Stadium Plans Thread

........because phase 1 would'nt have looked as attractive as phase 2..........making it's very hard to sell phase 1 to the doubters

I have trolled through all the posts and veiwed the OS plans...........and its as clear as day

EXPECT A STADIUM WITH 4 SEPARATE STANDS............THERE IS FOOKS CHANCE OF ANY CORNER STANDS BEING BUILT NOW OR IN THE FUTURE

It's a shame really because as an original Failsworth doubter, I suddenly found myself dearing to believe..........that was until I read through the posts in this thread

LAGS is right........it's all smoke screens and mirrors...........if you are going for planning permission for a stadium with 4 separate stands (phase 1) - why show the fans a different set of plans showing corners (phase 2)........ :shock:

I have never been so emotionally drained as I am at moment...........earlier tonight whilst veiwing the OS plans I was giddy with excitement and for the first time in ages I actually believed our fortunes could be changing.........I got a buzz FFS

A note to the TTA........oh forget it, i'll probably say something I will regret in the morning..................Is it wrong to want the best for my club?

PHASE 2 LOOKS AMAZING AND GETS MY FULL SUPPORT...............phase 1 falls considerable below that beit a new stadium or not

Alan Hardy has confirmed that they are talking to some people about investing to fill in the corners. Not 100% sure if that is offices or not

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Hardy has confirmed that they are talking to some people about investing to fill in the corners. Not 100% sure if that is offices or not

I just dont get it. I really dont.

I havent read everything on this thread so it may have been explained - however I really dont understand why a bit of curved masonary makes so much difference to peoples lives? If its a capacity thing, fair enough, however for most people seem to indicate that having two corners will make them contented little souls, whilst 4 stands will make them angrier than Gene Hunt after someone has keyed the quattro....

Its just mental. If I were the TTA i'd just make the stands smaller and shove in a couple of corners. It seems that in most eyes corners give us individuality where 4 stands dont... yet everyone loved BP when it had 4 seperate stands? No matter what the ground lookes like it wont be individual, there aint that much we can do that hasnt been done before.

Couldnt give a crap. Its better than what we have got. If anyone would like to explain to me why two little corners would improve thier lives so much - please do. And it isnt capacity, barely anyone has mentioned that.

I just dont get it. I really dont.

I havent read everything on this thread so it may have been explained - however I really dont understand why a bit of curved masonary makes so much difference to peoples lives? If its a capacity thing, fair enough, however for most people seem to indicate that having two corners will make them contented little souls, whilst 4 stands will make them angrier than Gene Hunt after someone has keyed the quattro....

Whats not to get.........I am trying to explain that they sold me the idea of a stadium as shown on the OS site (horse shoe) they still have............if that is not what they had in mind to build, why not show the plans for a 4 stands stadium at the out set.........it's false advertising............nowhere is there a plan of a stadium with 4 seperate stands...........post one up and maybe I will be as excited and people can decide for themselves

I know if I went to an audi garage and the salesmen shown me a Quattro and further down the line sold me an A3 - it would be parked back on their car park with an angry customer wanting what he was promised

I know if I went to an audi garage and the salesmen shown me a Quattro and further down the line sold me an A3 - it would be parked back on their car park with an angry customer wanting what he was promised.

That's not as outlandish as you might think - I know someone who did almost exactly that! Took his Audi dealer a few months to sort out too!

........because phase 1 would'nt have looked as attractive as phase 2..........making it's very hard to sell phase 1 to the doubters

I have trolled through all the posts and veiwed the OS plans...........and its as clear as day

EXPECT A STADIUM WITH 4 SEPARATE STANDS............THERE IS FOOKS CHANCE OF ANY CORNER STANDS BEING BUILT NOW OR IN THE FUTURE

It's a shame really because as an original Failsworth doubter, I suddenly found myself dearing to believe..........that was until I read through the posts in this thread

LAGS is right........it's all smoke screens and mirrors...........if you are going for planning permission for a stadium with 4 separate stands (phase 1) - why show the fans a different set of plans showing corners (phase 2)........ :shock:

I have never been so emotionally drained as I am at moment...........earlier tonight whilst veiwing the OS plans I was giddy with excitement and for the first time in ages I actually believed our fortunes could be changing.........I got a buzz FFS

A note to the TTA........oh forget it, i'll probably say something I will regret in the morning..................Is it wrong to want the best for my club?

