Rumour FOUR!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, come on! Get real will you all?

Ritchie & Bunn back at Latics? That would be about as believable as Big Joe himself coming back as manager at Bounda.... Say!! that might just swell the attendances attendance for the first game till the team go on to not win for 7 games! :blink:

Spotted a typo!

In the last month i've seen Ritchie at 2 different events - the trust Q+A for one and in both he has stated that he wouldn't be 'rushing' back into football management in the near future - media being his current choice of occupation.

I'd be very, very surprised also If Bunn was to 'drop' down and given the current 'financial' rumour mill that is about, i can't see many ambitious young(ish) coaches/managers wanting to take a post at BP/Failsworth/Sheddings/BelleVue within the foreseable future.

Give DP the time he needs and back him further please board.

Even if the rumours were true he wouldn't tell you at a Forum anyway especially with Dave Penneystill in the job.........I reckon he would walk to BP over broken glass if it were offered, the current board and backroom staff had absolutely nothing to do with his sacking, even Alan Hardy fell on to Chris Moore's sword!!!

Even if the rumours were true he wouldn't tell you at a Forum anyway especially with Dave Penneystill in the job.........I reckon he would walk to BP over broken glass if it were offered, the current board and backroom staff had absolutely nothing to do with his sacking, even Alan Hardy fell on to Chris Moore's sword!!!

I would be surprise if he would... Considering some of the stuff he used to get off the crowd... I used to sit near the tunnel and it was awful...

I would be surprise if he would... Considering some of the stuff he used to get off the crowd... I used to sit near the tunnel and it was awful...

:blush:

I didn't really mean it, Andy. The benefit of hindsight and all that...

Sorry, i didn't want it to sound like he was asked about a return to BP, as if i can remember back to the night(s), this was never asked - if it was i've forgotten!! But his general attitude seemed to give off hints that he wouldn't be rushing back to the game, due to the way he had been previously treated, not only at BP, but more so with Barnsley and Udders.

I also appreciate that the current backroom staff had nowt to do with his exit - I just feel all of this talk of penney being sacked and 2 more prodigal sons returning is all a bit daft to be quite honest.

Edited by futchers briefs

:blush:

I didn't really mean it, Andy. The benefit of hindsight and all that...

I remember Andy changing formation during a game four times... and some bright spark started shouting at him that he did not have f**king clue because of it and we was 2 down or something (besides the calls for plans b,c and d these days)... End of the game we won 3-2 or something and the bright spark had nothing to offer...not even an apology... He just sheepishly moped out of the stadium and didnt even clap the players... Awesome... I looked for him on purpose while shacking Ritchie's hand... He still sits there today offering his "opinion" I understand...

Ritchie kept us up (and we should of gone down really) and then went on to prove himself and Barnsley (imo)... Big mistake letting him go...

Edited by oafc0000

I remember Andy changing formation during a game four times... and some bright spark started shouting at him that he did not have f**king clue because of it and we was 2 down or something (besides the calls for plans b,c and d these days)... End of the game we won 3-2 or something and the bright spark had nothing to offer...not even an apology... He just sheepishly moped out of the stadium and didnt even clap the players... Awesome... I looked for him on purpose while shacking Ritchie's hand... He still sits there today offering his "opinion" I understand...

Ritchie kept us up (and we should of gone down really) and then went on to prove himself and Barnsley (imo)... Big mistake letting him go...

Didn't ritchie sign Paul Beevers :wink:

Did he give a reason?

He watched us play football

I've heard that Simon Corney will take over as Head Coach, as part of a cost cutting exercise.

And that he will also be Head Coach driver.

He'll easily get the lads fired up, if they dont do a performance he'll get his "boys" that he knows on them :wink:

From 606:

Penney to Walk?

League One Oldham Athletic

by laticsfanatic1976 (U13940085) 07 December 2009

comment on the article

A 'Rumour' is going around the Penney is going to walk today 'Monday' and Ritchie is already his replacement with Bunn 2nd in command as apparently he has completed his coaching badges, I have been informed this info is from someone within the club but honestly don't know what to make of it.

If this was to happen would it be a good move or not, or would you want to give Penney more time, I�m honestly on the fence with this, although i love Ritchie could he actually do something with the team of players we have? As any one else heard anything like this or could it just be a complete farce!

well well:

-TTA skint

-Wardle buying us

-Ritchie and Bunn

-Royle Return?? (with wardle?)

it is certainly rocky times at BP, something isnt right anyway with all these rumours...gues it is wait and see....

I went to the ticket office today and saw AR going in at 2pm dressed like a builder ??

How are Frankie's knees nowadys? any chance of coming on as a sub we could do with the goals right now.

could it happen? not sure. would i support two latics legends at the helm? of course.

this would be exciting if it came off and i think would help attendances