PENNEY OUT - (keep all penney out posts in this thread)

Pathetic!

we can moan about a pen but still it only would have been 0-0 without that pen! clueless

and oh look

O GRADY HATRICK! !! !

We didnt have a shot on target second half

effin pathetic

You have bought :censored:e players and you have :censored:e tactics!

Goodnight Dave

now piss off

I dont comment much on this site, i'm more of a reader, but imo alot of the fans and the board should shoulder the blame for our current predicament. We had a young decent manager in Sheridan who in my opinion over achieved in what he did here. Getting us in the play offs, and top half of the table on a regular basis and playing half decent football to boot. I understand that just prior to his removal we had the dogs saga and the results started to fall away, but i think he'd done enough to warrant a bit longer at the helm.

A large portion of the fans however felt different and started clamour for his removal and the board listened. Now look at us in the relegation places playing dreadful football with a team full of journey men who couldn't score in a brothel. The same happened with Ronnie Moore. I do agree though this time Penney does need to go as i cant see us getting out of this mess with him in charge. I just hope if he does go and we get a half decent manager in charge the fans snd board will be patient with him and allow us to slowly build.

I was delighted when Penny joined us as thought he came across as a straight talking bloke with a decent record. BUT the present rubbish is terminal. The O'Grady situation laughable...chased by Shez over time and then never given a chance, Penny doesnt rate him so we sell him STILL ON CHEAP to help cash flow no doubt. BUT Eaves, Brooke Smalley etc arent ready are they. Too much pressure on them. Cant score crap tactics.... Sorry Dave booger off and forget the contract IF we sack him its yet another manager to pay off to join a growing list. Then again who would want the job?????? No money for transfers, 3/4 of a ground, ill conceived move on cards, no excitement on pitch, no passion flair or talent evident, players looking frightened to have a shot. Defence conceed a goal and its a defeat.... The future well its down at this rate...

Smalley should be ready, this is his third full season.If he's not ready now, ship him out.

I was delighted when Penny joined us as thought he came across as a straight talking bloke with a decent record. BUT the present rubbish is terminal. The O'Grady situation laughable...chased by Shez over time and then never given a chance, Penny doesnt rate him so we sell him STILL ON CHEAP to help cash flow no doubt. BUT Eaves, Brooke Smalley etc arent ready are they. Too much pressure on them. Cant score crap tactics.... Sorry Dave booger off and forget the contract IF we sack him its yet another manager to pay off to join a growing list. Then again who would want the job?????? No money for transfers, 3/4 of a ground, ill conceived move on cards, no excitement on pitch, no passion flair or talent evident, players looking frightened to have a shot. Defence conceed a goal and its a defeat.... The future well its down at this rate...

The O'Grady situation can be saved if we bring in a proven replacement at this level before the end of the transfer window. If not, I totally agree.

Get Gannon and Peter Ward IN

Gannon might be a moody and stubborn guy but he demands respect from his players, 100% effort every week and DOES play attacking football as was shown at county when we lost 3-1 last season.

He will have more money wages wise to work with here than county and can no doubt ship a few people out. He gets young playes to play and likes energy.

I am a penney in guy and hate the constant chopping and changing but TTA appointed him and it clearly just isnt working. I think the players here arent the 21st worst bunch in the league, they need someone to believe in them and give them licence to get about the pitch and attack the opposition.

If the rumours of Gannon being in the box on wednesday are true then I think a defeat against brentford, 4 points adrift and DP is gone.

I will keep Dave in, unless we can get Gannon/Ritchie in.

Or both, Ritch as Director of Football?

That would be good!

Don't think there is any need for a director of football at the moment

And I don't think Ritchie is the man either. This team needs a manager who can give them an almighty kick up the arse.

If Gannon wasnt such a :censored: I would have had him in a heartbeat as he has proven he can bring success with limited resources.

I dont comment much on this site, i'm more of a reader, but imo alot of the fans and the board should shoulder the blame for our current predicament. We had a young decent manager in Sheridan who in my opinion over achieved in what he did here. Getting us in the play offs, and top half of the table on a regular basis and playing half decent football to boot. I understand that just prior to his removal we had the dogs saga and the results started to fall away, but i think he'd done enough to warrant a bit longer at the helm.

A large portion of the fans however felt different and started clamour for his removal and the board listened. Now look at us in the relegation places playing dreadful football with a team full of journey men who couldn't score in a brothel. The same happened with Ronnie Moore. I do agree though this time Penney does need to go as i cant see us getting out of this mess with him in charge. I just hope if he does go and we get a half decent manager in charge the fans snd board will be patient with him and allow us to slowly build.

True.

The only way a club like us can hope for a good manager is to take a gamble on a young manager who (Like Sheridan) has little experience as the only managers we can get otherwise are those that don't have much of an idea, it is sad but true that if you had a proven track record you wouldn't look at a vacancy at Oldham twice.