A shrewd move from Penny

or maybe Dux suggested it?

or maybe Chris Hutchings had a quiet word with DP or maybe Gordon said something or perhaps Mark Crossley's lad with the walkie talkie looked at DP funnily when the Colbeck / Smalley sub was made....OMG that was 20 minutes too late..!!..??

I really am struggling to see this WOEFUL SMALLEY on saturday. he was shocking at times against tranmere but improved and was better again on sat. yes he pulled out of a few challenges and his final ball wasnt gr8. but wins everything in the air. and is one of our home growns. i had to move from the right side of the main paddock cos of the abuse of taylor eardley and smalley 2 years ago. i simply dont get it. we bring these players through the ranks and they establish themselves only to be shot at by their own fans. its ludicrous and disgusting. taylor has been injured most of the season and for people to call him at the tranny home game for not trying when he wasnt match fit and was struggling markedly with confidence issues is appaling. It makes me sick at times to watch football at BP. well done on saturday chrissy, they'll be singing ure name again soon the ficcle ****s

I really am struggling to see this WOEFUL SMALLEY on saturday. he was shocking at times against tranmere but improved and was better again on sat. yes he pulled out of a few challenges and his final ball wasnt gr8. but wins everything in the air. and is one of our home growns. i had to move from the right side of the main paddock cos of the abuse of taylor eardley and smalley 2 years ago. i simply dont get it. we bring these players through the ranks and they establish themselves only to be shot at by their own fans. its ludicrous and disgusting. taylor has been injured most of the season and for people to call him at the tranny home game for not trying when he wasnt match fit and was struggling markedly with confidence issues is appaling. It makes me sick at times to watch football at BP. well done on saturday chrissy, they'll be singing ure name again soon the ficcle ****s

[/quote

I think an opinion is that it is pretty unforgiveable for a strong young lad to pull out of challenges, and it seems to be a feature of his game increasingly. His final ball is often poor and he seems to ignore the chance to go past players on the outside. He's now been in the squad for at least two years and seems to have gone backwards.

The lack of challenges is purely down to him - it's his attitude and desire that's questioned.

I think an opinion is that it is pretty unforgiveable for a strong young lad to pull out of challenges, and it seems to be a feature of his game increasingly. His final ball is often poor and he seems to ignore the chance to go past players on the outside. He's now been in the squad for at least two years and seems to have gone backwards.

The lack of challenges is purely down to him - it's his attitude and desire that's questioned.

Spot bloody on.

Which is a pity for him, as he seems to have the ability.

Time in the reserves/out on loan, try to gain some of his confidence back and hopefully we'll benefit next season (though not holding my breath on this one!)

Strange it gives a summary on the OS of who came on and off during the game, but no scores.

I can honestly say I couldn't give a hoot. It was a game to give players 30 mins here, 45 there, 90 for just a few. It's like being bothered about a game on the training pitch.

Strange it gives a summary on the OS of who came on and off during the game, but no scores.

As I said on here earlier in the year, prior to my departure from BP, DP doesn't like to give out scores from behind-closed-doors games, as he says the result is of little to no importance during such encounters.

I can honestly say I couldn't give a hoot. It was a game to give players 30 mins here, 45 there, 90 for just a few. It's like being bothered about a game on the training pitch.

Yeah, but if we won it would be a great result worth crowing about!

I have a t-shirt that says:

Winning isn't everything

Beating Man Utd is!