They can have my £20 but I'm not watching that.

Ok firstly I will not go and watch us again this season whilst Penney is in charge.

Before everyone jumps on my back saying I'm not a "real fan" trust me I am, my shifts have changed this year meaning I have to work Saturdays as overtime, thankfully I work with some good people so I can call in favours to ensure I still make it to the match.

After the last 18 games or so I honestly dont know why I bother, the team we have aren't a bad bunch of players however the tactics we chose to use are abysmal, why can't the fullbacks attack? Why do we play so narrow? Why do the strikers play so far apart? All of these I suspect a decent manager would have corrected after about 5 - 6 games at the worst.

Then there is the treatment of :censored:, now I dont know what he did or didn't do over NY but I do know except from Gregan he has been my player of the season, after :censored: and Greegan I would probably say Sheehan is in line for 3rd place, sort of says it all that a left back we had on loan for two months can claim the 3rd best player of the season award.

I guess what I really came in here to say is that I love Latics (quite a lot) and I really dont want any harm to come to the club, so they can continue to have my £20 so the club are no worse off but if anyone thinks I'm going sitting in the freezing cold watching dross served up by a tactically inept manager they can think again.

I guess what I really came in here to say is that I love Latics (quite a lot) and I really dont want any harm to come to the club, so they can continue to have my £20 so the club are no worse off but if anyone thinks I'm going sitting in the freezing cold watching dross served up by a tactically inept manager they can think again.

It does tend to warm up a bit in April time.

I quite like the silent protest idea of 3,500 people sending a cheque in and not attending the match.

Not too sure it will catch on though ...

It does tend to warm up a bit in April time.

I quite like the silent protest idea of 3,500 people sending a cheque in and not attending the match.

Not too sure it will catch on though ...

actually good idea. We may play better with no home crowd having a dig as soon as it starts to go wrong.

I am all for helping - if its a goer tell what ST number it is and I'll send it in.

Actually I think we've got too many poor players. I used to be so proud that we had 5000 hard core supporters that no matter what would be everything the red scum fans were not. The Dunkirk spirit that was seen in those dark days of the Chris Moore demise was a pleasure to be part of and whilst I reserve the right for those who pay to show their irk, I am whole heartedly getting sick of the boo's at every game. The ironic cheers at every opportunity. We are Latics ffs lets come on here and vent our frustrations not at the ground.

I think it's time to lobby the board to look for some outside investment, some help they need. If those who are staying away now are only doing so till we see an improvement in players/manager/board and will defo be back once we do, how can you prove it? Why not one game make it a board awareness day. Show them what the crowd could be at BP if it was got right. Every fan turn up to that one match and make our own fun on the terracing and f*** the players to do it for us. Can we the fans mobilise that?

I would rather give my money away than pay £20 to watch that. I think you're right, the team isn't great but it's not bottom 4. The problem is we have a bottom 4 manager. Penny is a joke and the sooner the club sack him the better. I for the first time in my life and over 20 years of watching the club regularly don't know one person who is getting a season ticket next year. Say's it all.

PENNEY OUT! GET OUT OF OUR CLUB.

Ok firstly I will not go and watch us again this season whilst Penney is in charge.

Before everyone jumps on my back saying I'm not a "real fan" trust me I am, my shifts have changed this year meaning I have to work Saturdays as overtime, thankfully I work with some good people so I can call in favours to ensure I still make it to the match.

After the last 18 games or so I honestly dont know why I bother, the team we have aren't a bad bunch of players however the tactics we chose to use are abysmal, why can't the fullbacks attack? Why do we play so narrow? Why do the strikers play so far apart? All of these I suspect a decent manager would have corrected after about 5 - 6 games at the worst.

Then there is the treatment of :censored:, now I dont know what he did or didn't do over NY but I do know except from Gregan he has been my player of the season, after :censored: and Greegan I would probably say Sheehan is in line for 3rd place, sort of says it all that a left back we had on loan for two months can claim the 3rd best player of the season award.

Doesn't that mean you won't be going even if we sack Penney and replace him with a duo of Tommy Brown and Roy Race?

Actually I think we've got too many poor players. I used to be so proud that we had 5000 hard core supporters that no matter what would be everything the red scum fans were not. The Dunkirk spirit that was seen in those dark days of the Chris Moore demise was a pleasure to be part of and whilst I reserve the right for those who pay to show their irk, I am whole heartedly getting sick of the boo's at every game. The ironic cheers at every opportunity. We are Latics ffs lets come on here and vent our frustrations not at the ground.

I think it's time to lobby the board to look for some outside investment, some help they need. If those who are staying away now are only doing so till we see an improvement in players/manager/board and will defo be back once we do, how can you prove it? Why not one game make it a board awareness day. Show them what the crowd could be at BP if it was got right. Every fan turn up to that one match and make our own fun on the terracing and f*** the players to do it for us. Can we the fans mobilise that?

I feel exactly the same way, there is a lack of unity amongst the supporters and to be fair if it's putting me off going to games more than whats going on, on the pitch and I like your suggestion

they have said they are not ACTIVELY looking for outside investment or selling the club.

they want to "see the job through"...

business is business.

That's an excellent idea, we could then get some idea of how many fans are still interested if things were going well. Are people willing to come back or have we lost them indefinitely?

they have said they are not ACTIVELY looking for outside investment or selling the club.

they want to "see the job through"...

business is business.

That's not 100% right Johnny. They ARE looking for outside investment, in the form of partners for the new ground and associated developments, they aren't actively looking to sell the club, much as you wouldn't actively look to sell your house if you still wanted to live in it.

That's not 100% right Johnny. They ARE looking for outside investment, in the form of partners for the new ground and associated developments, they aren't actively looking to sell the club, much as you wouldn't actively look to sell your house if you still wanted to live in it.

info from barry.

i'm talking about investment on the field...as all are here.

like i say..they stand to gain more financially by staying put then asking for others to come on board.

whats their priority now?

staying up and getting a team fit to challenge next season or moving to failsworth?

.." much as you wouldn't actively look to sell your house if you still wanted to live in it."

but wouldn't you be looking to sell if you had a problem/no longer wanted to finance it?

I would sooner put £20 on Comply or Die in the Grand National, at least it will give a good run for the money. :)

Suggested this weeks ago in the form of a 'positive' protest Lags, I was shot down in flames. My apathy grows by the game...