Tom Eaves

Indeed, and if it turns out that he did act like a total git I will accept criticism of him... for the time being though people who are berating him and using terms like 'disloyal' and 'brat' are, for me, wrong to do so.

Glad to say I didn't use either of those terms. ^_^

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why do you keep going on about if I have seen him play or not :blink::wink:

Maybe its just me 0000, but I just find if I'm commenting about a player or a team (in any context) I feel far more informed and in a position to do so if I've seen him or them play a time or two.

Forget it, its obviously just my strange take on things. :wink:

Maybe its just me 0000, but I just find if I'm commenting about a player or a team (in any context) I feel far more informed and in a position to do so if I've seen him or them play a time or two.

Forget it, its obviously just my strange take on things. :wink:

:lol: You don't know if you are coming or going do you the way you are swaying from one line of reasoning to another :) You been at the cider too early in the day ? :sick01:

:lol: You don't know if you are coming or going do you the way you are swaying from one line of reasoning to another :) You been at the cider too early in the day ? :sick01:

Bloody hell, thats desperate and poor, even for you.

This from someone who thinks its a :censored:hole club, doesn't go to watch and yet has racked up nearly 9,000 posts on an OAFC messageboard.

Jeez, you couldn't make it up. :grin::lol::laught16::laught30:

Bloody hell, thats desperate and poor, even for you.

This from someone who thinks its a :censored:hole club, doesn't go to watch and yet has racked up nearly 9,000 posts on an OAFC messageboard.

Jeez, you couldn't make it up. :grin::lol::laught16::laught30:

Its a fact...

I commented... You then attacked what I based my opinion on (which was the article) by saying how would I know I never go... I pointed out I didn't need to go to hold an opinion on the issue... You then said you can only based an opinion on the article... So I pointed out your total breakdown of reasoning...

What has come out of the mix is that you are just launching a personal attack on me due to my lack of attendance in the most clumsy and fool hardy manner... Something we have come to see from yourself...

Now go on, bugger off, or I will taunt you a second time :)

500x_holy_grail_kahniggit.jpg

Edited by oafc0000

Its a fact...

I commented... You then attacked what I based my opinion on (which was the article) by saying how would I know I never go... I pointed out I didn't need to go to hold an opinion on the issue... You then said you can only based an opinion on the article... So I pointed out your total breakdown of reasoning...

What has come out of the mix is that you are just launching a personal attack on due to my lack of attendance in the most clumsy and foul hardy manner... Something we have come to see from yourself...

Now go on, bugger off, or I will taunt you a second time :)

500x_holy_grail_kahniggit.jpg

I presume you mean fool hardy. :dunce:

The only advice I can give you is to spend less time on here and some time watching the team that this messageboard is all about, thats Oldham Athletic.

In that way your opinions will (hopefully) be more informed and more objective and maybe taken more seriously.

You can feel free to taunt me anytime you like, you have more than met your match, as all your arguements are based on quicksand as you never attend any games so are not even remotely in a position to discuss any playing issues, tactics or playing personnel whatsover.

Now you bugger off and watch a few games.

Edited by Hometownclub

I presume you mean fool hardy. :dunce:

The only advice I can give you is to spend less time on here and some time watching the team that this messageboard is all about, thats Oldham Athletic.

In that way your opinions will (hopefully) be more informed and more objective and maybe taken more seriously.

You can feel free to taunt me anytime you like, you have more than met your match, as all your arguements are based on quicksand as you never attend any games so are not even remotely in a position to discuss any playing issues, tactisc or playing personnel whatsover.

Now you bugger off and watch a few games.

Notice my edit <_<

No I won't watch a game... A visit to BP is an awful day out...

And I will continue to comment on matters which only require me to read an article (at your own admission :clown: ) to pass comment) :)

Notice my edit <_<

And I will continue to comment on matters which only require me to read an article (at your own admission :clown: ) to pass comment) :)

What a joker

Notice my edit <_<

Too late I've already quoted it down in my reply. :lol::tongue1:

I personally find it amazingly sad that anyone would spend 10/12/14 hours a day on an Oldham Athletic messageboard and rack up nearly 9,000 posts but thinks the club is a :censored:hole and won't attend a game.

If I wasn't a Latics fan and didn't attend matches I certainly wouldn't spend half my life on here.

Very very sad, maybe you just need to get out more (not to Latics) just out anywhere.

Too late I've already quoted it down in my reply. :lol::tongue1:

I personally find it amazingly sad that anyone would spend 10/12/14 hours a day on an Oldham Athletic messageboard and rack up nearly 9,000 posts but thinks the club is a :censored:hole and won't attend a game.

If I wasn't a Latics fan and didn't attend matches I certainly wouldn't spend half my life on here.

Very very sad, maybe you just need to get out more (not to Latics) just out anywhere.

So I am that fed up with the club I refuse to waste my time going watching a game. Yet I still love the club to talk with the fans, keep up to date with what going on and praying we get new leadership and the club moves forward. Yeah shocking stuff :lol:

I think in reality I need more work to do between 9 & 5 :)

OK lads, you've both had your say - lets get back on topic please...

ok

But his whole point is I am not allowed to comment so I am stuck :lol: If I comment then he will no doubt restart his character assassination :(

Edited by oafc0000

Have kept quiet on this thread so far but have to say I agree with Ackey 100 percent, people are birating the kid without a shred of evidence.

Indeed, and if it turns out that he did act like a total git I will accept criticism of him... for the time being though people who are berating him and using terms like 'disloyal' and 'brat' are, for me, wrong to do so.

The club have released an article on their official site which (IMO) purposely and clearly paints Eaves' recent actions/decisions in a bad light. It begins with the term 'dispute' in the title and the anti-Eaves tone persists throughout the article.

I support Latics and thus will support their viewpoint and share their significant disappointment over the matter. I'll not be giving Eaves any benefit of the doubt as, for me, the 'doubt' is limited to the club's article being wildly unfair. This could be the case but I'm confident the tone of the article will have some fair grounding, i.e Eaves has been seen to be being selfish and unnappreciative whilst discussing his first ever contract.

His ongoing freeze-out from 1st team action implies that the club and/or Dave Penney share the viewpoint of the author of the official article and subsequently myself. This to me is evidence that Eaves is far enough offside to be dubbed a 'brat' on a messageboard by those who have watched him through the reserves and cheered his promising if unspectacular foray into professional football, whilst turning a blind eye to his Parkeresque missed sitters.

Some Good Samaritan sorts are defending him as though it's been suggested that a vigilante mob go and burn down his house.

He's been portrayed as selfish and there's no smoke without fire, simple as that.

...this to me is evidence that Eaves is far enough offside to be dubbed a 'brat' on a messageboard...

Just because you deem something suitable as evidence doesn't make it so.

He's been portrayed as selfish and there's no smoke without fire, simple as that.

The saying 'there's no smoke without fire' is a misnomer, both in the literal and metaphorical interpretation.

I don't think its childish for someone to tackle an unfair attack... What you could describe as childish is you stirring it...

I wasn't stirring; merely pointing out that over a page worth of pretty childish tit for tat has gone on; on a thread that is actually about whether a bright young thing will sign on for the club or whether he is off to bigger & better things.

Anyways; as you were – I think he’d called your mum fat……………… :wink: