Huddersfield

Of course you have to secure your League One place! My mistake Sorry! Even though you don't sound too confident I'm pretty sure you'll be okay! Too many decent players to go down me thinks. :grin:

Sadly for us, most of those decent players are the very ones not performing for most of the season.

Edited by singe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be there if the game had been played when it should have been today, but knowing that our following will be crap with no atmosphere on a tuesday night, along with the over-priced tickets, its a no from me. I'd rather watch Barcelona vs Arsenal which after the first leg, should be one hell of a football match. Its sad that this should be the case, but true i'm afraid.

Too far for me to go on a Tuesday night - so I will settle down with the tv on Barca versus Arsenal and hope for two away victories. :wink:

Of course you have to secure your League One place! My mistake Sorry! Even though you don't sound too confident I'm pretty sure you'll be okay! Too many decent players to go down me thinks. :grin:

As you are probably gathering, all the enthusiasm has been sucked out of us this season and we're in a battle royale to stay in the division. The football we've had to endure this season has been dull and dreadful played in a :censored:-hole of a 3 sided ground with, as yet, no immediate sign of the proposed new ground coming off.

As a result, being a latics fan at the moment is a testing time.....many long standing fans have deserted in their droves....who knows if they'll return?

All we can hope for is to escape the drop and re-group in the summer ( under a different manager! )

Hope i haven't depressed you too much :grin:

Setting off to my local hostelry in Leeds in a few minutes. I'll take it steady for and hour or two then it's over to Huddersfield on the train. Throw a couple of pies down to soak up 'the goodness' then for some more singing juice. This is a big game for us which could secure a top six spot and I know Oldham need points to ease any nagging worries too, so I'm expecting a good game. If we can play at and sustain a high tempo then I've every confidence we'll win. However, if Oldham come to frustrate, pack out midfield and dig in, it could be a different story. We seem to struggle against teams who come with a negative rearguard action. That's not to say we think teams should automatically lie down easily but it's only lately that we've started to realise hard work earns us the right to play the open fancy stuff. We'll have to put in the serious spade work first, then pass the ball well. Bring it on! :grin:

Safe journey etc etc! :D

Setting off to my local hostelry in Leeds in a few minutes. I'll take it steady for and hour or two then it's over to Huddersfield on the train. Throw a couple of pies down to soak up 'the goodness' then for some more singing juice. This is a big game for us which could secure a top six spot and I know Oldham need points to ease any nagging worries too, so I'm expecting a good game. If we can play at and sustain a high tempo then I've every confidence we'll win. However, if Oldham come to frustrate, pack out midfield and dig in, it could be a different story. We seem to struggle against teams who come with a negative rearguard action. That's not to say we think teams should automatically lie down easily but it's only lately that we've started to realise hard work earns us the right to play the open fancy stuff. We'll have to put in the serious spade work first, then pass the ball well. Bring it on! :grin:

Safe journey etc etc! :D

We're in, we could nick this. :grin:

Unfortunately mr. penney has beaten you to it, he's taking 31 defenders!

excellent Steve......and hoping to but them all across the goal line like the table top game fuz ball (I think that's how you type it). Hopefully all looking like Gregan with his vulcan death grip too.

:lol:

Would love the win Acetripper - would be so obliged if you could sort it for us. :wink:

But I think 2-1 to you

I am hoping for both sets of fans its going to be a helluva game at least