The Boxing Thread.

Froch vs Groves II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? YOU DECIDE.

Dan Rafael says on Twitter that Stevenson has moved from HBO to Showtime for more money....which makes it unlikely he'll fight Kovalev any time soon. That's what's :censored: about boxing.

There all joining Showtime. When khan fights on mayweather undercard it's on box nation so If you want to watch the fight its a 10 quid subscription.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There all joining Showtime. When khan fights on mayweather undercard it's on box nation so If you want to watch the fight its a 10 quid subscription.

Boxnation is easily worth it though. I reckon they'll be showing the Pacquaio v Bradley II fight too.

As for Stevenson, I knew he'd jump ship as soon as he signed with Al Haymon. HBO were willing to match Showtime's offer but wanted a guarantee from Stevenson that he would fight Kovalev next. But Stevenson wouldn't agree. He obviously wants to fight 49 year old Bernard Hopkins instead.

It's a shame, 'cause I was excited to see Stevenson v Krusher Kovalev.

Stevenson - Kovalev looked the one to watch. Kovalev seems like the kind of bonehead who would fight anyone. Stevenson seems a bit more savvy wanting to make money rather than risking getting sparked.

Just watched the Barry Awad fight back. Real talent with that true Ingle Gym style. Looks like he wants Quigg or Frampton. I think Quigg would have too much for him if he comes forward. Be an interesting fight though.

Just bought tickets for the quigg card first time seeing anthony joshua live as well as probably the best domestic fight apart from groves froch murray crolla. Stevenson and kolarev definitely the fight at light heavy.

Speaking of DeGale, he walked out of his promotional contract with Mick Hennessy at weekend.

Rumours flying around that Eddie Hearn and Sky's press conference tomorrow is to announce DeGale has signed with them and that his next fight will be on Sky.

Hearn has already stated that he'd love to make DeGale v Froch/Groves, so it seems like that's how it will come to pass!

Good news.

Dunno, he's already started acting up as a bit of a bellend. Scrap that post I made on the previous page.

Pacquaio v Bradley II tonight. Should be a cracker, hoping Pacquaio wins dominantly but I can't shake the feeling that Bradley is going out hustle and out box him on the inside for twelve rounds.

Dunno, he's already started acting up as a bit of a bellend. Scrap that post I made on the previous page.

Pacquaio v Bradley II tonight. Should be a cracker, hoping Pacquaio wins dominantly but I can't shake the feeling that Bradley is going out hustle and out box him on the inside for twelve rounds.

Not seen the P v B fight yet. From what I have read it went the same as the first but Manny stepped it up at the end to close it out.

De Gale on ringside was amusing. Seems really nice and excited one minute then an absolute knob the next. I think he is too thick to play any games so should just try to be himself.

• 2 weeks later...

Paulie Malignaggi said on Ringside that he didn't expect Porter to hurt him and he was shocked how much he hurt with every punch.

Did Malignaggi underestimate him of has Porter been using something he shouldn't have and all of a sudden is a bigger puncher?

I like Paulie but according to him he's the only clean fighter in the sport.

Porter is a big welter which is partly why he carries the power he does. He started his career fighting just below the Super Middleweight limit, where most other welters have moved up from lower weights. He overwhelmed Paulie with aggression, power and fast hands. Paulie was like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

He's a top lad is Porter, I had few conversations with him on BoxingScene just after he turned pro. He dropped off the radar for a couple of years but he's made a real statement with his last two wins. Chuffed for him 'cause he's a standup, well spoken guy and he's a fan of the sport as well.

Edited by PlayItLivo

The Porter - Pauly fight. Was just raw aggression. Porter was crude but effective. I think Brook would have a good chance of beating him if he boxes. Wouldn't fancy a brawl with Porter though. That short left hook was chilling.

Went to my first ever Boxing press conference yesterday at Leeds Town Hall. Eddie Hearn, Josh Warrington, Swifty Smith, The Yafai brothers, The McDonnell brothers all in attendance.

• 4 weeks later...

Froch seems very relaxed and focused this time.

He mullered Groves in the Gloves are Off programme on Sky, for what that's worth.

I think he was genuinely taken aback at Groves verbals and lack of respect first time round.

Despite what he says Groves knows he can only win by an early knockout, the little maggot.

As soon as the first punch is thrown, both fighters will completely block out all the pre fight stuff...but I do think it must have an effect, positively and/or negatively, on their state of mind during the camp.

Froch looked relieved after the first fight, rattled at Wembley when the fight was announced with the push etc, and really moody on the ringside special earlier this month...but I think he came out of the programme the other night a bit better, if only because Groves was being a bigger cock than he was being.

Can't wait for the fight. Can't call it at all, and not too bothered who wins. Just hope its a really good fight with no controversy and that the best man wins.

http://www.titanbet.com/raf-84662158

£40 in free bets for new Titan Bet customers

They're also offering enhanced odds of 3/1 on Froch or 4/1 on Groves upto a maximum of £10

The T's & C's say the £40 sign up bonuses can't be used in conjunction with other offers but I asked the question on live chat and they said it could - we'll see, I took a screen print of the convo.

I get a £25 free bet for anyone who signs up and will donate a pound to Playershare for every one I get out

Mods - hope this is ok. If so, can I stick it on the main board? :grin:

Laying Froch at 1.8 on Betfair locks in a £21.71 profit by my reckoning.

Or a lay stake of £10.53 makes the back bet a free bet.

(these figures may not be quite accurate as it's Friday and my head is mashed :grin:)

Edited by HarryBosch

It's not often I get interested in boxing but this one has hooked me to a small extent. I didn't watch the first match until a few weeks later and came to the opinion that Groves was on top and should have been allowed to carry on but I couldn't tell you who would have won. Fast forward to this one, I wanted Groves to win as there was unfinished business but as time has gone on I think that they are both arrogant, obnoxious gits in different ways and I don't know who I dislike the least. As to who will win, I'm still leaning towards Groves as I think he'll tire Froch out.....but with my boxing knowledge, it could be a resounding victory for Froch

Edited by mikejh45