golly gosh there are a few glum stricken people on here..In the main i fully understand there depressions,What with a new stadium in the pipeline..An exciting young manager in his first season of league one...Backers who are one hundred percent behind the welfare of the financial side of affairs...it ain't half blinking depressing...There is a way out though. Follow me and find jesus i found him last night in the waggon and horses after a few snifters belive me he loves you :grin: :grin: :grin:

golly gosh there are a few glum stricken people on here..In the main i fully understand there depressions,What with a new stadium in the pipeline..An exciting young manager in his first season of league one...Backers who are one hundred percent behind the welfare of the financial side of affairs...it ain't half blinking depressing...There is a way out though. Follow me and find jesus i found him last night in the waggon and horses after a few snifters belive me he loves you :grin: :grin: :grin:

:lol: reality check for some folk eh!

Hope you've got a bloody big tin hat mind!!!! :wink: The corporal and some of his not so merry troops will be along any moment to rape and pillage this way of thinking!! burning your village down as they leave........

:lol: reality check for some folk eh!

Hope you've got a bloody big tin hat mind!!!! :wink: The corporal and some of his not so merry troops will be along any moment to rape and pillage this way of thinking!! burning your village down as they leave........

'Time alone, time will tell, you think you're in heaven but you're living in hell.'

'DONT DO IT' funnily enough that thought flashed through my head today as i bought my ticket for the coach to Walsall as come 9:45 tommorrow i could regret it :grin:

Maybe, however his opinions and predictions are pretty realistic...... Unfortunately.

Not really – corporal and many other peoples pessimism/realism, whatever you want to call it is actually based on rather high expectations of what the club “can” achieve. The fact that this club is losing money year on year and as already had to be brought back from the dead in 2003 seems to have many alluded people. I would actually say it’s a lot more realistic to say the club is dying and if Failsworth doesn’t go ahead, it could be RIP.

But of course, that couldn’t be realistic, that would just be scaremongering wouldn’t it.

Not really – corporal and many other peoples pessimism/realism, whatever you want to call it is actually based on rather high expectations of what the club “can” achieve. The fact that this club is losing money year on year and as already had to be brought back from the dead in 2003 seems to have many alluded people. I would actually say it’s a lot more realistic to say the club is dying and if Failsworth doesn’t go ahead, it could be RIP.

But of course, that couldn’t be realistic, that would just be scaremongering wouldn’t it.

Good point, I can't really argue with that. Also unfortunately.

I actually agree that it could well be RIP if Failsworth doesn't go ahead.

The only trouble is that Failsworth dooms the club to a premanent lower division future. The club knows this, and that's why capacity is to be limited to 12000. When professional football in the lower divisions meets its demise, so will professional football in Oldham.

Far from having high expectations, I've felt for some time that getting bogged down for so long at this level made this kind of development inevitable.

Not sure which of his predictions have actually turned into reality yet. And until they do they are just predictions.

As others have noted, I was one of the only ones to predict openly that the so-called Great Recession would scupper plans to redevelop BP. I also predicted that we'd then be presented with a take-it-or-leave-it, downscaled and altogether inferior option. Those cheering loudest for Failsworth now shouted me down on both counts.

I predicted towards the end of last season that attendances would continue to fall alarmingly into the following season.

I also predicted that before we move into any new stadium we'll end up in a ground share with one of the local minnow clubs like Rochdale or Bury. We shall see.

And I'm not altogether sure that we'll ever see any new stadium at Broadway...

As others have noted, I was one of the only ones to predict openly that the so-called Great Recession would scupper plans to redevelop BP. I also predicted that we'd then be presented with a take-it-or-leave-it, downscaled and altogether inferior option. Those cheering loudest for Failsworth now shouted me down on both counts.

I predicted towards the end of last season that attendances would continue to fall alarmingly into the following season.

I also predicted that before we move into any new stadium we'll end up in a ground share with one of the local minnow clubs like Rochdale or Bury. We shall see.

I am glad you have listed them.

As others have noted, I was one of the only ones to predict openly that the so-called Great Recession would scupper plans to redevelop BP.

Wow that would have taken some doing, using the powers of Nostradamus. I know I certainly predicted it, mainly on the grounds of the large debt.

I also predicted that we'd then be presented with a take-it-or-leave-it, downscaled and altogether inferior option. Those cheering loudest for Failsworth now shouted me down on both counts.

Inevitable, but cannot really comment on that prediction.

Everyone predicted that. a) Becasue of the credit crunch B) because the lack of local away games menat the habit would be roken. c) The loss of Leicester, replacig with Brentford Exeter City Wycombe Wanderers Gillingham

What you said was that this was directly due to the general maliase and objection to Failsworth. Something that cannot be proven.

We shall, but that was on the basis of the press relases about ground share. May well happen, would not suprise me if we did. It would disappoint me greatly. It might not happen.

I predict a bad reaction if we go ground sharing. I also preecit a drop in attendances if we ground share.

I'm hardly Derren Brown for that prediction.

Not actually sure what you mean by that. Did you mean And I'm not altogether sure that we'll never not see any new stadium at Broadway..

If we are going to list them.

I predicted Joe's return was dsappointing.

I predicted that Dave Penney was a great appontment and we would not get steam rollered

Ia so predcited DP will use a lot of loanees

I predicted that Greg Fleming going to Dunferline was becasue he bottled it rather than Dave Penneys bad decision

I predcit that there will be less away support this season

I predcit that the new stadium design might suprise a few people

I predict Chaddy won't arse a round on a bike at BP any time soon....

Edited by singe

As others have noted, I was one of the only ones to predict openly that the so-called Great Recession would scupper plans to redevelop BP.

Wow that would have taken some doing, using the powers of Nostradamus. I know I certainly predicted it, mainly on the grounds of the large debt.

Don't know if you did or didn't, but, as I said, most of those now cheering for Failsworth were happy to repeat the club's assurances that the BP redevelopment was still on track.

I had a dream last night I set up a succesfull Electric Car Company, and I was a Trillionaire, who knows it might come true

Don't count on it. Electric cars are primarily a response to the prospect of Peak Oil (the moment when it begins to cost more to pump oil out of the ground than it's worth in terms of energy use.) Cars, whether electric or not, are made in large part out of...oil. It's said that it takes, all told, seven barrels of oil to make one car tyre.

Get in now or your project is clearly going to hit the buffers at some point

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Everyone predicted that. a) Becasue of the credit crunch B) because the lack of local away games menat the habit would be roken. c) The loss of Leicester, replacig with Brentford Exeter City Wycombe Wanderers Gillingham

What you said was that this was directly due to the general maliase and objection to Failsworth. Something that cannot be proven.

No everybody didn't. (In any case, I never said that I was the only one who ever predicts something correctly.) If you have enough time on your hands to look at my posting history, you'll see that a number of people denied it. I have reason to suspect you are one of 'em. It doesn't matter what the reasons are, by the way. The only thing that matters is that they continue to fall. Alarmingly.

The so-called credit crunch has not affected clubs who are thriving. It hasn't even affected many other clubs who are drifting along as aimlessly as this one. Falling crowds at BP have causes specific to this club.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

We shall, but that was on the basis of the press relases about ground share. May well happen, would not suprise me if we did. It would disappoint me greatly. It might not happen.

I predict a bad reaction if we go ground sharing. I also preecit a drop in attendances if we ground share.

I'm hardly Derren Brown for that prediction.

Not actually sure what you mean by that. Did you mean And I'm not altogether sure that we'll never not see any new stadium at Broadway..

If we are going to list them.

I predicted Joe's return was dsappointing.

I predicted that Dave Penney was a great appontment and we would not get steam rollered

Ia so predcited DP will use a lot of loanees

I predicted that Greg Fleming going to Dunferline was becasue he bottled it rather than Dave Penneys bad decision

I predcit that there will be less away support this season

I predcit that the new stadium design might suprise a few people

I predict Chaddy won't arse a round on a bike at BP any time soon....

Bully for you with all these predictions, singey baby. ('I can make predictions too! Now please give me back my dummy!')