Huddersfield

Oldham Athletic is my religion! Boundary Park is my Church? Oldham and Proud? Hey? Barcelona v Arsenal? Hey? :shock:

Like i said, if the game had been today i'd be there, but £24 for a tuesday night and most probably a loss? No thanks, i'd rather keep my money safely in my pocket as would many others i'm sure.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember going Colchester on Tuesday night in 2001, nothing to play for but you knew there would be the hardcore 250 there. We'd consider that a good Saturday turnout these days.

Is that the game Lua Lua missed at pen at the other end in the fog, couldn't see anything 2nd half?

Oldham Athletic is my religion! Boundary Park is my Church? Oldham and Proud? Hey? Barcelona v Arsenal? Hey? :shock:

It's a bit like selling 16,000 cheap season tickets and then a third of the people who've bought them deciding they've got something better to do on a Saturday suppose....

l am going to this one. Its not as important as most seasons. As games against southend and bristol rovers are more important. Although a win from this will put oldham in a great position. Come on oldham

Edited by spadam

I can't, when is it?

900 max. All sad.

E4e

HUDDS

We (HTFC) need a win tomorrow neet and no mistake!

Swings n roundabouts boys n girls! I'm not into scoring momentary points off you lot if I'm honest. I really only care about my club Huddersfield Town, cos they're the ones we're saddled with until I die and I'm sure you all feel the same about your club. Indeed, I can remember your lads in recent seasons coming down here and pissing all over our team.

Never mind who owns your club, who's doing you a mischief (maybe) or anything else. At the end of the day it's your club and it will be what you're prepared to let it be, or put up with. I've shovelled enough of my hard earned cash into keeping my club afloat in the past (don't tell the missis) So come on Oldham stand up when you're needed! Hey? :D

Easy to say when you're sitting pretty up near the top of the league with a young, dynamic, free-scoring squad. Fact of the matter is: we're :censored:. It's not like other seasons where we've been :censored: but still managed to turn over the big boys. By all accounts, we're horrendous this season. It's worth noting that we haven't scored more than two goals in a match for more than TWELVE MONTHS.

Simply put, a helluva lot of our fans have had enough. This season has been the final straw. So apologies if there's a distinct lack of sunny dispositions on here currently - now you'll know why there's a motley crew of a couple of hundred there tomorrow.

Easy to say when you're sitting pretty up near the top of the league with a young, dynamic, free-scoring squad. Fact of the matter is: we're :censored:. It's not like other seasons where we've been :censored: but still managed to turn over the big boys. By all accounts, we're horrendous this season. It's worth noting that we haven't scored more than two goals in a match for more than TWELVE MONTHS.

Simply put, a helluva lot of our fans have had enough. This season has been the final straw. So apologies if there's a distinct lack of sunny dispositions on here currently - now you'll know why there's a motley crew of a couple of hundred there tomorrow.

So good to hear you . At least the motley crew are supporting the club.

Edited by LaticsPete

Oh, Peter. How did I know what the content of your post would be when I saw your name?

If I still lived in Oldham and could afford to attend tomorrow, I'd go. I'm just offering an explanation to our neighbour as to why it's not all rainbows and sweeties on the right side of the Pennines.

Oh, Peter. How did I know what the content of your post would be when I saw your name?

Because you are as accurate as Derek Acorah?

If I still lived in Oldham and could afford to attend tomorrow, I'd go. I'm just offering an explanation to our neighbour as to why it's not all rainbows and sweeties on the right side of the Pennines.

No criticism of you not going Z. You are such a delicate flower.....

Edited by LaticsPete

I always thought when our messageboard nesbits were lording it over the likes of 'Udders and Tranmere about their poor away followings at BP that it'd come back and bite us.

I'm not going neither. Partly because of the extortionate admission prices, partly because I honestly think we're going to get tatered and partly because and absolutely sick and tired of the football now.

frankly, is this aimed at nesbitt1988?

There's been spells in home games this season when the opposition really struggle to cope with our pace, movement and persistent attacking play. More recently, for the first hour or so we tend to overwhelm teams but fail to create a healthy lead and then let teams to come back at us. It seems the overall pattern of modern football seems to have gotten more like that. So tonight we'll be looking to kill Oldham off 'if' we can dominate. 'If' we don't, then we could come unstuck. Very much a game of if's and buts I think! :wink:

How do you lot think your lads will perform? :wink:

There's been spells in home games this season when the opposition really struggle to cope with our pace, movement and persistent attacking play. More recently, for the first hour or so we tend to overwhelm teams but fail to create a healthy lead and then let teams to come back at us. It seems the overall pattern of modern football seems to have gotten more like that. So tonight we'll be looking to kill Oldham off 'if' we can dominate. 'If' we don't, then we could come unstuck. Very much a game of if's and buts I think! :wink:

How do you lot think your lads will perform? :wink:

Well, we're about as much of an attacking threat as Mahatma Ghandi. So if we don't get a pen (or two cos Pav will probably miss) we'll set out for a thrilling 0-0. Having said that, getting a pen actually involves us getting across the half way line. So pretty unlikely.

Well, we're about as much of an attacking threat as Mahatma Ghandi. So if we don't get a pen (or two cos Pav will probably miss) we'll set out for a thrilling 0-0. Having said that, getting a pen actually involves us getting across the half way line. So pretty unlikely.

I've always enjoyed our games with 'The Latics' because they're usually very competitive and no quarter given by either side and I'm genuinely sorry to hear you all feel so dispirited at the moment. If it's any consolation us Terriers fans know exactly how you're feeling. There's nothing worse than thinking the whole world's caved in on you at this stage of the season, with little to play for.

I also think it's a huge shame that this game has been moved from a prime bank holiday slot to a Tuesday evening when most folk have work to attend the next day. Did they think they're was some chance hoolie trouble or something? Even if they did, I still can't see why we have to pander to those mindless goons. If they want a scrap they'll have one in any case, no matter when the match is played.

Anyway! I'm actually looking forward to the match, it's such a pity one or two of our old boys will be missing but I'm sure the old local derby/roses spirit will stir the players on! :grin:

I've always enjoyed our games with 'The Latics' because they're usually very competitive and no quarter given by either side and I'm genuinely sorry to hear you all feel so dispirited at the moment. If it's any consolation us Terriers fans know exactly how you're feeling. There's nothing worse than thinking the whole world's caved in on you at this stage of the season, with little to play for.

I also think it's a huge shame that this game has been moved from a prime bank holiday slot to a Tuesday evening when most folk have work to attend the next day. Did they think they're was some chance hoolie trouble or something? Even if they did, I still can't see why we have to pander to those mindless goons. If they want a scrap they'll have one in any case, no matter when the match is played.

Anyway! I'm actually looking forward to the match, it's such a pity one or two of our old boys will be missing but I'm sure the old local derby/roses spirit will stir the players on! :grin:

Oh, I think we've got plenty to play for Acetripper. I think most of us a bricking it about whether we are capable of scraping the 8 points or so that we're likely to need to stay in this crappy division.

Oh, I think we've got plenty to play for Acetripper. I think most of us a bricking it about whether we are capable of scraping the 8 points or so that we're likely to need to stay in this crappy division.

Of course you have to secure your League One place! My mistake Sorry! Even though you don't sound too confident I'm pretty sure you'll be okay! Too many decent players to go down me thinks. :grin: