stadium design

They could have demolished the Civic Centre and instead of the NHS building built a new stadium on all the availbale land.

Move the councils ivory towers to Failsworth and the NHS to BP - problem solved and everyone's happy :wink:

:grin:

Except the Council, I would expect, it's not even got an OL postcode you know!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sufficient food outlets to serve everyone when the ground is full,

It won't be full all that often. The sub-12000 capacity tells us that games against lowly sides is the aim for evermore. There is no ambition to even get the kind of crowd we still occasionally managed before the Lookers came down.

What the ground ends up looking like is secondary to this fact.

It won't be full all that often. The sub-12000 capacity tells us that games against lowly sides is the aim for evermore. There is no ambition to even get the kind of crowd we still occasionally managed before the Lookers came down.

What the ground ends up looking like is secondary to this fact.

I will be disappointed if we build anything less than 40,000 as we have occasionally got crowds higher than this in the FA Cup.

its not in oldham never will be while i talk thru the hole in my ar*e ,and i wont be going to a ground in man(:censored:y)chester

edited for accuracy.

All this manchester nonsense is getting a bit :censored: boring now. :blink:

I wonder if as many folk complained about BP being in Rochdale when it was proposed.

After the last meeting it was said that the plans for the new stadium should be available in January. I think the same company that designed the new BP is designing the new ground at Failsworth so I think it'll be pretty similar to what was designed there and won't need much time to alter for the new site. Everyone liked that design didn't they?

The stadium will be pretty much like other stadiums because there isn't much uniqueness you can bring into a stadium, the new BP wasn't going to be unique. You can make a stadium feel like home though and I think that's what we should be trying to do.

A stadium should have great facilities and good views, it's upto the club and it's fans to make it feel like home.

nope.didnt like it,but it was similar to what we already have,and was only designed that way because of the size of the land and the existing club.

the new ground is going into a completely blank canvass...so it doesnt need to look anything like bp or other similar clubs..

i for one think the corners should be filled in,or if they wont then defo fill in two corners so the home stands are sorted and leave the away end as a stand alone stand,corners can always be added later to that.

nope.didnt like it,but it was similar to what we already have,and was only designed that way because of the size of the land and the existing club.

the new ground is going into a completely blank canvass...so it doesnt need to look anything like bp or other similar clubs..

i for one think the corners should be filled in,or if they wont then defo fill in two corners so the home stands are sorted and leave the away end as a stand alone stand,corners can always be added later to that.

It will look like other stadiums though, it might have a different facade to the front but it'll just be a load of concrete and steel and plastic behind it like every other stadium. It just needs to have the right facilities and to feel like home.

I'd like to see the corners filled in as well but that would add cost to the build that wouldn't be cost effective because you can't fit as many seats in a corner. That's why Stoke's ground only has one corner filled. They still make a great atmosphere there.

edited for accuracy.

All this manchester nonsense is getting a bit :censored: boring now. :blink:

I wonder if as many folk complained about BP being in Rochdale when it was proposed.

It might be getting boring but it certainly isn't nonsense. We are moving to Manchester.

And when was it proposed we were moving to Rochdale ? It wasn't. There were a few rumours, and TTA squashed those.

It might be getting boring but it certainly isn't nonsense. We are moving to Manchester.

And when was it proposed we were moving to Rochdale ? It wasn't. There were a few rumours, and TTA squashed those.

Where has this rumour come from about us moving to Manchester, I thought we were moving to Failsworth !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Where has this rumour come from about us moving to Manchester, I thought we were moving to Failsworth !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It's like Carlisle being a small town in Scotland, geography has never been a strong point with latics fans, if it was maybe more would be able to find BP?

It's like Carlisle being a small town in Scotland, geography has never been a strong point with latics fans, if it was maybe more would be able to find BP?

I'll never forget playing Chesterfield when a load of numpties were singing 'you dirty Yorkshire bastards'

Failsworth might be inside the borough of Oldham (just), but culturally (for want of a better word) it is very much Mancunian, due to the high number of Mancunians who settled there over the decades. This is why there has never been any significant support for Latics in Failsworth.

And it doesn't matter that Failsworth has never been within the city boundaries.

Failsworth might be inside the borough of Oldham (just), but culturally (for want of a better word) it is very much Mancunian, due to the high number of Mancunians who settled there over the decades. This is why there has never been any significant support for Latics in Failsworth.

And it doesn't matter that Failsworth has never been within the city boundaries.

Don't disagree that Failsworth is mancunian, we aren't moving to Manchester though. Going round in circles.

When did the passport control booths get taken down in oldham?

My mum and Dad moved to Oldham in the early 70s. They were not <SHOCK, HORROR> from oldham.

OH MY GOD!

A bloke from Manchester and his wife moving to Oldham. How did this happen.

Let's face facts, there are probably more people living in Oldham that attend Manure and Citeh games than attend Oldham, games.

ALL of the towns around manchester are to some degree populated by mancunians. oldham is not a local town for local people. That's what Shaw is for. :wink:

We live in a multi-cultural world, where people access music from every nation and embrace it. We travel to every country and eat their food (except Koran dog recipes and French horse meat). And yet we find an HUGE issue ove a 3 mile move to a place that has been part of Oldham borough for as long as Chadderton, Shaw and Royton; and never been part of manchester.

If you want to just look for differences, you can always find them, whether it's between residents of derker and moorside or residents of australia and america.

I guess it's just down to your outlook.

That's because it's in...Oldham. But, as I say, it's culturally Mancunian, and most people in Failsworth would consider themselves Mancunians.

They probably do, but everyone else thinks they are plastic mancs. I doubt when we play MK Dons etc, they will be thinking why are they playing in Manchester??? no they will be none the wiser, so move on.

Edited by bowl