Latics invite to kidnap boy

Latics have invited kidnap-boy Sahil Saeed and his family to Boundary Park to watch Saturday's Coca-Cola League One fixture against Brighton.

Chief Executive Alan Hardy has been in contact with the family of the five-year-old who is due back in Oldham tonight after his kidnap ordeal in Pakistan.

Sahil spent 12 days in captivity after he was seized during a robbery at his grandmother's home in Jhelum and was only released earlier this week after a ransom of £110,000 was handed over by his father Raja to the kidnappers on a street in Paris.

Mr Hardy said: "I have spoken to the family's representative to extend an invite to Sohil and his family to attend Saturday's game as guests of the club and they are considering it.

"We thought it would be an opportunity for the people of Oldham to welcome Sahil back to to the town after his ordeal."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they'd invited all the Asian community to come on a freebie, I wonder how many would have bothered?

We might see - depends how big his family is. :lol:

One could be a little cynical about this - the club jumping on a good news story bandwagon and all that - but I'm certain the intent is genuine and based in generosity.

Brilliant headline for the article. "Latics invite to kidnap boy" - er, no, I'll pass, not really keen on kidnapping children.

Do y'know, that's exactly what I was thinking. I thought it was a fanzine article of somthing.

All together now...

Where the F***,

Where the F***,

Where the F***ing hell were you?

etc...

i hope not ,as the press(sky .bbc etc) will be there too ,its a good chance of getting more people (local asian community) to come down and watch latics each week ,so if i were you :lipsrsealed2:

oh dear, hopefully the family will want some peace.I Don't think they want to come to a cold BP

Also after witnessing the warm goodbye those two lads and their family got the other night after the record breaking attempt, I don't think I want to witness that kind of atmosphere at BP as it disheartens me.

Some of us have not got the right coping skills. Yet we are not born prejudist or with phoebias, its something we grow into.

Sometimes I even wonder what I did in a previous life to become a blue....Vlad the impaler? Ivan the terrible? ghengis Khan?..hmmmm