Rumour FOUR!

From 606:

Penney to Walk?

League One Oldham Athletic

by laticsfanatic1976 (U13940085) 07 December 2009

comment on the article

A 'Rumour' is going around the Penney is going to walk today 'Monday' and Ritchie is already his replacement with Bunn 2nd in command as apparently he has completed his coaching badges, I have been informed this info is from someone within the club but honestly don't know what to make of it.

If this was to happen would it be a good move or not, or would you want to give Penney more time, I�m honestly on the fence with this, although i love Ritchie could he actually do something with the team of players we have? As any one else heard anything like this or could it just be a complete farce!

well well:

-TTA skint

-Wardle buying us

-Ritchie and Bunn

-Royle Return?? (with wardle?)

it is certainly rocky times at BP, something isnt right anyway with all these rumours...gues it is wait and see....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give us one thing, we're an 'interesting' club.

Bunn's well-respected within the game but I don't think Ritchie would come back, he was slowly getting it right last time after a rough couple of years without a pot to piss in! Then Moore sacked him for no good reason really and Stitch himself has been widely reported as saying he has fell out of love with the game (recently on revolution)

Personally, I think there's little or no truth in this but being OAFC who knows!

I heard the same thing about a Bunn/Ritchie management duo this weekend. My source is a club employee who in the past is always pretty accurate. Apparently a meeting later in the week with said parties.

I wouldn't get too excited about this one, can't see it happening.

I heard the same thing about a Bunn/Ritchie management duo this weekend. My source is a club employee who in the past is always pretty accurate. Apparently a meeting later in the week with said parties.

I wouldn't get too excited about this one, can't see it happening.

Do you think the club are lining up possible replacements in case things get even worse/dont recover?? ie the team

What happened at Barnsley and particularly Hudds. Tbh I don't think we're his favourite club either with the way he was treated here by Moore.

I was hoping he'd realised that, these days, only vast sums of money can fuel success.

A few prominent former players on the punditry circuit telling some home truths about the way the game's been basically ruined would be very welcome.

I was hoping he'd realised that, these days, only vast sums of money can fuel success.

A few prominent former players on the punditry circuit telling some home truths about the way the game's been basically ruined would be very welcome.

That would be the bloke who got sacked for not spending money when at Barnsley?

That would be the bloke who got sacked for not spending money when at Barnsley?

Unless there are two Andy Ritchies in English football, yes. But the reason for his sacking at Barnsley doesn't prove that, generally, it doesn't take money to achieve and sustain success in today's game.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Unless there are two Andy Ritchies in English football, yes. But the reason for his sacking at Barnsley doesn't prove that, generally, it doesn't take money to achieve and sustain success in today's game.

On this occasion, I was only alluding to the reasons why Ritchie wouldn’t be likely to have that particular viewpoint as he wanted to give it a go with the players he had. Doubt it is going to happen anyway, if he was coming back he would have been and probably gone already.

On this occasion, I was only alluding to the reasons why Ritchie wouldn’t be likely to have that particular viewpoint as he wanted to give it a go with the players he had. Doubt it is going to happen anyway, if he was coming back he would have been and probably gone already.

I'm just used to your usual role as the smiling assassin.

From 606:

Penney to Walk?

League One Oldham Athletic

by laticsfanatic1976 (U13940085) 07 December 2009

comment on the article

A 'Rumour' is going around the Penney is going to walk today 'Monday' and Ritchie is already his replacement with Bunn 2nd in command as apparently he has completed his coaching badges, I have been informed this info is from someone within the club but honestly don't know what to make of it.

If this was to happen would it be a good move or not, or would you want to give Penney more time, I�m honestly on the fence with this, although i love Ritchie could he actually do something with the team of players we have? As any one else heard anything like this or could it just be a complete farce!

well well:

-TTA skint

-Wardle buying us

-Ritchie and Bunn

-Royle Return?? (with wardle?)

it is certainly rocky times at BP, something isnt right anyway with all these rumours...gues it is wait and see....

I think we are more likely to see Ronnie Moore adopt a passing game than the above happening in the near future

In the last month i've seen Ritchie at 2 different events - the trust Q+A for one and in both he has stated that he wouldn't be 'rushing' back into football management in the near future - media being his current choice of occupation.

I'd be very, very surprised also If Bunn was to 'drop' down and given the current 'financial' rumour mill that is about, i can't see many ambitious young(ish) coaches/managers wanting to take a post at BP/Failsworth/Sheddings/BelleVue within the foreseable future.

Give DP the time he needs and back him further please board.

In full Corporal Jones Mode. I am going to make a prediction.

Some of the rumours today will not be true.

I've been saying it all day.

The reality is staring you in the face...

No mate ...... Alex is staring me in the face .... and if thats the truth .... GOD HELP US :grin:

In full Corporal Jones Mode. I am going to make a prediction.

Some of the rumours today will not be true.

I've been saying it all day.

The reality is staring you in the face...

That's the third time today I've noticed you've mentioned me and not in direct response to anything I've said.

Should I be peeping round the curtains?

That's the third time today I've noticed you've mentioned me and not in direct response to anything I've said.

Should I be peeping round the curtains?

3rd time is it?

I am worrying myself now. That's bordering on obsessive.

Although I don't know where you live, the walls have ears.