O'grady scores again

No disrespect but we could have rooney up front with this team and we still would be losing games and drawing blanks. Keeping O'grady wouldnt have sorted this pile of bobbins out...Rochdale are playing good football and creating a lot of chances...in the contrary they could have Nicky Banger upfront and he probably would have double figures

Of course, he "wasn't good enough for league 1", which is exactly where he will be next season.

It's infuriating that we can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Mind you...he wouldn't have scored that many with the negative tactics and lack of quality on the wings that Latics employ.

No disrespect but we could have rooney up front with this team and we still would be losing games and drawing blanks. Keeping O'grady wouldnt have sorted this pile of bobbins out...Rochdale are playing good football and creating a lot of chances...in the contrary they could have Nicky Banger upfront and he probably would have double figures

From what ive seen this season Parker would struggle to finish his dinner. Price has had quite a few decent chances in last few games but the ball hasnt gone in the net. Abbott is good but isn't fully fit IMO.

A fully fit, in form O'grady might just have freshened the team up and made that bit of difference.

From what ive seen this season Parker would struggle to finish his dinner. Price has had quite a few decent chances in last few games but the ball hasnt gone in the net. Abbott is good but isn't fully fit IMO.

A fully fit, in form O'grady might just have freshened the team up and made that bit of difference.

yes but your just presuming penny would play him as a striker....he would prob have him at left back

I was actually at the Macc V Rochdale game today, long story, and to be honest he did ok but never looked like he was going to score. His goal today was a scramble which looked like it went in off a ricochet or squirted out of a challenge. That said, it was his only chance. He was an excellent outlet, holding the ball up well and bringing others into play, but most of his work was done in the channels down to the corners of the pitch. That same type of work that drew plenty of criticism in his time at BP, and no doubt would again. So...... although he's scoring a lot and whilst our fans think they miss him, I doubt that he would either make that much of a difference or be given a chance by the crowd to make a difference. It's an easy shout for people to slate the club and say now look what's happening, but I think reality would be quite different.

For me, the stand out players for Rochdale were Craig Dawson, looks strong, quick, composed on the ball and is a goal threat at set pieces, and the left back Tom Kennedy who tackled well and never wasted the ball.

Edited by marhar

I was actually at the Macc V Rochdale game today, long story, and to be honest he did ok but never looked like he was going to score. His goal today was a scramble which looked like it went in off a ricochet or squirted out of a challenge. That said, it was his only chance. He was an excellent outlet, holding the ball up well and bringing others into play, but most of his work was done in the channels down to the corners of the pitch. That same type of work that drew plenty of criticism in his time at BP, and no doubt would again. So...... although he's scoring a lot and whilst our fans think they miss him, I doubt that he would either make that much of a difference or be given a chance by the crowd to make a difference. It's an easy shout for people to slate the club and say now look what's happening, but I think reality would be quite different.

For me, the stand out players for Rochdale were Craig Dawson, looks strong, quick, composed on the ball and is a goal threat at set pieces, and the left back Tom Kennedy who tackled well and never wasted the ball.

Spot on!!

Did Tipton get a run out?

Dont know what the issue with O'Grady is. Most didnt even give him a look in and werent fussed when he went to 'dale. Only wanted him back because he started scoring for fun (and still is). Equally so, most were happy to see us get a sizeable fee for him.

Tippy got a run out. Came on as a sub for the last half hour.

Marhar is right. Kennedy and Dawson are class. Unfortunately Latics could afford neither.

Dont know what the issue with O'Grady is. Most didnt even give him a look in and werent fussed when he went to 'dale. Only wanted him back because he started scoring for fun (and still is). Equally so, most were happy to see us get a sizeable fee for him.

Tippy got a run out. Came on as a sub for the last half hour.

Marhar is right. Kennedy and Dawson are class. Unfortunately Latics could afford neither.

Didn't Kennedy turn us down for 'Dale at the beginning of the season? And then we denied ever having been interested, to save face.

Didn't Kennedy turn us down for 'Dale at the beginning of the season? And then we denied ever having been interested, to save face.

