The Boxing Thread.

Froch vs Groves II  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? YOU DECIDE.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as groves was getting on top to a degree as well, groves unlike last time saved loads for the final few rounds, and then out of nowhere bang, game over! One of the best single punch knockouts ive ever seen!

Just as groves was getting on top to a degree as well, groves unlike last time saved loads for the final few rounds, and then out of nowhere bang, game over! One of the best single punch knockouts ive ever seen!

It reminded me of the Hearns vs Roberto Duran punch.

Saving for the later rounds is always a risky strategy as you have to get there. Raising your work rate in the second half of the fight is very difficult as you've had half a fight of another bloke hitting you.

Enjoyable fight to watch, some good technical bits and the odd tear up, finished with a peach of a punch.

• 2 weeks later...

As expected rose was totally out of his depth, nice bloke but maybe domestic or European is the level he is, which is nothing to be ashamed of, seen him a few months back at the trafford centre, seems a lovely bloke.

On a side note ive just purchased tickets for July 12th at the liverpool echo arena, looking like a good card for that show!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sky's bias was worse than that 119-109 scorecard, at least the judges had the right winner.

No way Smith won that fight. He gave a good effort, showed heart in there and did better than a lot of people expected and proved a lot of doubters wrong about what level a fighter he is. Isn't that enough? He didn't win the fight. Abraham blocked most of Smith's shots to the head, and Smith didn't go to the body nearly as much as he should have once it was evident he was having most of his success throwing to the body.

I turned the commentary off after Nick Halling proclaimed that Smith "Hurt and shook" Abraham when it was clearly evident the shots caused King Artur no problem what so ever. And I scored it 116-112 for Abraham.

Edited by PlayItLivo

I didn't watch the fight, but I presume Jim Watt was co-commentator ? I am :censored:ing sick of him.

Watched Tavoris Cloud's fight from the weekend on youtube v some Russian fella called Beterbiev.....now he will give most guys in the light-heavies serious problems.

Sky's bias was worse than that 119-109 scorecard, at least the judges had the right winner.

No way Smith won that fight. He gave a good effort, showed heart in there and did better than a lot of people expected and proved a lot of doubters wrong about what level a fighter he is. Isn't that enough? He didn't win the fight. Abraham blocked most of Smith's shots to the head, and Smith didn't go to the body nearly as much as he should have once it was evident he was having most of his success throwing to the body.

I turned the commentary off after Nick Halling proclaimed that Smith "Hurt and shook" Abraham when it was clearly evident the shots caused King Artur no problem what so ever. And I scored it 116-112 for Abraham.

Thank god, I thought it was just me & George Groves who saw it this way.

After watching the fight back I had it a draw or 115-113 either way because Abraham shots where hitting the gloves and he looked to coast many of the middle rounds. The scoring was shameful and astonishing. It was worse than giving canelo a draw against mayweather, when mayweather dominated every round of that fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Paul Scholes, the Furys and Anthony Crolla, amongst others, at my club's show in Oldham on Friday handing out the trophies.

Nice one! Which club is that? Impressive line up of guests!

Surprised about the Fury's though as Tyson's uncle (who was Hughie's dad and Peter's brother) passed away the other day. They still confirmed as attending?

Friday just gone lad.

Ah, fair enough, did you get the Comical down? Bet they'd have run a story on that.

Anyone see Anthony Joshua's fight at weekend?

Yeah, it was impressive but far from surprising. Backtov is a 5'11 out of shape, plodder, Joshua is a 6'7 Brick :censored:house. And Hearn's and Sky's hype machine bollocks irks the :censored: out of me.

He's an excellent prospective heavyweight with a high ceiling but Ill reserve judgement until he beats up the heavyweights his own size who can throw a punch back. I'm sure he'll go far, and he's got the personality and marketability to be a promoter's wet dream. Its just far too early to be calling him Lennox Lewis mkII and stating he could beat anyone in the division, as Hearn did after the fight.

Edited by PlayItLivo

I didn't attend this one but the Chron have sent people in the past and the fella who runs the club is always in the paper so I think he's on good terms with them, so they may have had someone there.

I was told tonight that one of the Fury family kids was fighting hence why Tyson, Hughie and Peter Fury were all there. Crolla is a sound lad and has been to a few of the club's shows. Eddie Chambers and Michael Gomez also there.

• 2 weeks later...

Devastating KO loss that for Katsidis. Time to hang them up now, he doesn't need to be a journey man opponent for the Tommy Coyle's of this world. He really was a spent force after those losses to Marquez and Guerrero, both tough fights in which he took a lot of punishment and never been the same since.

Edited by PlayItLivo