General Election

Papers have gone after Clegg bug style today, I think my favourite one is the Mail's Nazi story. Is it Goodwin's law that states that whenever you are reduced to mentioning the Nazis in an online debate then you automatically lose?

He should be pleased really, if he he wants to play with the big boys and receive equal coverage then he has to expect that everything he ever said or did is fair grounds for scrutiny and twisting out of context.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you look them up since you're the one making the assertion about them?

Would it make you angry (or angrier) if there has been an increase in the number of people not working because they are incapacitated? Basically, you would like people who are sick or injured or who have suffered industrial accidents to be made poor as a result. Shame on you, Tory Boy.

Poor effort. How on earth are more people suffering industrial accidents in the modern workplace, where you can't scratch your arse without a risk assesment? If many more people are ill generally then can Gordy give us back the billions he borrowed to, "invest," in the health service?

Or perhaps, just maybe, the government has made it easier to sign off on the sick to massage the unemployment figures.

We have just three nonentities on TV.

Might as well have been an episode of Blue Peter.

They all addressed the audience as if they were addressing a 10 year old.

Ah, it appears Clegg was groomed to.

Linky

Nick Clegg has been secretly groomed for months for his TV debates by a presenter who tells clients to talk to viewers as it they are ten-year-olds.

Poor effort. How on earth are more people suffering industrial accidents in the modern workplace, where you can't scratch your arse without a risk assesment? If many more people are ill generally then can Gordy give us back the billions he borrowed to, "invest," in the health service?

Or perhaps, just maybe, the government has made it easier to sign off on the sick to massage the unemployment figures.

The Tories invented the figure massage, but you still haven't come up with anything to back up your paranoid assertion that the nation is throwing a sicky. In fact, the Government have been widely condemned for making it more difficult for people to claim incapacity benefit.

Your condemnation of those who are on incapacity benefit just looks like you're beating up the sick and disabled, which is an entirely familiar Tory pursuit.

A sick and shameful pursuit.

The Tories invented the figure massage, but you still haven't come up with anything to back up your paranoid assertion that the nation is throwing a sicky. In fact, the Government have been widely condemned for making it more difficult for people to claim incapacity benefit.

Your condemnation of those who are on incapacity benefit just looks like you're beating up the sick and disabled, which is an entirely familiar Tory pursuit.

A sick and shameful pursuit.

I can't seem to locate overall figures from back in the past, say 1997 or 1992.

Current(ish) DWP figures:

There were 2.63 million ‘ESA and incapacity benefits’ claimants at August 2009.

Vote Labour for a sick society?

I can't seem to locate overall figures from back in the past, say 1997 or 1992.

For some reason that hasn't stopped you from asserting that the numbers have gone up. Whoops.

You can't have it both ways. You want people off incapacity benefit or ESA, yet you condemn Government measures to help people with disabilities and health problems to get into work. What do you want?

From the OED:

paranoia (noun) a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution...typically worked into an organized system. It may be an aspect of chronic personality disorder, of drug abuse, or of a serious condition such as schizophrenia in which the person loses touch with reality.

- unjustified suspicion and mistrust of other people.

Seek help.

For some reason that hasn't stopped you from asserting that the numbers have gone up. Whoops.

You can't have it both ways. You want people off incapacity benefit or ESA, yet you condemn Government measures to help people with disabilities and health problems to get into work. What do you want?

Seek help.

What I want is for the government to stop spunking my money, both current and future, up the wall to no good purpose.

Papers have gone after Clegg bug style today, I think my favourite one is the Mail's Nazi story. Is it Goodwin's law that states that whenever you are reduced to mentioning the Nazis in an online debate then you automatically lose?

I'd suspect that most mongs that read that filth, wouldn't vote Lib Dems anyway.

Here's Clegg's response from a 'raving commie paper' (or something like that...):

All German's are Nazi filth.

What I want is for the government to stop spunking my money, both current and future, up the wall to no good purpose.

So now you are saying that the Government should not pay to look after people who cannot work because they are sick, because that constitutes the Government spunking your money up the wall. Why didn't you just say so in the first place?

With the Tories, all in the garden is rosey, but the deeper you dig, the dirtier it gets.

So now you are saying that the Government should not pay to look after people who cannot work because they are sick, because that constitutes the Government spunking your money up the wall. Why didn't you just say so in the first place?

With the Tories, all in the garden is rosey, but the deeper you dig, the dirtier it gets.

Everyone who is still reading this thread knows that a lot of people are on the sick because you get more than you do on the dole and aren;'t pressured the same way to find work as you are on the dole. The Northern working class which you speak for (from memories before you became a self-avowed Southerner and entered the Middle Classes) know this better than anyone.

I'd suspect that most mongs that read that filth, wouldn't vote Lib Dems anyway.

Here's Clegg's response from a 'raving commie paper' (or something like that...):

All German's are Nazi filth.

The article that Clegg wrote is a bit crass and a bit stupid and a bit boring, but there's nothing offensive in it. I don't agree with Nick, but the way he's being portrayed today (in the Telegraph and the Mail, which used to be a Nazi newspaper) is a total disgrace - and it probably won't do him any harm.

Everyone who is still reading this thread knows that a lot of people are on the sick because you get more than you do on the dole and aren;'t pressured the same way to find work as you are on the dole. The Northern working class which you speak for (from memories before you became a self-avowed Southerner and entered the Middle Classes) know this better than anyone.

Pure invention. They only think that more people are on the sick for that reason because people like you always say it. Yet you never come up with any evidence to support your claim. Ludicrous!

Yougov have Cameron winning the 2nd debate so far

Comres have Clegg winning it with cameron and brown joint 2nd

I personally thought clegg was woefull tonight!!!

I love the fact that people talk about these debates like one of those :censored:ty reality TV competitions. "Gordon, you have been evicted. Please leave the ten Downing Street house!"

And Cameron's a :censored:. I'll never ever be convinced otherwise.

Pure invention. They only think that more people are on the sick for that reason because people like you always say it. Yet you never come up with any evidence to support your claim. Ludicrous!

On a side note, my sat nav took me through Tulse Hill (I didn't realise the place existed) after a journey from the M1 across the smoke and over the river on my way to Bromley. I would certainly be "on the sick" if I had to make that journey each day. :disappointed:

Yougov have Cameron winning the 2nd debate so far

Comres have Clegg winning it with cameron and brown joint 2nd

This was always going to be a tough one for Clegg, but I felt he did ok. He had to remain positive about what he was doing and I believe his sign-off was the better of the three, which will indeed have an impact.

Cameron picked up his game, as was expected.

Brown just seems far too aggressive, getting into the "My dad is bigger than yours!" style of debating. These TV debates were always going to be hard on him.

Although I find it exceedingly irritating, these debates will have a huge impact come May. Can the Liberal bounce carry momentum for them? I'm not sure but Clegg and his party should look closely at what happened when a 3rd party threatened in France a few years ago, and learn from the mistakes they made.

Edit: Yes Stevie J, Cameron is a massive c*nt.

Edited by Gentleman

I thought Clegg was woeful tonight but this one was always going yo hard for him. Cameron held himself well but his points / polices are bollcks. I thought Brown was the best overall. Much improved!

Brown was definitely much improved and came out fighting!!!!

"Nick, get real"

I called it cameron (just), then Brown, then clegg. Thought Clegg failed miserably in the first half of the debate

I thought Clegg was alright to be honest...such is life I suppose. :huh:

The fact that a 3rd party are even in contention at this stage is magnificent for British politics in the long term. Looking at the short-term though, I personally would vouch for Labour for another term.

I love the fact that people talk about these debates like one of those :censored:ty reality TV competitions. "Gordon, you have been evicted. Please leave the ten Downing Street house!"

And Cameron's a :censored:. I'll never ever be convinced otherwise.

Ha! Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I thought Cameron was voted off last week?

This was always going to be a tough one for Clegg, but I felt he did ok. He had to remain positive about what he was doing and I believe his sign-off was the better of the three, which will indeed have an impact.

Cameron picked up his game, as was expected.

Brown just seems far too aggressive, getting into the "My dad is bigger than yours!" style of debating. These TV debates were always going to be hard on him.

Although I find it exceedingly irritating, these debates will have a huge impact come May. Can the Liberal bounce carry momentum for them? I'm not sure but Clegg and his party should look closely at what happened when a 3rd party threatened in France a few years ago, and learn from the mistakes they made.

Edit: Yes Stevie J, Cameron is a massive c*nt.

Very similar to my thoughts last night, and I agree with the pair of you - Cameron is a knobber.

Carl, why don't you just put this in your sig to save you repeating yourself?

If I was a Tory Grandee I would be looking at the quickest way of ditching Camoron, the bloke is an absolute sham, clown, non-entity, embarrassment, stuffed shirt and a fraud.

Making policy up on the hoof, you've had 4 and a half years mate to get your :censored: together. Gordon is hardly a moving target yet you fail with every single shot. He doesn't even believe in the crap he comes out with and is dreading waking up on the 7th May thinking he has to somehow make a silk purse out of Osborne, Gove, Hague, er, er, Clarke, erm, whatisface and whatshername, May, nope, that's yer lot. Blow-jobs and kittens for all next week, I bet you, he has nowhere left to go. All that guff about scaring the electorate!?!? wtf!?!? Who has plastered the country with negative posters and leaflets, which former chancellor was making stuff up about the IMF??? Fraudsters.

Clegg did ok, as one commentator said, it was always going to be hard to live upto himself this week. Even harder with him belonging to one one of the "old parties" (founded 1859, thankyouwikipedia)

Gordon did the same as last week, cracked a few funnies, who cares if they were rehearsed - sign of a good mind, planning what to say in a set-piece debate rather than just making it up, came out with facts, explained his stance and outlined the experience he brings from his current job - to be fair Nick's points about his work with the EU also totally outshone the guff from ex-PR guy Camoron. Whoever owns the company he used to work for must be pleased he went into politics if this is an example of what he is like at PR! Again the G-unit came out with the best lines "Big Society, Little Britain" - Game set and match,

Yet the press and pundits say Camoron did well? Was I watching a different debate? He landed one haymaker, a shot in the dark, the leaflets, of course the Gizzle knew about those but that is all Camoron has got, a pamphlet where Labour are suggesting that the tories will undo many of the benefits that pensioners now get due to Labour, until last night they weren't going to get free eye test under moron. 4 and a half years and that is the best they can do.

"Big Society, Little Britain" was definitely the one liner of the night. Got a chuckle from me, and I hate Brown with a vengeance. :grin:

Where Brown lost it for me was his illogical scaremongering about Lib Dem policy on nukes and immigration.