PHASE 2 LOOKS AMAZING AND GETS MY FULL SUPPORT...............phase 1 falls considerable below that beit a new stadium or not

100% agree Chadbarmy, I feel hood-winked. Was very excited as I was told that the 2 cornered stadium was, "The worst case scenario." We have a chance to negotiate a metro-stop as GMPTE want to site a generator on our plot at failsworth, so there was room for a deal there too.

I feel cheap and dirty - off for a shower... :unsure:

I think it's time for the doubters to get behind the plan - this development (with or without corners) is a step forwards.

Is it?

You can categorically say that this cannot fail to bring in more supporters, and that our fears are unfounded?

You're certain that two seasons after opening, the stadium will still be drawing supporters from the other side of the borough despite us possibly being in league two?

And you can promise that TTA will deliver on what they have said (For once), and not disappear into the night after giving us the absolute bare minimum whilst pocketing the cash from Boundary Park?

Ok, I'm behind the plan.

If not, then I'll continue to be a cynic and fight tooth and nail for what I believe to be right for my club.

If the club felt it best to put up artists impressions of what phase 2 could look like, they knew that phase 2 is the best to build also. So lets put in planning permission for phase 2 from the off, build it and get on with finding backers to utilise the outer sides of the corners for offices/hotels/whatever.

You can categorically say that this cannot fail to bring in more supporters, and that our fears are unfounded?

I am confident that it's the right thing to do and crowds will be higher than staying at an undeveloped BP.

You're certain that two seasons after opening, the stadium will still be drawing supporters from the other side of the borough despite us possibly being in league two?

More than would be attending a game in L2 at an undeveloped BP.

And you can promise that TTA will deliver on what they have said (For once), and not disappear into the night after giving us the absolute bare minimum whilst pocketing the cash from Boundary Park?

Not my promise to make, is it?

I have accepted that BP isn't going to be redeveloped. I think that's a shame. Maybe my heart and soul isn't from Oldham, so I don't necessarily share the same cultural heritage with Boundary Park that others do, but I genuinely think Oldham Athletic will be a stronger enterprise with this move rather than staying put and doing nothing.

Edited by opinions4u

I have accepted that BP isn't going to be redeveloped. I think that's a shame. Maybe my heart and soul isn't from Oldham, so I don't necessarily share the same cultural heritage with Boundary Park that other do, but I genuinely think Oldham Athletic will be a stronger enterprise with this move rather than staying put and doing nothing.

Fair play O4U. The siting of it is my biggest fear, and yes, heritage and tradition do play a small part in my fears, but I really don't see any great amount of people from the surrounding Failsworth area changing their allegiances to watch Latics, yet i do anticipate quite a few people from Shaw, Milnrow, Moorside etc not wanting to travel to Failsworth to watch the kind of football we're seeing at present.

The capacity is not an issue for me, as I can't see us having much more than 3000 a game anyway. I don't see how a shiny stadium is going to make a difference to the attendance if it is situated where people don't want to travel to.

As for the plans, we'll see what TTA actually deliver, but my guess is that it will be far removed from the proposals we are seeing at the moment.

Whats not to get.........I am trying to explain that they sold me the idea of a stadium as shown on the OS site (horse shoe) they still have............if that is not what they had in mind to build, why not show the plans for a 4 stands stadium at the out set.........it's false advertising............nowhere is there a plan of a stadium with 4 seperate stands...........post one up and maybe I will be as excited and people can decide for themselves

I know if I went to an audi garage and the salesmen shown me a Quattro and further down the line sold me an A3 - it would be parked back on their car park with an angry customer wanting what he was promised

Erm your not buying the stadium from them.

Is it?

Ok, I'm behind the plan.

If not, then I'll continue to be a cynic and fight tooth and nail for what I believe to be right for my club.

A bit harsh. Its not for the want of honest endeavour or investment is it?

They only thing thing the TTA could be guilty of is, "Right intention wrong direction"

Edited by dazlatic

I don't get why anyone feels hoodwinked when they know exactly whats happening. It's a bloody consultation for effin sake. They are not the plans, they are the ideas. At least by showing phase 2 rather than phase 3 it shows the middle ground, though yes it would have been more accurate to show them all. Lets face it, if they had shown a picture of a 4 stands ground, it wouldn't change a thing, you would still have the same people complaining on and on. Ask questions, bloody hell yeah, but pleeeease do not think complaining is asking questions.

