possible signings?

Don't no if this has been mentioned but there was 2 players released deadline day. Not sure if theyve been snapped up already or if they are affordable but b worth the enquiry with a view 2 a deal til end of season. Paul dickov and simon whalley. Experienced striker who will get goals at this level and creative midfielder. The 2 positions we r weakest in imo

Don't no if this has been mentioned but there was 2 players released deadline day. Not sure if theyve been snapped up already or if they are affordable but b worth the enquiry with a view 2 a deal til end of season. Paul dickov and simon whalley. Experienced striker who will get goals at this level and creative midfielder. The 2 positions we r weakest in imo

was mentioned yesterday about dickov...doubt we would afford his demands

whalley i mentioned a few weeks ago as a possible replacement should taylor go.decent winger....doubt diamond dave has them on his radar though...not ex players of his are they

The thought of Dickov being seen as a saviour makes me sad.

I've only been on 3 days but people here either have short memories or are new fans! Oldham fans used too HATE Dickov!

I didn't but then again I remembered who scored for Arsenal twice when they beat Crystal Palace on the last day as we played Southampton, of course when he went to Citeh my opinion of him dropped but I could never hate a man who kept us in the Prem.

I didn't but then again I remembered who scored for Arsenal twice when they beat Crystal Palace on the last day as we played Southampton, of course when he went to Citeh my opinion of him dropped but I could never hate a man who kept us in the Prem.

He didn't keep us up. WE kept ourselves up.

Horrible, nasty little thing who gave abuse to the fans and always scored against us. The crowd hated him.

He didn't keep us up. WE kept ourselves up.

Horrible, nasty little thing who gave abuse to the fans and always scored against us. The crowd hated him.

No we did what we had to do- by beating Southampton, we needed Crystal Palace to loose Dickov had a big part in that in one of his first professional games. If Dickov doesn't score twice do we stay up- its doubtful. That is why I could never hate him. But that's just me- I understand why Latics fans do.

No we did what we had to do- by beating Southampton, we needed Crystal Palace to loose Dickov had a big part in that in one of his first professional games. If Dickov doesn't score twice do we stay up- its doubtful. That is why I could never hate him. But that's just me- I understand why Latics fans do.

so because you hate a player because of who he used to play for, you wouldn't sign him in the future? Wouldn't that just be cutting your nose off to spite your face?

if he improves the squad(which imo he will) then thats the only thing that matters especially in this day and age and in the position we find ourselves in

so because you hate a player because of who he used to play for, you wouldn't sign him in the future? Wouldn't that just be cutting your nose off to spite your face?

if he improves the squad(which imo he will) then thats the only thing that matters especially in this day and age and in the position we find ourselves in

Firstly read what I've said in my two posts- I don't hate Paul Dickov, I would sign him if he wanted to come; the one who wouldn't sign him because he feels Latics fans hate him is GannonPM. Secondly, I entirely agree with you when we are top of the Prem we can afford to be picky about who we sign but until that day we can't.

Ive been told earlier tonight that Whaley is signing/has signed for us. Would be a good signing if what my source says is true, hopefully it is.

My source btw for those who will ask is a friend who knows someone at the club, and hes supplied me with some good heads up in the past, hopefully this is another.

Ive been told earlier tonight that Whaley is signing/has signed for us. Would be a good signing if what my source says is true, hopefully it is.

My source btw for those who will ask is a friend who knows someone at the club, and hes supplied me with some good heads up in the past, hopefully this is another.

lets hope so becaues he could be the creative spark were missing

I would like to see us sign another striker, I know we have signed Price but he is more of an impact player unless Pav can feed of him. I think Clarke or Nardiello from Blackpool untill the end of the season the lad Clarke has only played five games for them. He must be chomping at the bit, and Blackpool signed 3 more forwards on deadline day. Of course Heff would do but I think of the three Clarke would score more .

I've heard the same but surely Whaley is too creative and attack minded for David Penis to want at our club.

Edited by Lee Sinnott

I've heard the same but surely Whaley is too creative and attack minded for David Penis to want at our club.

Through work i tend to watch a lot of games at Pne, Simon Whaley when interested is a superb winger, the problem was that this was in about 2 games out of 10, if things are going his way he will deliver but far too often he would go into hiding, Norwich obviously worked him out after 1 season and then started sending him out on loan to try and get rid.

My :sauce: tells me Simon Whalley is on trial with us this week and plays for the Reserves tomorrow.