a touch?

I'd say both examples are equal in value, but point taken. :tongue: