General Election

Gordy did quite well, the format stopped anyone getting under his skin and making him reveal his inner psychopath. AS I said above, Cleggy didn't do it for me, yes you are different, that's because you can't win, but it was always going to be that way I suppose. Cameron was surprisingly poor. I don't overly warm to him anyway but he was going way too far down the tree-hugging line I thought. I think the electorate need to see more toughness/a hint of the bastard about the candidate, as most of us realise that some hard calls need to be made.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best comment on this so far (not mine):

"This is the worst Kraftwerk gig ever"

Probably got the most retweets that did. In fact, Twitter was fantastic for this kind of thing. Like an alternate commentry from all manner of cutting, funny and genius people. It also reminded me, I really should get rid off Phillip Schofield now.

Probably got the most retweets that did. In fact, Twitter was fantastic for this kind of thing. Like an alternate commentry from all manner of cutting, funny and genius people. It also reminded me, I really should get rid off Phillip Schofield now.

In fact, Pop Justice won the award for most lols from me.

It's always slow in the early shows, things will pick up when they get to disco week

Yeah, that's where I heard it from. I binned Twitter some time ago, still resisting picking it up again.

You can follow it all on Twitters home page without having to be a member... It is cool for this stuff...

Just reading it and Cameron has lost out big time in this debate...

Haha, AA Gill (occasional tool, but funny and insightful with it) on Newsnight: "Anyone who votes based on a TV programme should probably have their vote taken away."

An interesting point.

Other news....

Mark Thomas on TW: @markthomasinfo

# Brown wants to give us the right to replace failing police forces with new police force, excellent-outsourcing police!

# Cameron ' i met a 40 year old, arrived in UK when 6 , and was proud to have served in navy for 30 years.' So the Navy is recruiting 10 year olds?

You don't half put out some rubbish at times. If it isn't half baked and false medical advice its stuff like this. I can't even be arsed replying to you properly, I just don't have the time to waste.

As for plucking numbers out of thin air these numbers where quoted to me from a number of prep schools I have been speaking to / looking into recently. As I said above, I am considering my options regarding my own children.

I don't give out false medical advice I never have and never will if you can find a post of mine which is false medical advice and have the real advice to back it up then please go ahead. If not, shut up and I thank you not to libel me. You can't be arsed replying to me as you are so busy- but so busy to post on here so often. What I said is true and just because you asked some private schools in Warrington doesn't mean its the same for all private schools. Point out anything I said which isn't true, with evidence- you said something about class sizes and that's why private schools do so well and that is bollocks.

I don't give out false medical advice I never have and never will if you can find a post of mine which is false medical advice and have the real advice to back it up then please go ahead. If not, shut up and I thank you not to libel me. You can't be arsed replying to me as you are so busy- but so busy to post on here so often. What I said is true and just because you asked some private schools in Warrington doesn't mean its the same for all private schools. Point out anything I said which isn't true, with evidence- you said something about class sizes and that's why private schools do so well and that is bollocks.

So you didn't say alochol contained fat ... And you didn't say some stuff about muscle which was rubbish?

So you didn't say alochol contained fat ... And you didn't say some stuff about muscle which was rubbish?

The alcohol thing I was more right on than some bloke basing it on GCSE biology I don't remember the muscle thing but neither of those are medical advice that is science knowledge. You are going to struggle to find it as medical advice I look up first on the very rare occassion I post any, as far as I know I'm the only one with any medical experience (who isn't American and I have my doubts about those two) who posts on here and giving bad medical advice when you aren't qualified is the sort of stuff that gets you banged up so please don't libel me.

Edited by rudemedic

The alcohol thing I was more right on than some bloke basing it on GCSE biology I don't remember the muscle thing but neither of those are medical advice that is science knowledge. You are going to struggle to find it as medical advice I look up first on the very rare occassion I post any, as far as I know I'm the only one with any medical experience (who isn't American and I have my doubts about those two) who posts on here and giving bad medical advice when you aren't qualified is the sort of stuff that gets you banged up so please don't libel me.

oh shut up ffs...

Chill guys. Politics isn't something to fall out over or we'd all have even less friends than we do anyway. And if we have to resort to the law, let's just use imaginary lawyers rather than real ones, it keeps it much more civil.

Your right LL, I'm going to leave it, someone else can argue with the pro-Labourites for the time being.

More reasons to vote how you need to vote so Cameron doesn't get in.

Link

...and some more.

Linky the second

The first one, I am in complete agreement with you. They've done the numbers votewise and realise more people from families vote than from other demographic areas (i.e. not married). Shamelessly giving money for votes. How long is it until they offer to pay pensioners a super-duper bonus on top of the riches they already receive? Not long I would think.

The second one I gave up on after a few minutes (in true British voter way). Labour always seem to hark back to the age of Thatcher and the damage done. Even if you say she did damage, which is debateable, it was the blocking of Barbara Castle's White Paper by Callaghan that caused Unions to be too strong, and in turn her to need to react in the manner she did (and having the power to do so). I guess you can work back on any situation to play any game that way though.

I guess in this election you have to ask two things:

(i) What is best for me.

(ii) What is best for the Country.

(i) Labour (not including Liberals), (ii) Conservative's; for me

(i) What is best for me.

Isolating themselves in Europe.

Threatening China.

Poor economic policies.

A national pop competition for school kids.

Local nutjobs like FRAG running local schools, hospitals, police....

If that's good for the country I'm a Dutchman.

The first one, I am in complete agreement with you. They've done the numbers votewise and realise more people from families vote than from other demographic areas (i.e. not married). Shamelessly giving money for votes. How long is it until they offer to pay pensioners a super-duper bonus on top of the riches they already receive? Not long I would think.

The second one I gave up on after a few minutes (in true British voter way). Labour always seem to hark back to the age of Thatcher and the damage done. Even if you say she did damage, which is debateable, it was the blocking of Barbara Castle's White Paper by Callaghan that caused Unions to be too strong, and in turn her to need to react in the manner she did (and having the power to do so). I guess you can work back on any situation to play any game that way though.

(i) What is best for me.

If David Cameron is the answer, what is the question?

Today, I heard on Radio 5 that "most people" thought that Gordon Brown finished third behind David Cameron in second. This proves what I have always thought... "Most people" are fecking stupid.

Anyone that thought Cameron was better than Brown in that debate is an idiot.

This is the problem with the Tory's. They have no real policies. They are rubbish. You try arguing that point? Then again, he's had ages to think up his position.

It's just Labour are even worse, and have a track record Eddie the Eagle would be ashamed of.

(and despite what i hope, the Lib Dems will not get near to getting in this time*)

*I would hope that they get enough votes to move this towards a three party system next time, but I doubt it.