Say NO to Failsworth?

Nonsense. I dares you to do a straw poll on a Saturday night and ask the locals in Newton Heath, Gorton and the Manchester side of Failsworth if they consider themselves Oldhamers.

I was correcting the inaccurate statement that Manchester has two clubs. Old Trafford is not in Manchester just as the Lancaster Club site is not in Manchester. The people you mention live in Manchester. They are Mancunians so why would I expect them to lie and say they are Oldhamers?

If they want to use the proposed pub/restaurant, 5-a-side pitches and leisure facilities, their money is as good as anyone's. If they want to use the proposed Sports Bar on non-match days, the same may apply, although some Latics fans may like to think its theirs in due course.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree, but its got to be recognised by TTA that starting a new season in a spanking new stadium in the 4th division isn't going to get those seats filled.

the remedy for that forthcoming event starts with every game we have this season,and beyond.

..and thats how i'm sure most of the drift aways see things ATM.

but start in league 2, win it, the do a hull :grin:

I was correcting the inaccurate statement that Manchester has two clubs. Old Trafford is not in Manchester just as the Lancaster Club site is not in Manchester. The people you mention live in Manchester. They are Mancunians so why would I expect them to lie and say they are Oldhamers?

If they want to use the proposed pub/restaurant, 5-a-side pitches and leisure facilities, their money is as good as anyone's. If they want to use the proposed Sports Bar on non-match days, the same may apply, although some Latics fans may like to think its theirs in due course.

Which town didn't get a Football League team until 1974? Yet league football had been played at the same ground for years?

I feel absolutely zero affinity to 'Oldham' as a town, and i have lived on the oldham/manchester border all my life.

My affinity is attached to the football club, not the town

Ditto, this is why I tend to place little comment on location (Rochdale lad me) .... I really don't care and anything is better than BP in its current state!! I'll commented on postcodes though ..... OL15!!! You trying spending all your live with a biffo postcode :ranting:

Even if it is (which it isn't) mate, it really wouldn't bother me. If it's in the Metropoliton Borough of Oldham it's enough as far as I can see, so what if it's on the border of Manchester. The people banging the drum about how Mancunian Failsworth is just have no forward thinking about how the place will be in two or three generations time when by then Failsworth will not have even been a part of Manchester for over 70 years.

I'm all for pride about Oldham and that, but all the crap about stopping supporting the club if they play in Failsworth, to be honest the club are better without fans of that ilk.

here here clap clap clap for every dissapeere we will gain 2 new failsworth tics....so sod off you doomers :grin:

Even if it is (which it isn't) mate, it really wouldn't bother me. If it's in the Metropoliton Borough of Oldham it's enough as far as I can see, so what if it's on the border of Manchester. The people banging the drum about how Mancunian Failsworth is just have no forward thinking about how the place will be in two or three generations time when by then Failsworth will not have even been a part of Manchester for over 70 years.

I'm all for pride about Oldham and that, but all the crap about stopping supporting the club if they play in Failsworth, to be honest the club are better without fans of that ilk.

Yeah, how did they have nerve to rename Pine Villa to OLDHAM Athletic when it was so close to the border with Royton and CHadderton which were different local councils then?

i wouldn't give a crap if i had a m/cr postcode in downtown royton...as long as my post kept arriving(keep the bills though!)

silly argument.

fact is its less than half a mile from mancville...that way too close for me.

nearer to manchester city centre than oldham town centre too.

Fact is cocker,

junction of Broadway/Oldham road to Manchester city centre - 7 km.

junction of Broadway/Oldham road to Oldham town centre - 6 km.

Which town didn't get a Football League team until 1974? Yet league football had been played at the same ground for years?

Grimsby? Because Blundell Park was actually in Cleethorpes Borough until local government reorganisation in 1974.

i'd say its a mixture of things..

impending move out of traditional supporters area

crap football

lousy performances

run down stadium

not value for money

being stuck in this division

sure there are others.

Yeah, I agree with all of those and can understand people throwing in the towel because of that. But just of where the ground is situated?? Crap that, it's still technically Oldham Met Borough and people with a complex about where they think Failsworth is, are to be honest, living right in the past.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Yeah, I agree with all of those and can understand people throwing in the towel because of that. But just of where the ground is situated?? Crap that, it's still technically Oldham Met Borough and people with a complex about where they think Failsworth is, are to be honest, living right in the past.