Fair play O4U. The siting of it is my biggest fear, and yes, heritage and tradition do play a small part in my fears, but I really don't see any great amount of people from the surrounding Failsworth area changing their allegiances to watch Latics, yet i do anticipate quite a few people from Shaw, Milnrow, Moorside etc not wanting to travel to Failsworth to watch the kind of football we're seeing at present.The capacity is not an issue for me, as I can't see us having much more than 3000 a game anyway. I don't see how a shiny stadium is going to make a difference to the attendance if it is situated where people don't want to travel to.

As for the plans, we'll see what TTA actually deliver, but my guess is that it will be far removed from the proposals we are seeing at the moment.

Give these people something to attract them - preferably successful football and Phase Two for example and their curiosity may just get the better of them and hey presto. You have to remember this is real football and not powder-puff, premadonna Premiership Stuff. It is quite a different product.

Edited by dazlatic

Give these people something to attract them - preferably successful football and Phase Two for example and their curiosity may just get the better of them and hey presto. You have to remember this is real football and not powder-puff, premadonna Premiership Stuff. It is quite a different product.

Yes they need to improve the football on display. Why is that any different whether you are watching it in Boundary Park or Failsworth, or the seat you are sitting in has 5 or 8 rows behind it, or there are 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 filled corners?

I can totally understand and appreciate most of the concerns being made - and I think it's absolutely right for fans (thinking of BP1960's posts here to a degree) to challenge the plans, to make sure it's clear what's being proposed, and not to get complacent.

But — jimsleftfoot and BigfinLatic are making a lot of sense here. These are just proposals, they're not set in stone (and they couldn't be at this stage), and while I agree that the drawings should make it clear what the first phase design will look like are curved corners really that all-consumingly important?

I don't get why anyone feels hoodwinked when they know exactly whats happening. It's a bloody consultation for effin sake. They are not the plans, they are the ideas. At least by showing phase 2 rather than phase 3 it shows the middle ground, though yes it would have been more accurate to show them all. Lets face it, if they had shown a picture of a 4 stands ground, it wouldn't change a thing, you would still have the same people complaining on and on. Ask questions, bloody hell yeah, but pleeeease do not think complaining is asking questions.

As far as I am concerned, the PR woman said point-blank that phase two is worst case scenario. I spoke and listened to Ian Hill - who is a very honest and down-to-earth fan. We left the Sponsor's Box buzzing with excitement at a 2 cornered stadium, with cinema, restautants, concourses with plasma TV's, bars for families etc. Somewhere to arrive - possible by tram at 11.00 to watch the live match on Sky with a beer and some lunch.

Maybe I was taken in by the whole thing but that was how it came across. When I read this board - I thought, "No, Lags has got it wrong" and I hoped he had. It will probably be a 4 stand stadium - the problem I have is - we didn't see that scheme at the consultation. I'mnot moaning I'm expressing my views Jim.

Maybe I heard what I wanted to hear but I saw what I saw, a 2 cornered stadium that looked like the business. No sign of a 4-stand version...

Do you see why I feel hood-winked now?

A bit harsh. Its not for the want of honest endeavour or investment is it?

They only thing thing the TTA could be guilty of is, "Right intention wrong direction"

What if this is the wrong direction also?

I've seen enough commercial blunders over the last five years to be worried.

As far as I am concerned, the PR woman said point-blank that phase two is worst case scenario. I spoke and listened to Ian Hill - who is a very honest and down-to-earth fan. We left the Sponsor's Box buzzing with excitement at a 2 cornered stadium, with cinema, restautants, concourses with plasma TV's, bars for families etc. Somewhere to arrive - possible by tram at 11.00 to watch the live match on Sky with a beer and some lunch.

Maybe I was taken in by the whole thing but that was how it came across. When I read this board - I thought, "No, Lags has got it wrong" and I hoped he had. It will probably be a 4 stand stadium - the problem I have is - we didn't see that scheme at the consultation. I'mnot moaning I'm expressing my views Jim.

Maybe I heard what I wanted to hear but I saw what I saw, a 2 cornered stadium that looked like the business. No sign of a 4-stand version...

So worst case scenario you have all of the above minus some seats in two of the corners. Does the (possible) lack of these corners mean there will be no beer and they will have 14 inch black and white TVs instead of Plasmas?

Other than aesthetics though, how will the corners make a difference? It will still have unique features (mill references) and can still have income generating facilites.

You've really, really been hood-winked. Everything in your little tale works, bar 1 bit : "We left the Sponsor's Box buzzing with excitement at a 2 cornered stadium, with cinema, restautants, concourses with plasma TV's, bars for families etc. Somewhere to arrive - possible by tram at 11.00 to watch the live match on Sky with a beer and some lunch."

But hey, some people need to find something to complain about. If it had all 4 corners, it'd have been the "didn't want a bowl".

An option might be to have 1 corner or maybe 2 but make the separate end stand smaller?

If the sides were 3.5k each and the ends 2.5k, add 1 corner for an extra 1k and make the end stand 1.5k but a bit of a temporary stand too for away fans (who cares what they get) to pay for the corner. That way if things take off we could replace the end stand with something bigger if needed?

In that case Phase 2 should have been Phase 1

Yes they need to improve the football on display. Why is that any different whether you are watching it in Boundary Park or Failsworth, or the seat you are sitting in has 5 or 8 rows behind it, or there are 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 filled corners?

What I'm getting at LL is... I will be going to Failsworth come what may, it will mean me re-arranging my Saturday/ Tuesdays but that is fine by me as I'm a Latics Fan - but to attract Failsworth people and waiverers that are already waivering when they go to BP from Shaw, Rochdale, Moorside etc need to be persuaded to travel the extra distance and re-arrange their days.

The so called "phase two" version would, in my opinion, provide the incentive.

Some people aren't prepared to make the effort unfortunately. Its sad but its a fact of life Lees.

Edited by dazlatic

What I'm getting at LL is... I will be going to Failsworth come what may, it will mean me re-arranging my Saturday/ Tuesdays but that is fine by me as I'm a Latics Fan - but to attract Failsworth people and waiverers that are already waivering when they go to BP from Shaw, Rochdale, Moorside etc need to be persuaded to travel the extra distance and re-arrange their days.

The so called "phase two" version would, in my opinion, provide the incentive.

Some people aren't prepared to make the effort unfortunately. Its sad but its a fact of life Lees.

Glad you will be there anyway! I honestly think that all of the other things you mention will dwarf the possible absence of filled in corners in the whole package of it as a day out. As you say, somewhere at the ground to have a pint before and after the game will make it much more sociable to see your mates who travel in from different directions/sit in different stands, somewhere to get kids something to eat and things to keep them occupied, toilets that are somewhat above, "disgusting," and so on. And let's not forget, there's no saying that there won't be several businesses interested in doing something that provides the corners anyway, the Club IMO are being up front and have told us both scenarios.

Fair play O4U. The siting of it is my biggest fear, and yes, heritage and tradition do play a small part in my fears, but I really don't see any great amount of people from the surrounding Failsworth area changing their allegiances to watch Latics, yet i do anticipate quite a few people from Shaw, Milnrow, Moorside etc not wanting to travel to Failsworth to watch the kind of football we're seeing at present.

The capacity is not an issue for me, as I can't see us having much more than 3000 a game anyway. I don't see how a shiny stadium is going to make a difference to the attendance if it is situated where people don't want to travel to.

how many people from shaw royton moorside milnrow etc work in manchester for a living???? if these people travel that bit further to go to work then it isnt out of the realms of possibilities that they will go to the new ground is it.

everything is speculation until the final plans have been submitted

people banging on about the locals wont change there allegance to jump on board the new bandwaggon...that probably isnt what we are aiming for anyway is it..more than likely the club would be looking to attract the new fans who dont currently have a team to follow,offer some incentives to catch the imagination and who knows what might happen.

think the owners are damned if they do and damned if they dont

Glad you will be there anyway! I honestly think that all of the other things you mention will dwarf the possible absence of filled in corners in the whole package of it as a day out. As you say, somewhere at the ground to have a pint before and after the game will make it much more sociable to see your mates who travel in from different directions/sit in different stands, somewhere to get kids something to eat and things to keep them occupied, toilets that are somewhat above, "disgusting," and so on. And let's not forget, there's no saying that there won't be several businesses interested in doing something that provides the corners anyway, the Club IMO are being up front and have told us both scenarios.

There is a fair way to go yet anyway and as you say, investment may well come from local businesses. I would imagine moreso with its proximaty to Mcr. It certainly not all doom and gloom, I don't mean 2 corners or stay at BP, I say we have to move but 2 corners would be fantastic and 4 is the icing on the cake. We have to be realistic, I realise that. Having seen the plan its a no-brainer.

Nice to have a chat Leeslover!

Edited by dazlatic