Increasing support at BP

A few months ago the trust came out publically to voice their concern about dwindling support coming to BP.

Many topics and much conversation took place, what actually has been done apart from reducing prices for the Exeter game? It doesn't seem like much to me, happily to be corrected.

A few months ago the trust came out publically to voice their concern about dwindling support coming to BP.

Many topics and much conversation took place, what actually has been done apart from reducing prices for the Exeter game? It doesn't seem like much to me, happily to be corrected.

It snowed and games got called off, so not much happened.

Which game since Exeter would you most like to seen some Marketing for? :wink:

Hopefully Guy the Marketing Guy has now had time to develop a good plan, though not much money in the coffers to do it with after all these postponements.

Edited by singe

We employed a marketing guy

Long term, you can only be successful in marketing if you have an attractive product to offer.

If the team are playing good football and are well placed in the league then it makes marketing a whole lot easier.

If the product on the pitch is poor and the facilities at the ground are non existant I fail to see how marketing can be a success!!!

I fear this new 'Guy' is on a loser until our move to a new stadium and we improve the experience on and off the pitch.

Hopefully, if and when we do, he will be well placed to take advantage of the 'New Brand'!!!!

It snowed and games got called off, so not much happened.

Which game since Exeter would you most like to seen some Marketing for? :wink:

Hopefully Guy the Marketing Guy has now had time to develop a good plan, though not much money in the coffers to do it with after all these postponements.

Wow we haven't had a home game since Exeter. Fair enough :blush:

I'm hoping there are a few more ideas gonna come through between now and the end of the season with a big push for next season regarding season tickets, something to get the feel-good factor back.

Wow we haven't had a home game since Exeter. Fair enough :blush:

I'm hoping there are a few more ideas gonna come through between now and the end of the season with a big push for next season regarding season tickets, something to get the feel-good factor back.

We desperately need this team to show what they can do over the second half of the season.

Hopefully we can get our injured players back soon and a steady climb up the league table would make any marketing incentives/offers for next years season tickets that much easier!!!

put a product on the pitch that the drifters will want to watch...simples.

Unfortunately the snow 'On Broadway' is causing access problems so any product is unlikely at the moment.

Sources 'At The Club' are also claiming that there is snow 'Up On The Roof'.

If anyone's stuck for something to do with the Orient game not being on, 'Come On Over To My Place' and we'll arrange a 'Saturday Night At The Movies'.

I agree Penney and the team have a job to do to get it better on the pitch, something to have a bit of optimism about. The next couple of months or so Penney needs to bring in the right players so the last few games we can see some decent football and some goals.

Dead easy, attacking football plenty of goals at either end and we become everyone's second favourite team again circa 88-94, simples...

But, as we've seen before, it would take consistently good form, leading to a sense of progress over several seasons, to sustain higher crowds. One season OK and the next a slipping back is, as we've also seen, useless.

put a product on the pitch that the drifters will want to watch...simples.

Unfortunately the snow 'On Broadway' is causing access problems so any product is unlikely at the moment.

If anyone's stuck for something to do with the Orient game not being on, 'Come On Over To My Place' and we'll arrange a 'Saturday Night At The Movies'.

:lol:

I liked that.

It's one thing getting the drifters back, but what about the wispas, the double deckers and the flakes? I'm old enough to have seen marathons at BP, but the proposed stadium size indicates that we are highly unlikely ever to see those days again.

It's one thing getting the drifters back, but what about the wispas, the double deckers and the flakes? I'm old enough to have seen marathons at BP, but the proposed stadium size indicates that we are highly unlikely ever to see those days again.

bit of a maverick aren't you.................. :getmecoat:

I'm confused slightly at this 'losing money cause the games are called off' malarky.

Surely whenever the games get re-arranged and played we'll be getting the money eventually? It's not like we're suddenly gonna play less games than the rest of the league?

I'm confused slightly at this 'losing money cause the games are called off' malarky.

Surely whenever the games get re-arranged and played we'll be getting the money eventually? It's not like we're suddenly gonna play less games than the rest of the league?

AS SC stated, on Boxing Day it was expected Tranmere would bring 2,000, and more from us. A traditionally bumper day for crowds. The midweek game might get 500 tranmere fans, and less from us.

The same for the other saturday games that are now midweek.

AS SC stated, on Boxing Day it was expected Tranmere would bring 2,000, and more from us. A traditionally bumper day for crowds. The midweek game might get 500 tranmere fans, and less from us.

The same for the other saturday games that are now midweek.

If I was the marketing guy, I would request Tranmere is replayed on any available Saturday, to maximise the away fans potential. There arent many of those in this league to begin with