I bet if we lived in a town which didn’t border anything significant, people wouldn’t have a problem traveling so many miles out to get to the ground.

Jamie, everyone can argue until they are blue in the face about whether Failsworth is in Oldham or Manchester, but it doesn't really matter.

There is a saying that "perception is reality", which means that it doesn't matter if someone has the facts that a particular conurbation is within one town's boundaries or another - if people consider Failsworth to be in Manchester then it might as well be.

I think that the move so far away from our spiritual home, along with the aforementioned reasons why people are drifting away is maybe the final straw for me. Also having read on the OS that the consultation with fans is continuing with a further stage still to go, but that TTA have invested "several million pounds" on the British Aerospace site doesn't exactly make me feel like I am in any way a "stake holder" in this process.

Anyhow, if I win £85,000,000 on tonight's Euro Lottery, all this may be put behind me. Afterall, it's difficult following the Latics results from a luxury yacht in the Caribbean :lol:

Fact is cocker,

junction of Broadway/Oldham road to Manchester city centre - 7 km.

junction of Broadway/Oldham road to Oldham town centre - 6 km.

mmm try this then..

junction to oldham town centre -3.24 miles

junction to piccadilly gardens -3.16 miles

here ..have a go yourself...

http://walking.about.com/library/walk/blgooglemap1.htm

fact.

You never know, the club may well run a park and ride/bus service from BP or something along those lines. Who knows.

I dont really think that that is going to cut it for me though. Doesnt really float my boat.

I'd have been happy with Ferney Fields or even better, the redevelopment of BP that we were promised, but Failsworth just leaves me cold.

You never know, the club may well run a park and ride/bus service from BP or something along those lines. Who knows.

Yes, who knows? Not the club, that's for sure.

According to AH, the club haven't looked into incentives at this level yet.

Pity really. It might have been a good bargaining point :blink:

Yes, who knows? Not the club, that's for sure.

According to AH, the club haven't looked into incentives at this level yet.

Pity really. It might have been a good bargaining point :blink:

Will I be able to get a chauffeur driven limo from Glossop as the distance between Glossop and Failsworth is atleast twice as far as it is from Royton to failsworth.

I'm sorry i'm with ackey on this and people need to get over this small town insular attitude. Close to Man city people say well so is boundary park and it affects our attendences now even if we rebuilt boundary park the proximity of Manchester City and United would still have a huge factor on attendences.

Will I be able to get a chauffeur driven limo from Glossop as the distance between Glossop and Failsworth is atleast twice as far as it is from Royton to failsworth.

I'm sorry i'm with ackey on this and people need to get over this small town insular attitude. Close to Man city people say well so is boundary park and it affects our attendences now even if we rebuilt boundary park the proximity of Manchester City and United would still have a huge factor on attendences.

You can be with whoever you want pal.

It aint gonna make me go to Failsworth.

You can be with whoever you want pal.

It aint gonna make me go to Failsworth.

Tis your choice mate your entitled to your opinion. Supposing that things started to improve on the pitch significantly and we were have a proper go at promotion and achieve it and get out of this division at the right end and get to the championship would this change your mind? I think this is the real factor behind our fall in attendences rather than the move to a new £20million stadium.

I dont really think that that is going to cut it for me though. Doesnt really float my boat.

I'd have been happy with Ferney Fields or even better, the redevelopment of BP that we were promised, but Failsworth just leaves me cold.

You'll be there rick when the doors open as will everybodyelse,You don't follow a club through thick and thin to throw the towel in all because you have to move from a :censored:hole to a state of the art stadium...Get over it and enjoy the euphoria that is gripping us all....ziperde doo da zipiaya

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

ps how nice will it sound when we play rochdale in the near future...:censored: GROUND NO FANS hahahah and every word will be true

Why pay for a taxi when by the time the ground is open it is likely milnrow will have its own metrolink stop that will drop you off no more than 5 mins from the ground, and probably get you there alot quicker than by road?

TRAMS??? blinking trams are you telling me that that :censored:hole called oldham are investing millions of pounds on trams..poppycock someone will tell me that they are redeveloping the bottom of the town next... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Why pay for a taxi when by the time the ground is open it is likely milnrow will have its own metrolink stop that will drop you off no more than 5 mins from the ground, and probably get you there alot quicker than by road?

Only just seen this. There's no question but that Carl now owns you, Rick :wink: