£2 adults vs Exeter; £1 kids

A point made by Snook a little earlier about people sitting in others seats. If you read your ticket, be it season or matchday, it states that you should 'take up your position at least 45 minutes before kick off'. Quite frankly I have no sympathy if your seat is taken*.

*Unless you are an exile and was stuck in traffic or have rushed in from work.

Glad you added that last bit Martin, not all of us have the luxury of living 2 minutes from the ground and not having to work crap shifts. On the day of the Exeter game i'm on earlies. I've blagged an early finish as usual but won't be able to leave work in Stretford any earlier than 2pm. I'll be extremely annoyed if I get to BP and the stadium is full of free loaders, meaning I can't get in, despite having a season ticket. I've no objection to sitting in a different seat if mine is taken but Celebration Sunday was far from a celebration. After my 20 mile drive to BP I was turned away, despite having a season ticket, and by the time I got home again at 3.30pm we were already 3 v 0 up.

I agree fully with the club offering such a massive discount in order to fill the stadium but they need to make the game all ticket and sell the tickets for peanuts to prevent another Celebration Sunday situation when plenty of season ticket holders got locked out.

I'm afraid i'm with Prozac when he says that the only reason he hasn't packed in coming this season is because he's already paid in advance. Just can't get excited by what's been served up of late.....

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you added that last bit Martin, not all of us have the luxury of living 2 minutes from the ground and not having to work crap shifts. On the day of the Exeter game i'm on earlies. I've blagged an early finish as usual but won't be able to leave work in Stretford any earlier than 2pm. I'll be extremely annoyed if I get to BP and the stadium is full of free loaders, meaning I can't get in, despite having a season ticket. I've no objection to sitting in a different seat if mine is taken but Celebration Sunday was far from a celebration. After my 20 mile drive to BP I was turned away, despite having a season ticket, and by the time I got home again at 3.30pm we were already 3 v 0 up.

I agree fully with the club offering such a massive discount in order to fill the stadium but they need to make the game all ticket and sell the tickets for peanuts to prevent another Celebration Sunday situation when plenty of season ticket holders got locked out.

I'm afraid i'm with Prozac when he says that the only reason he hasn't packed in coming this season is because he's already paid in advance. Just can't get excited by what's been served up of late.....

If it was an all ticket match you wouldn't get a significant increase, besides, the way we are playing at the moment we'll be lucky to get 7000 even if it's pay on the day!!!

People won't come and watch rubbish.....even for £2, and even those that do, when they see what's served up, do you really think they'll come to the next home game when it's £20!!! They didn't even come back after celebration Sunday when we played brilliant and won

6 v 0!!!!

I think the club are just throwing money away......You're not going to get bums on seats with one off promotions it has to be done over a sustainable period..................We should be aiming our promotions at Oldham's younsters who will be the future of the club and letting under 17's in free for the rest of the season would be far better!!

Or better still spend the money on better quality players....It's been said so many times, a successful team is the only way to increase your fanbase!!!

If it was an all ticket match you wouldn't get a significant increase, besides, the way we are playing at the moment we'll be lucky to get 7000 even if it's pay on the day!!!

People won't come and watch rubbish.....even for £2, and even those that do, when they see what's served up, do you really think they'll come to the next home game when it's £20!!! They didn't even come back after celebration Sunday when we played brilliant and won

6 v 0!!!!

I think the club are just throwing money away......You're not going to get bums on seats with one off promotions it has to be done over a sustainable period..................We should be aiming our promotions at Oldham's younsters who will be the future of the club and letting under 17's in free for the rest of the season would be far better!!

Or better still spend the money on better quality players....It's been said so many times, a successful team is the only way to increase your fanbase!!!

Exactly mate, 89-90 :censored: start to the season, first win of the season v Plymouth 4,940. Beat Scarborough 7-0, destroy Arsenal and win away at West Ham prior to the Chrimble double header at BP.

Boxing Day crowd v Port Vale? Nearly 12,000

4 days later v Portsmouth? Nigh on 9,000

The crowds for league games before we even beat Southampton, West Ham, Everton and Villa had more than doubled. It didn't take long for people to get interested.

20 years ago I know and football was a different sport blah, blah :censored:ing blah and it was cheaper. BUT we went into 89/90 off a 16th position finish - imagination can be caught quickly.

6 v 0!!!!

I wouldn't know mate because I couldn't get in, despite getting to the ground at about 1.30pm and having already paid for my seat in advance. Having said that, if I get locked out again, they might be doing me a favour this time around because we'll be lucky to score 1 goal let alone 6 :grin:

I've just had a reply from Guy regarding the christmas offer. Email below.

