DP to finally make his move

according to the 'Fishal he wants to enter the Transfer Market before Thursday's emergency loan deadline. About time I reckon, we've done ok but we're lightweight up top, have a couple treading disciplinary tight-ropes and now we have one or two that have come down with a bug.

DP

Let's hope the plans tonight are not disrupted too much by this 'bug'.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, ungentlemanly conduct Imo.

A bit harsh on Heffernan, a transfer fee of £175,000 had been agreed with Bristol City, but both the Bristol City and his agent went public to generate 'other' interest - Latics spat their dummy out but as far as i'm aware Heffernan never sat down Latics officials, talks were in the pipeline but instead he signed for DP at Donny, so imo hardly in the bracket of Wijnhard or Moore Jnr. His agaent's still a complete :censored:-house though!

Would be a decent signing if we could get him, not the biggest but has been a thorn in our side for years.

Edited by oafcprozac

A bit harsh on Heffernan, a transfer fee of £175,000 had been agreed with Bristol City, but both the Bristol City and his agent went public to generate 'other' interest - Latics spat their dummy out but as far as i'm aware Heffernan never sat down Latics officials, talks were in the pipeline but instead he signed for DP at Donny, so imo hardly in the bracket of Wijnhard or Moore Jnr. His agaent's still a complete :censored:-house though!

Would be a decent signing if we could get him, not the biggest but has been a thorn in our side for years.

I retract my comment then, just your normal run-of-the-mill agent then, can't say that I'm suprised.

He has been a thron in our side for a fair few years, I could well be wrong but I was lead to believe personal terms were agreed, very similair to the Moore scenario as you say - Bygones be bygones and all that

He has been a thron in our side for a fair few years, I could well be wrong but I was lead to believe personal terms were agreed, very similair to the Moore scenario as you say - Bygones be bygones and all that

perhaps the terms had been discussed with his agent prior to an arranged meeting that never happened due to the Scumbag Agent double dealing with Donny? As far as I'm aware Heffernan never arrived at BP for any talks?

Lets hope Heffernan doesnt' turn cr*p like most other strikers we have signed who have had a good scoring record (usually against us)!

I was pretty miffed at the time when we missed out on him; as i thought he'd be a super little signing for us. He had a decent run at Donny when they were in our Division; always looked dangerous playing in their 3 man up top (when attacking) formation.

With Billy Sharp et all playing for Donny right now he's not getting much a look in over there - BUT; is the same player he was? Couple of years on; not been getting regular 1st team football - will he be another Kabba / Ormerod / Byfield / Windyarse; who come in & have to play their way back to match fitness & sharpness???

Guess we'll see wont we?

I was pretty miffed at the time when we missed out on him; as i thought he'd be a super little signing for us. He had a decent run at Donny when they were in our Division; always looked dangerous playing in their 3 man up top (when attacking) formation.

With Billy Sharp et all playing for Donny right now he's not getting much a look in over there - BUT; is the same player he was? Couple of years on; not been getting regular 1st team football - will he be another Kabba / Ormerod / Byfield / Windyarse; who come in & have to play their way back to match fitness & sharpness???

Guess we'll see wont we?

Still barely 28, just the right age if you ask me - the others Kabba aprt (who was 28) were aged between 32-40. Heffernan doesn't rely on speed he uses his brain so wouldn't take long to get up to speed imo. Excuse the pun, anyhow we'll see but if we could get him long-term he'd be an ideal foil for Pav imo - Pav the link up player and Heffernan the poacher.