No that was Jason Kennedy who plays in the midfield. He played alongside Jason Taylor who i'd lost track of since he left Latics.

Agree with Rocky, when Tom Kennedy and Dawson leave it's going to cost a bit and they will be heading for Championship at least, I used to watch Alan Stubbs play for Bolton as a teenager when they were in the basement division, before he broke his leg, and I think Dawson is easily as good as he was.

Wow so O'Grady scored again for Rochdale and the poster who brings this up won't have seen the goal. Surprise Surprise :sleeping: I'd be very surprised if he scores more than 5 in this league next season if Dale go up.

Then be prepare to be very surprised, again, when he knocks in his 6th before Christmas (as a bonus on top of his allround contribution :wink:)

A few on here could see, and insisted, that O'Grady was a player. A few more shortsighted 'tics got it totally wrong. The majority made the latter view something of a bandwagon.

Then be prepare to be very surprised, again, when he knocks in his 6th before Christmas (as a bonus on top of his allround contribution :wink:)

A few on here could see, and insisted, that O'Grady was a player. A few more shortsighted 'tics got it totally wrong. The majority made the latter view something of a bandwagon.

Come on guy's. A succession of managers didn't fancy O' Grady along with the vast majority of Tic's. O'Grady is having a great season and indeed the best he's ever had, so much so he wanted to drop down a league for it to continue. Yes you could argue dropping down for one season only, but in early january that wasn't nailed on. He couldn't hit a barn door whilst here on the pitch and that includes the stiff's. I would suggest that was the same in training given ever manager here came to the same conclusion. O'Grady's gone and he won't be the first nor last to do things at other clubs but I would advise all those giving large about I said this and I said that and now look at him, that people have long memories when it comes to being told, so let's see what O'Grady does over the next 2 season's.

Come on guy's. A succession of managers didn't fancy O' Grady along with the vast majority of Tic's.

Point taken, but you could argue that a succession of managers did fancy him. Shez paid a fee for him then started him in the first game of the season before Hughes and Allesandra came on and rightly made the places their own. A fair few managers then saw enough in him to take him on loan, admittedly with him getting poor to average reports, though I wouldn't be surprised if that was partly due to the same shortsightedness that most Latics fans have displayed. Many Latics fans seem to think Keith Hill is the business and yet he saw enough in O'Grady to take him on loan after a few disappointing loan spells. Ironic?

O'Grady was always going to come good - I knew as much after the pre-season match against Derby (I think) when he first joined.

O'Grady was always going to come good - I knew as much after the pre-season match against Derby (I think) when he first joined.

Yawn. Yes, you can always tell what a players going to do after a just one appearance in a half-paced pre-season friendly. Course.

Listening to GMR on Saturday after the game, Keith Hill actually said that people had him down as "good player, can't score" and Hill brought him in as a target man. A foil for Dagnall who was knocking them in at a good rate anyway. Because of the way Dale play, they create lots of chances which O'Grady gets on the end of a lot of them. He's found his niche after several attempts; mostly with other teams in that division.

Wow, striker in goalscoring form after being utilised in correct manner shocker.

COG could have been doing what he is doing now for 'Dale for us last season; had he been played. Swap his current partner Dagnall for Hughesy and have Taylor and Smalley on the wings as per last season and we'd have reaped this form. We didn't - and again this season, and the lad has moved on. Really bad decision but its gone now. COG scores as a thread title might as well be pinned as it'll continue to happen till the end of the season.

He cannot possibly be credited with that goal.

Own goal if ever I saw one.

I believe the powers that be credit goal-bound efforts on goal to the attacker; it's only when shots were initially going wide and are then massively deflected that an OG is credited? COG's effort was goal-bound before the defenders touch so I'd imagine it will go to him - 18 for the season now.

Edited by slystallone

Interesting piece on the local sports news featuring Hill talking about COG. Firstly the presenter made reference that this season is COG's best whilst at his 9th club!!. Then Hill commented that COG was a successful property businessman with many outside interests and was a rich guy from this. He added COG is probably only playing football for enjoyment only. Who else knew that?