Tom Eaves

:lol:

Sorry, the hateful bull:censored: was aimed at others, not you. You were rational and literate as always mate.

I know what you mean, but sometimes I think that players find their level. I think Tom's is higher than Deane, Lewi or the Wolf could ever hope for.

don't be shy if you aim at someone you have to look em in the eye first before you pull the trigger...or else stab em in the back...

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So then he'll go to a Wigan or Newcastle, spend three years there without even a look at the first team squad before being released and then bum around various lower league clubs on non contract basis like another former youth teamer.

He isn't better than us, he's an 18 year old who's yet to make a real impression.

And why hasn't he made an impression? 14 appearances for an average of 20 minutes a time in games where we were hardly comfortable or out of sight. You can't expect an 18 year old kid to transform games at the drop of a hat unless he's another Rooney. And according to Penney the Prat on Player "If they weren't here, they're injured" he said when asked by Gordy about Rubes & Eaves. Either he's bending the truth or the article on the fishal is a tad inaccurate.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but after the way :censored: has been treated (apparently), who knows what's really behind the Eaves story?

And why hasn't he made an impression? 14 appearances for an average of 20 minutes a time in games where we were hardly comfortable or out of sight. You can't expect an 18 year old kid to transform games at the drop of a hat unless he's another Rooney. And according to Penney the Prat on Player "If they weren't here, they're injured" he said when asked by Gordy about Rubes & Eaves. Either he's bending the truth or the article on the fishal is a tad inaccurate.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but after the way :censored: has been treated (apparently), who knows what's really behind the Eaves story?

Reason for edit: Only meant to post once. Oops.

a football team is like a pack of wolves you have to commit yourself one hundred percent.. the leader is the alpha. below him is the beta followed by mid ranked

at the bottom of the pile is the Omega who have to work there way up the pack....Tom don't push your weight son there are a few hungry wolves out there waiting to pull you down a peg or two....

a football team is like a pack of wolves you have to commit yourself one hundred percent.. the leader is the alpha. below him is the beta followed by mid ranked

at the bottom of the pile is the Omega who have to work there way up the pack....Tom don't push your weight son there are a few hungry wolves out there waiting to pull you down a peg or two....

Conversely; if you settle for being a mid-pack wolf you may never have the potential to ever be an alpha...

People are talking about how he deserves better than us when he's yet to hit the back of the net.

If he doesn't does this mean that Brookey will be offered a contact?

Are the club awaiting the outcome of this before they decide on Ryan?

Hmmmmm the merry go round of footy eh.

I would think that it'd be Alice that will be sweating this one.

Brooke'll be on nowt.

(a year in advance, but more team place than anything).

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I would think that it'd be Alice that will be sweating this one.

Brooke'll be on nowt.

(a year in advance, but more team place than anything).

I hope the club can sort Brookey out. I know the budget is tight and he needs more experience - possibly get him loaned out to a lower division to cut his teeth more.

If we cannot afford the players next season for whatever reason then the club had better start geeing up the youths as we have no other options really

I hope the club can sort Brookey out. I know the budget is tight and he needs more experience - possibly get him loaned out to a lower division to cut his teeth more.

If we cannot afford the players next season for whatever reason then the club had better start geeing up the youths as we have no other options really

there is an option 12 squid a ticket ...I'ts down to us now the punters....but a season ticket or else get used to the cack ...pure and simple ..back the club or face the consequences,,sorry for spelling errors some people are so fcuking politicaly correct...

there is an option 12 squid a ticket ...I'ts down to us now the punters....but a season ticket or else get used to the cack ...pure and simple ..back the club or face the consequences,,sorry for spelling errors some people are so fcuking politicaly correct...

That just isn't going to happen and hasn't happened in the last few (twenty?) years in enough amount to cover our debts.

There are few things I want from this club, and it probably differs to others.

I want reasonable prices for kids to get in (largely done), but I mean that transitional stage.

