Say NO to Failsworth?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went today

Did you manage to get to Birkenhead .... people need to know if the game will be one Sat?

On a point of accuracy Oldham has one professional football club, Manchester has one and Trafford has one.

Moving to Failsworth would keep it that way.

Now .. now Diego, stop all these FACTS

On a point of accuracy Oldham has one professional football club, Manchester has one and Trafford has one.

Moving to Failsworth would keep it that way.

Nonsense. I dares you to do a straw poll on a Saturday night and ask the locals in Newton Heath, Gorton and the Manchester side of Failsworth if they consider themselves Oldhamers.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

No, bit to far, might try and get hold of a mate that lives down there, probably just give me a weather update though, wont drive to the ground as he is lazy.

To sSave you and your mate quite a lot of trips. hav you considred the benefits of webcams. With allt he petrol money saved, you can get a season ticket for Failsworth.

There is a cotingency plan for saturday. Just the pitche markings to be painted on, and under cover .....

If the weather is bad..

Nonsense. I dares you to do a straw pole on a Saturday night and ask the locals in Newton Heath, Gorton and the Manchester side of Failsworth if they consider themselves Oldhamers.

Similarly though you could go out on a Saturday night around Oldham centre (not that I would advise it!) and ask people if they consider themselves to be part of Manchester. Am sure a fair proportion, without other prompting, would say yes. Indeed many will claim to be fans of either Manchester club.

Similarly though you could go out on a Saturday night around Oldham centre (not that I would advise it!) and ask people if they consider themselves to be part of Manchester. Am sure a fair proportion, without other prompting, would say yes. Indeed many will claim to be fans of either Manchester club.

Exactly. Oldham is pretty much connected to Manchester whether people like it or not.

Nonsense. I dares you to do a straw pole on a Saturday night and ask the locals in Newton Heath, Gorton and the Manchester side of Failsworth if they consider themselves Oldhamers.

Whether people do or not, Diego is still making a point which is factually correct despite the rhetoric claiming Failsworth to be part of Manchester, and the world to be flat....

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Whether people do or not, Diego is still making a point which is factually correct despite the rhetoric claiming Failsworth to be part of Manchester, and the world to be flat....

+1!!!!

"But..but...its got a manchester postcode, so it hasto be part of manchester...."

Regardless of whether people consider themselves to be mancunians or oldhamers, Failsworth is within the boundaries of Oldham, and comes under Oldham Council, end of story. The sooner this postcode argument is knocked on the head the better.

Do Bury complain that they have a Bolton Postcode?

Do Rochdale, Bacup, Rawenstall, and half of Tameside complain because they have an Oldham postcode,

Southport, the small town/pensioners paradise on the coast of merseyside where poor scouse kids go for their holidays, has a PR postcode, does that make it a Preston club?

Answers are no, no and no.

+1!!!!

"But..but...its got a manchester postcode, so it hasto be part of manchester...."

Regardless of whether people consider themselves to be mancunians or oldhamers, Failsworth is within the boundaries of Oldham, and comes under Oldham Council, end of story. The sooner this postcode argument is knocked on the head the better.

Do Bury complain that they have a Bolton Postcode?

Do Rochdale, Bacup, Rawenstall, and half of Tameside complain because they have an Oldham postcode,

Southport, the small town/pensioners paradise on the coast of merseyside where poor scouse kids go for their holidays, has a PR postcode, does that make it a Preston club?

Answers are no, no and no.

:applause1:

i wouldn't give a crap if i had a m/cr postcode in downtown royton...as long as my post kept arriving(keep the bills though!)

silly argument.

fact is its less than half a mile from mancville...that way too close for me.

nearer to manchester city centre than oldham town centre too.

No you may not Johnny, but there are other fans who still try to play the postcode card and the "its not part of oldham" card.

The "being too close to manc" argument and the "being part of manc" argument are different arguments