The Boxing Thread.

Froch vs Groves II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? YOU DECIDE.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This fight does not justify PPV one bit. Two boxers who, in the build-up, were arguing about who had been flattened by the better opponent just a couple of fights ago...To think that Froch-Groves II had over 900,000 viewers, and Hatton-Mayweather had 1.3m for a 5am fight, this will be a pitiful figure in comparison.

Decent domestic bout between decent fighters, but never PPV in a million years.

I'd imagine he will have Quigg on there and few lads from Joe Gallagher's gym aswell

Hearn has said Quigg won't be on that card. He's fighting this Saturday and then will be headlining a show in April. Possibly against Galahad.

It's a good shot for Crolla, but I think Abril will beat him quite handily to be honest.

This fight does not justify PPV one bit. Two boxers who, in the build-up, were arguing about who had been flattened by the better opponent just a couple of fights ago...To think that Froch-Groves II had over 900,000 viewers, and Hatton-Mayweather had 1.3m for a 5am fight, this will be a pitiful figure in comparison.

Decent domestic bout between decent fighters, but never PPV in a million years.

Yep, it's ridiculous, especially given that the regular Sky Sports cards have been for the most part; underwhelming this year. Edited by PlayItLivo

What an underwhelming night of boxing.

As for Bellew-Cleverly, utter :censored:. Embarrassing for and from them both - even Hearn looked embarrassed afterwards. It was clear from the post-fight interview that both boxers knew prior to the night that it was an uneven fight, on the verge of no contest at cruiserweight. They hardly even tried to pretend they didn't know it wasn't going to be competitive.

Scandalous that they allowed that fight to go on PPV in the first place just in terms of quality, but even more so knowing how uneven it would be. I'd feel robbed had I payed to watch it.

Feeling dirty this morning.

Sick of streams and finally subscribed to boxnation.

looking forward to show tonight - stacked card, as the yank gimps might say.

I don't mind boxnation, they get some top american action most weekends! Steve Bunce is a bit of a clown though!

Eubank has a lot to learn. Strong, very fit and dangerous looking fighter but needs more than thundering body shots and uppercuts against top quality boxers. Still looked raw tonight and a better fighter than Saunders could have really made him pay for being so wild. Impressed with Saunders. Tidy, fast, good movement and chin....but have a gut feeling that's he's as good as he'll ever be already. Whereas Eubank? Who knows? Get him in with Adam Booth....and :censored: his dad off. Shouldn't have taken that fight tonight really. Not ready.

Do we know if Joshua can take a dig yet?

Joshua sparred with Fury a while back (think he might have dropped fury too) but putting him in with him now in a 12 rounder is too soon. He doesn't stop Fury in the first 5 rounds IMO and nobody knows what he's like at the distance yet.

I see Joe Gallagher says he should be matched with David Price.

I've seen AJ live 4 times now, for me he beats price, haye, chisora and fury now, he is just to big and powerful! He's out again in January in another easy fight, time to step up to price after that I think!

Feb 21st, paul smith v Abraham again, can only see a similar result to be honest, I'm still thinking of heading over though, always fancied Germany!

I'd like to go to a German show as well. The production of their shows pisses all over anything we get over here. They really go all out with the special effects and ring entrances.

Can't believe Smith has got a rematch though. The first fight wasn't close, although Smith put up a commendable effort. Sky's commentary was beyond shocking for the first fight. They had already decided Paul Smith was going to get "robbed" before a punch was thrown. It was an agenda-riddled disgrace. One of the scorecards was very harsh on Smith, but the result wasn't debatable. Smith won 4 rounds at best and he won't fare any better this time round.

I'd like to go to a German show as well. The production of their shows pisses all over anything we get over here. They really go all out with the special effects and ring entrances.

Can't believe Smith has got a rematch though. The first fight wasn't close, although Smith put up a commendable effort. Sky's commentary was beyond shocking for the first fight. They had already decided Paul Smith was going to get "robbed" before a punch was thrown. It was an agenda-riddled disgrace. One of the scorecards was very harsh on Smith, but the result wasn't debatable. Smith won 4 rounds at best and he won't fare any better this time round.

I went to Klitschko - Haye in Hamburg and sat in with the Germans. They were really subdued but absolutely love Wlad the English fans were making loads of noise at the other end of the stadium the German lot were more like fans at a pop concert where they were just waiting for the main act to come on, there were families sat around us passing haribos along the line, When Klitchko came out everyone livened up a bit but to continue with my pop concert theme they already knew all the songs and just make a massive noise at the end of every round.

The undercard had some great fights including a huge knockout and no one batted an eye lid. The main event was far from exciting but everyone seemed to love it. I think they just like winners over there.