General Election

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Clegg's lady will turn out to be drunk and easily impressed.

More fun for good old Nick presumably.

I wish they would all shut up about their children, our children, the country's children, our brave boys, our brave girls, our brave fighting forces, etc, etc.

And what was all that crap at the beginning where they were saying, "I met a butcher / baker / candlestick maker the other day and he / she / it told me..."

They all did it. They were all advised to say the same thing. Incredible.

See, I don't like that. Paxman and Naughtie and Humphreys at least ask some salient questions. What they [the leaders, tonight] want to say doesn't often answer the question or say anything meaningful. They're not getting properly grilled, just being offered chances to take pops at each other and smarm.

Edited by Crusoe

Bloody hell, Cameron: "Choose hope over fear...build a bigger society" (do you think he meant better?)

And his lines about being there for you if you want to have a family...urgh, I won't suggest that to my wife.

Edited by Crusoe

Bloody hell, Cameron: "Choose hope over fear...build a bigger society" (do you think he meant better?)

And his lines about being there for you if you want to have a family...urgh, I won't suggest that to my wife.

I think he meant bigger - it's all over the manifesto. I'd like to see that vague idea in the manifesto put to the testo.

Dramatic first in British politics or waste of time?

We have just three nonentities on TV.

Might as well have been an episode of Blue Peter.

They all addressed the audience as if they were addressing a 10 year old.

None of them got close to having a policy that would change the status quo.

Useful, I think. Shows the public how little they have of substance to say, and provides opportunities to make gaffes. Plus, engages with the electorate in a new way - even if only a few people paid more attention because of the fuss.

It's what the system of government we have requires. When half of the economy is run by the government there is precious little room for change. If both taxation and spending applied at a local level people would give a toss and a candidate could have alternative policies, as it is it's just a meat grinder

We have just three nonentities on TV.

Might as well have been an episode of Blue Peter.

They all addressed the audience as if they were addressing a 10 year old.

None of them got close to having a policy that would change the status quo.

Well, your average British person has the mental age of a 10 year old, I'm afraid.

Thought they all did well to be honest. But none of them said anything we haven't heard before.

Despite massive concerns over immigration and crime, I think I'll vote Labour (not based this on tonight though, I should add)

ITN's poll is saying that Clegg won, which he did.

Really ? I thought he did well but I thought Gordon performed best, answered and challenged well and I think his polices are the most realistic...

I thought Cameron was embarrassingly woeful...

Edited by oafc0000