The £10.00 is off a home or fluo jersey in either adults or children's only. Also, 10% of other store purchases.

Regards

Guy

So there we are, not quite the deal I thought it was,sorry for that. If you want to you can still bring new fans to the game for £1/£2 and you get a voucher for £10 off the home or fluo away shirt and 10% of other purchases in the shop. I've sent an email asking that the article on the website be amended so it is more clearer.

The £10.00 is off a home or fluo jersey in either adults or children's only. Also, 10% of other store purchases.

Regards

Guy

So there we are, not quite the deal I thought it was,sorry for that. If you want to you can still bring new fans to the game for £1/£2 and you get a voucher for £10 off the home or fluo away shirt and 10% of other purchases in the shop. I've sent an email asking that the article on the website be amended so it is more clearer.

I've edited my earlier post in the light of Guy's explanatory email.

Regards

Guy

My dad picked my tickets up today and they did not give him a voucher. So I do not know if you get it at the turnstile.

I think the club is in for a big big shock on Saturday and TTA will find out just how low the level of support has fallen!!!

If that happens- I hope they don't blame the marketing guy. As no matter how hard or how inovatively you market a turd its still a turd and the club has become a turd on the back of their decisions in the main.

If that happens- I hope they don't blame the marketing guy. As no matter how hard or how inovatively you market a turd its still a turd and the club has become a turd on the back of their decisions in the main.

They can't blame the marketing guy....he's only been here two minutes!!!

I hope the team is sent out with more attacking intent than of late or we won't be attracting any new or lapsed fans to future matches. If we continue with the same ultra negative approach then we'll lose even more of the fans that are left. It's not as though it's getting us any rewards!

I consider myself a 'diehard' but lately have found it a chore to summon up any enthusiasm for the current crop of players or the tactics employed.

Come on ENTERTAIN us! I'd rather see us beaten 5-3 having a go than watch the current dross.

I think the club is in for a big big shock on Saturday and TTA will find out just how low the level of support has fallen!!!

I don't think they expect the crowd to more than double so it won't be a big shock. If there is a crowd of more than 7500 I'll be the shocked one!

Then please enlighten me. Possibly Asia aside, where do Man U advertise?

They advertised their league cup game against Tottenham on the radio. Think it was Key 103, not sure though. City use the radio a lot to advertise and their in their best league position for how many years?

Rubbish! It means we’ll never be able to quantify how many of the attendees are stay-aways turning up for the first time in ages in the sad lonely hope of seeing the American crumpet

no good for me . i am working. :disappointed:

*Attempts to locate razor for first time in several months and iron shirt*

Not heading up for this one but I already got my £2 game yesterday. The Carrow Road ticket staff were not the best mathematicians.

You spawny :censored: That said I'm not sure they didn't overchange me, I wasn't that focused at the time but I vaguely recall having more money than I expected, how you can make a mistake changing "0 for £19 is beyond me.

You spawny :censored: That said I'm not sure they didn't overchange me, I wasn't that focused at the time but I vaguely recall having more money than I expected, how you can make a mistake changing "0 for £19 is beyond me.

Wasn't sure what spawny meant, so googled it. The first result:

To be very successful without trying. Basically to be a lucky c*nt.

Nice.

Edited by jsslatic

I might not bother getting a Season Ticket next year.

The reduced attendances that we will get when we are in League 2 and Rochdale are a division higher will lead to more of these types of offer. So it will probably be cheaper NOT to get a Season Ticket.

I can probably still sit in my usual seat, regardless of whether someone has forked out a few hundered quid in one go to sit there all season. They'll probably just move and sit somewhere else.

I may of course need to relocate to another stand when we play Bury and Shrewsbury, but hey, I know that already dont I?

PS Have we given the whole of the RRE to the Exeter fans tomorrow?

I might not bother getting a Season Ticket next year.

The reduced attendances that we will get when we are in League 2 and Rochdale are a division higher will lead to more of these types of offer. So it will probably be cheaper NOT to get a Season Ticket.

I can probably still sit in my usual seat, regardless of whether someone has forked out a few hundered quid in one go to sit there all season. They'll probably just move and sit somewhere else.

I may of course need to relocate to another stand when we play Bury and Shrewsbury, but hey, I know that already dont I?

PS Have we given the whole of the RRE to the Exeter fans tomorrow?

I think the needle's stuck, Rick. :wink:

You'll be taking advantage of the season ticket holder based initiatives in the new year I assume?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...all-ticket.html

People criticise for promotions not being advertised enough....can't get any bigger than having the story in the Sun newpaper!!!

I like the caption, "PRETTY PENNEY," right beneath a photo of him looking like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle :wink: You just can't beat the Sun, eh Rosa? :peepwall: