Huddersfield

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i,m going

pends on the result a lot of people grumbling about the cost so if we loose id expect our lowest turn out for years. General perception being loose today and we are all but relegated.

Win 2day and probably 1000-1500 might make it over

£24 to watch us get hammered? No thanks. We might bring about 1000. I'd be surprised if there was any more.............

It'll probably be the smallest and quietest support we've had at your place in years...... :mad:

Thats a shame , but we went thru the same thing years ago when we had a :censored: manager and everythiing was going wrong every week . You will come through it , just stick with it , i think us normal fans who work all week are been :censored: on by people trying to make money out of us week in week out .

I don't care if we're already relegated. We can't take any less than 2,000 over there or that will be highly embarrassing. This is the game where we put all our troubles behind us, turn out in numbers and get behind the boys. If we do and we just so happen to nick 3 points...think of the buzz and possibly one of the only positives to come out of this season.

Now...if we lose, at least we'll lose outsinging them. Everyone knows they can't outsing us lot when we turn up. Great Escape for another 45 mins?? S'av it!

Fair enough £24 is very steep to watch negative football but feck it...let's show 'em how we do it in th'Owdham!!!!!!

Just wondering how many will be making thee short trip on Tues night , or will it depend on saturdays result ?. Always enjoy the atmosphere when you lot come to Town :grin:

You wont have an atmosphere this time mate. We will bring 750 maximum. It will be the worst Latics support you have ever seen.................... and although I doubt it........ I hope we get 3 points :grin:

Now...if we lose, at least we'll lose outsinging them. Everyone knows they can't outsing us lot when we turn up. Great Escape for another 45 mins?? S'av it!

but please no 'im a bastard' its boring, not funny and it was so much better last year when we were singing the great escape and not that. even oldham fans were singing 'we've only got one song'

5 Of us going (one being a Rochdale season ticket holder), he said he wanted to see some quality league one football to see what the Dale have to face next season. I havn't asked him yet but I think he's going to watch Huddersfield.

That makes at least double figures in the away end.......... :sleeping:

I always thought when our messageboard nesbits were lording it over the likes of 'Udders and Tranmere about their poor away followings at BP that it'd come back and bite us.

I'm not going neither. Partly because of the extortionate admission prices, partly because I honestly think we're going to get tatered and partly because and absolutely sick and tired of the football now.

I always thought when our messageboard nesbits were lording it over the likes of 'Udders and Tranmere about their poor away followings at BP that it'd come back and bite us.

I'm not going neither. Partly because of the extortionate admission prices, partly because I honestly think we're going to get tatered and partly because and absolutely sick and tired of the football now.

How will it come back to bite us exactly? It still doesn't change the fact that their away followings are piss poor in relation to their home support and this will be the first time in recent memory we won't be taking over 50% of our usual home crowd, so we hardly look that bad do we?

How will it come back to bite us exactly? It still doesn't change the fact that their away followings are piss poor in relation to their home support and this will be the first time in recent memory we won't be taking over 50% of our usual home crowd, so we hardly look that bad do we?

Get a grip. Percentages, pfft.

Face it, our mob are as apathetic as anyone else. When things aren't going right, we just don't bother. I count myself in that as well.

Get a grip. Percentages, pfft.

Face it, our mob are as apathetic as anyone else. When things aren't going right, we just don't bother. I count myself in that as well.

I'd say normally our away support is pretty good, this season is different though, people have completely lost the passion for the club. Even when we struggled under Ritchie I still remember having some form of passion for the club and so did many others. I've criticised our fans this season and the last few seasons more than anyone else more than likely, the incessant booing, the mind boggling lack of football knowledge etc etc. but when it comes to travelling in good numbers, we hold our own fairly well. Percentages are probably the best way to determine good away followings in our division.

I'd say normally our away support is pretty good, this season is different though, people have completely lost the passion for the club. Even when we struggled under Ritchie I still remember having some form of passion for the club and so did many others. I've criticised our fans this season and the last few seasons more than anyone else more than likely, the incessant booing, the mind boggling lack of football knowledge etc etc. but when it comes to travelling in good numbers, we hold our own fairly well. Percentages are probably the best way to determine good away followings in our division.

I've always been proud of our away support.........pro rata until recently we must be up there with the most impressive.

Will we be able to re-capture those days?

I've always been proud of our away support.........pro rata until recently we must be up there with the most impressive.

Will we be able to re-capture those days?

I remember going Colchester on Tuesday night in 2001, nothing to play for but you knew there would be the hardcore 250 there. We'd consider that a good Saturday turnout these days.

I know it's always a downer when your team's lightly in the doldrums but matches between Oldham and Huddersfield are usually pretty entertaining aren't they? The high admission price will no doubt put numbers of fans off travelling, that coupled with the fixture change to a night game will probably also contribute to a well below average gate for this type of game. I've also noticed Oldham's gates have fallen dramatically (2880 fans against Brentford?) so it would seem the club is struggling somewhat. Let's hope the proposed new ground helps to lift everyones spirits hey?

As for tomorrows game I'm hoping for a Terriers win obviously but I wouldn't put it past Oldham to make it very very hard for us. You always seem to play well against us in any case! BUT as they say, may the best team win!

Regards! Safe journey over to Hudders! :grin:

As for tomorrows game I'm hoping for a Terriers win obviously but I wouldn't put it past Oldham to make it very very hard for us. You always seem to play well against us in any case! BUT as they say, may the best team ON THE NIGHT win!

Sorry, can't go along with "may the best team win"!

I'd be there if the game had been played when it should have been today, but knowing that our following will be crap with no atmosphere on a tuesday night, along with the over-priced tickets, its a no from me. I'd rather watch Barcelona vs Arsenal which after the first leg, should be one hell of a football match. Its sad that this should be the case, but true i'm afraid.

I'd be there if the game had been played when it should have been today, but knowing that our following will be crap with no atmosphere on a tuesday night, along with the over-priced tickets, its a no from me. I'd rather watch Barcelona vs Arsenal which after the first leg, should be one hell of a football match. Its sad that this should be the case, but true i'm afraid.

Oldham Athletic is my religion! Boundary Park is my Church? Oldham and Proud? Hey? Barcelona v Arsenal? Hey? :shock: