Micah Richards Saga

As I said earlier, I don't expect any connection whatsoever between the Richards money and the stadium. My worry is that the receipt of the money will coincide with the departure of TTA, and neither the team nor its home will benefit from the money.

Has anyone asked TTA what plans for the club they would have in event of a £2.4 million windfall ?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone asked TTA what plans for the club they would have in event of a £2.4 million windfall ?

To be fair, no.

Would we get an answer to such a question though?

Could they actually answer that at this time even?

And would it depend on the situation as it stood at the time of receiving the money?

It is the latter that worries me.

No real need to ask is there?.......they would have every right to pocket the cash and offset some of the dead money they have invested and I would have no problem with it whatsoever!!

As I said earlier, I don't expect any connection whatsoever between the Richards money and the stadium. My worry is that the receipt of the money will coincide with the departure of TTA, and neither the team nor its home will benefit from the money.

As mentioned earlier (although I cannot vouch for it's legitimacy) if the club owes Corney and Co. £3m, haven't we "benefitted" from this money already - in lieu of the anticipated Holy Grail that is the Micah's Millions?

Once the stadium is built it will never be extended. That's because a sub-12000 capacity represents, at the very best, ambitions to have only brief Scunthorpe and Colchester-type forays into the Championship. Relegation within a season or two will necessitate no ground extension, particularly as it's likely to lead, sooner or later, to a further decline. As will happen soon to the above-mentioned clubs, both of whom will be back in the fourth division within five years.

Corporal Jones aka Nostradamus!

Once the stadium is built it will never be extended. That's because a sub-12000 capacity represents, at the very best, ambitions to have only brief Scunthorpe and Colchester-type forays into the Championship. Relegation within a season or two will necessitate no ground extension, particularly as it's likely to lead, sooner or later, to a further decline. As will happen soon to the above-mentioned clubs, both of whom will be back in the fourth division within five years.

So what are our options?

Our owners have limited funds. We're in the midst of a recession. Other clubs who've over spent in the way you seem keen for us to do so are sweating like pigs as they bash away at their calculators trying to make the books balance.

(Is this really what you want for Oldham for the sake of a few seasons pretending to be a good Championship side?)

You articulate your point (singular) very well but offer nothing in the way of suggestions as to what can be done to 'stop the rot'. Even the 'Penney-outers' who I feel could not be more wrong, at least offer alternatives to Penney to back up their criticisms of him.

What are our options Corp? What are our options?

(You've said before it is not your job to make suggestions and provide alternatives but the extent to which you make the same point again and again and again ad infinitum, I beg to differ.)

Woof.

So what are our options?

Our owners have limited funds. We're in the midst of a recession. Other clubs who've over spent in the way you seem keen for us to do so are sweating like pigs as they bash away at their calculators trying to make the books balance.

(Is this really what you want for Oldham for the sake of a few seasons pretending to be a good Championship side?)

You articulate your point (singular) very well but offer nothing in the way of suggestions as to what can be done to 'stop the rot'. Even the 'Penney-outers' who I feel could not be more wrong, at least offer alternatives to Penney to back up their criticisms of him.

(You've said before it is not your job to make suggestions and provide alternatives but the extent to which you make the same point again and again and again ad infinitum, I beg to differ.)

Woof.

not sure if not having the answer devalues his point...

Corporal Jones aka Nostradamus!

Wait and see. It ahrdly takes special powers to look at what's happened to the club over the past fifteen years, assess how TTA's period in charge has unfolded and draw some conclusions as to what the proposed new stadium represents.

Nor does it take any to work out where a couple of smalltown clubs with very limited fanbases and no mega-rich backers, who've spent most of their league histories in the basement divison, are likely to end up when their luck runs out.

So what are our options?

Woof.

I've already said on many occasions tht I don't really believe anything can be done unless we get seriously wealthy backers. Unfortunately, trying to reinvent the club as one of professional football's minnows will only drag it down further. We're already seeing how little the Oldham public is interested in a club going nowhere.

It doesn't matter how many times the point is made.