Brentford Game/Post Game Thread

i actually thought we were a bit unlucky tonight,if we had a midfield it may have been a different result namely worthington and stephens.niether of them did anything tonight but on the whole i saw some improvement

Whilst :censored: sits on the bench.

If he was even on the bench?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I left as soon as the 3rd went in.

Before this season, i'd never left a game early. Stayed for the Cardiff massacre. At Hereford too. Then there was the countless times I got pissed wet through in the Paddock and never had any intention of leaving before the final whistle, even when the game was already lost.

This season however, as soon as we go two goals down. That's it. I'm off. About forty minutes of football i've missed in the last two home games. It'll be 90 minutes per game next season if that muppet is anywhere near this club.

Thats was only for the joy of seeing the streaker AND our own fans fighting with each other :wink:

Guest Scratch2000uk

Penney's appointment hasn't worked out here by a long shot, the owners must be pissed at what's happening to the club, after that gate tonight. <_<

Tonight was a massive game against winable opponents on a cold, rainy night. Their season is pretty much over and you would excuse not winning against us.

These are the games you win when you are in trouble and it would have pulled us clear of relegation. Instead despite having 10 days to prepare for the game and rest we are still only 2 points clear.

We cannot lose to Gillingham on Saturday, if we do then Penney has to go. We're not certain for relegation, we're still clear but we are in trouble, too many on here over exaggerate.

Tonight was a massive game against winable opponents on a cold, rainy night. Their season is pretty much over and you would excuse not winning against us.

These are the games you win when you are in trouble and it would have pulled us clear of relegation. Instead despite having 10 days to prepare for the game and rest we are still only 2 points clear.

We cannot lose to Gillingham on Saturday, if we do then Penney has to go. We're not certain for relegation, we're still clear but we are in trouble, too many on here over exaggerate.

if we lose on saturday,and hartlepool tranmere and southend all win...then we are 3rd bottom,and to be honest with the away games we have got coming up and charlton last game of season..were down.

saturday is massive,and i dont think its an exaggeration to say if we lose it thats it,game over we will go down

Ive been maintaining that we wont go down because of worse teams than us,

After watching that disgrace last night Im fed up,

even the few in the Chaddy End were singing pritty loud Penney out last night,

He is one of the worse managers I have seen here

Tipped me over the edge last night that :ranting:

Oh and when we was 3-1 why the fruck does Flavahan take about 10 mintes for a goal kick!

They are clueless!!

ARgh

The "few chavs" stop coming, you will moan about our poor attendences and the fact that people are stopping coming because we are :censored:e. If your that bothered, then encourage some atmosphere yourself.

I'm sick to :censored:in death of happy clappers, who sit there on their hands moaning at fans who are passionate enough to tell the gob:censored:e players and manager what we think of them.

Matthew Upson said the other week about his fans booing them and singing your not fit to wear the shirt : "I would rather play for a set of fans passionate enough to sing things like that."

But you sit on your hands at the next game and, instead of creating a "positive" atmosphere, just give dirty looks to people who say anything negative as we lose at home to another team who are actually :censored:e!!!!!!

+1

:applause1:

A real must win game...to everyone but Penney!

One up to 3-1 down. Absolutely shocking. What do we hear? "We'll be alright if we play like that on Saturday". No we won't you berk! We'll get beat.

The guy is a ****!

Oh and no I didn't go. And I couldn't be less @rsed.

E4e

OARIP

A real must win game...to everyone but Penney!

One up to 3-1 down. Absolutely shocking. What do we hear? "We'll be alright if we play like that on Saturday". No we won't you berk! We'll get beat.

The guy is a ****!

Oh and no I didn't go. And I couldn't be less @rsed.

E4e

OARIP

Totally agree I read half of his interview and closed my browser I cant believe his comments,

he is frucking deluded!!!

I think we are (very nearly) certain to go down now. We're certainly at the point where there's nothing to lose. Penney may as well go now to give whoever replaces him chance to prepare for next season, on the basis that it will very probably be in League Two - and that if he somehow manages to keep us up he'll be able to go into next season with a relieved fanbase right behind him.

However I do think those calling him our worst appointment ever have forgotten Mick Wadsworth and Brian Talbot.

I think we are (very nearly) certain to go down now. We're certainly at the point where there's nothing to lose. Penney may as well go now to give whoever replaces him chance to prepare for next season, on the basis that it will very probably be in League Two - and that if he somehow manages to keep us up he'll be able to go into next season with a relieved fanbase right behind him.

However I do think those calling him our worst appointment ever have forgotten Mick Wadsworth and Brian Talbot.

Wadsworth lasted 6 months. His win ratio wasn't actually that bad. P35 W15 D11 L9.

Fair shout on Talbot even TTA admitted that one. Penney is running him close though.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Penney obviously isn't that great but the football under Ronnie Moore/Neil Warnock was far worse. It was pretty dire under Andy Ritchie as well. To be fair to Warnout though, he's done alright at other clubs since so he must have something.

I've reached the point with Oldham that it doesn't matter who is manager, we'll always be crap because we've got no money and football at our level is just about who can get the best loan players.

How can anyone claim this given the league position and results... and given the past three season results :petesake:

Penney obviously isn't that great but the football under Ronnie Moore/Neil Warnock was far worse. It was pretty dire under Andy Ritchie as well. To be fair to Warnout though, he's done alright at other clubs since so he must have something.

I've reached the point with Oldham that it doesn't matter who is manager, we'll always be crap because we've got no money and football at our level is just about who can get the best loan players.

An understatement if ever I saw one.

As for the football, it was bad under some of them yes. They had a go though. I felt we were in with a chance. They got their second goal yesterday and I knew the best we'd get was a point. When the third went in that was it, done and dusted.

I haven't called for Penney's head...

And today is no exception, I said if we were to get rid of Penney it would have to be no later than Wycombe, that was our point of no return.

You know; after a nights sleep; whilst I'm gutted at the result and its implications for our survival; I felt we played really well in parts last night; and but for some (out of recent character) shambolic defending [of which Penney can have no direct influence on] we would have taken something from the game.

Penney is now at the point of no return though with an increasing number of our 'fans' - he's dammed if he does / dammed if he doesn't really.

For the first time in a good while; I was entertained by the 93 minutes of football on show (the 3 minutes added on is for another post I think; one about incompetent officials) - and I felt we were bloody unlucky to not get anything from the game.

IMO the time for Penney to go has been and gone; it would be far more divisive to sack him now - if he was going to be sacked; it should maybe have been after the Tramps home game, but IMO certainly not now.

I actually agree with Penney on the fact that if we play like we did last night (minus the poor bitty defending that cost us the 2nd & 3rd goals) then we have a chance of getting the 3 points on Sat.

Taylor was much improved in the 2nd half and was a threat - I'd like him to vary his 'end product' more and stop cutting inside every time but it was on the hole a much improved performance.

Young Kirk showed a glimpse to the future; and was full of endeavour, commitment and some flashes of end product - putting to shame some of his older; more experienced squad-mates.

Kieran Lee was my MoTM.

Stephens was solid in the CM.

Pawel scored a top draw goal and was in the right place for his second; and whole-heartedly led the line.

Tom Eaves again had a decent cameo.

If those players all continue with similar performances on sat; and Reuben and Sean get 1 bad game out of their system; I think we'll be right for the win.

I have certain issues with Penney and his tactics over the course of this season; but last night I actually felt for him. Think a while ago; LaticPete said he'd have more respect for the Penney Outers if they were consistent with their songs - well it was quite on that front when we were playing well.........then its raise the roof time with the chants after the 3rd........

Whilst others around me were signing the anti songs - I got behind the team and the lads who were out their playing in blue. Some around me were doing the same; but above me in the Main Upper and across at the RRE; more were interesting in the opposite whilst the game had a good while still to go..................

Cool. We'll keep him then.

Regardless of if we do or don't, we have no assets and no money.....no investment, who the hell do people think we can attract to work with cock all and get us out of this bloody mess. Dowie had investment - we blew it, Moore had a 'bit' of investment - we blew it, Sheridan had investment - we blew it.

Reality of the situation is this is where we are and without an injection of serious cash, this is where we are at.

Regardless of if we do or don't, we have no assets and no money.....no investment, who the hell do people think we can attract to work with cock all and get us out of this bloody mess. Dowie had investment - we blew it, Moore had a 'bit' of investment - we blew it, Sheridan had investment - we blew it.

Reality of the situation is this is where we are and without an injection of serious cash, this is where we are at.

your picture makes me crave beer :disappointed:

So you saying DP did not have investment despite TTA saying otherwise ?

You saying a future management would not have investment despite other mangers getting it ?

I don't understand where people are coming from. Or are you saying the club is lying ? Which then begs the question why is everyone so trusting over Failsworth... and if the club is lying what happened to are early warning system in the form of the trust...

I am just totally confused on who or what to trust / believe...

Edited by oafc0000

Other clubs in this league seem to manage it. I guess for a time, we were one.

Like I say, keep him then. He's doing his best.