I want us to have a team that is paid for by income. If that means fourth division (or lower) football, then so be it. I want to watch a club in twenty years from now. It doesn't have to be good (like now), just have the social aspect.

Bring kids through to play at a decent standard.

Above that, frankly, I don't expect anything. Or, in some cases, want any more.

NB. This is largely off topic though.

That just isn't going to happen and hasn't happened in the last few (twenty?) years in enough amount to cover our debts.

There are few things I want from this club, and it probably differs to others.

I want reasonable prices for kids to get in (largely done), but I mean that transitional stage.

I want us to have a team that is paid for by income. If that means fourth division (or lower) football, then so be it. I want to watch a club in twenty years from now. It doesn't have to be good (like now), just have the social aspect.

Bring kids through to play at a decent standard.

Above that, frankly, I don't expect anything. Or, in some cases, want any more.

NB. This is largely off topic though.

i want people to stop moaning and groaning week in and week out and start shouting for the team....

I want fans to stop the chastism of manager after manager .and start supporting oldham athletic..

i want a new stadium ...I don't care if it has two or three stands ,Anything is better than the current graveyard

I want the hairs on the back of my head to stand to attention when the team takes to the pitch

above all i want the fans back

SUPPORT YOUR CLUB

Tom Eaves by the way is the Player Trust Oldham were in talks with the club to be the Player share player....

No Idea what this means. However, by your tone I assume it isnt happening? (and he is defo leaving?)

So then he'll go to a Wigan or Newcastle, spend three years there without even a look at the first team squad before being released and then bum around various lower league clubs on non contract basis like another former youth teamer.

He isn't better than us, he's an 18 year old who's yet to make a real impression.

Totally agree. I've been slated on here over the recent weeks for saying that Tom isnt the greatest thing since Maradonna, and the savior of our club. He is a million miles from first team football.

However, that still doesnt mean he has potential. Other clubs will have seen that. I dont see him going to a premiership club, however wouldnt be surprised to see him at a Derby, Preston, Southampton or Huddersfield. Even sodding Rochdale is a more exciting roposition than us.

In the same respect, its one of those things. Let him go. Move onto the next one. TTA should find out his actual motives for sacking us off, especially if he ends up at a rival. I'd put a bet that the prospect of playing for a team that doesnt attack would be up there.

parker was hounded out of this club by the fan's and that's a fact...Incidently i myself never wanted him to leave .but when he was substituted during his last game for us At that point i felt it best all round that he left ...the booing of him was dispicable

Good to know that as rubbish as we are even we can get it right once in a while :wink:

Nah, it just becomes an open market. The best players choose to be in the youth set up at better clubs. Simple as that. Unfortunately whether you like it or not, your reputation of your clubs first team and management structure will always influence whether you want to play as a youth player at a club.

I'm sorry. You may disagree but Tom has seeen what has gone on in matches this season. He isnt blind. Fair enough if he is good enough he will get bought - but what if he is forgotten about as instantly as Penney seems to forget about players. What if he is made to look awful by pitiful tactics. What if he is playing for the worst team in the division?

Just like companies. You only sign a contractwith an organisation that has a reputation for being a decent employer. With a boss that isnt an utter idiot.

Alright in an theoretical sense, but clubs have not and cannot work like that - it has ever been thus. Even then at the end of the day, if I join a company to be trained up then I can be financially penalised if I leave without giving the company the chance to get some benefit from my increased skillbase - why is this different?

Tom Eaves will not be forgotten about at Latics - why would he be when he seems to have headed to the top of the queue for reserve strikers? All this club on its arse talk has some basis, but you make it sound like we are the only ones. English football is rotten to the core and there are a very small handful of well run clubs in the market.

Finally, all this is going round the houses and off the really pertinent point. You can look at Tom Eaves and say "fair enough, its his life", but you'd be wrong. Look at us with Porter or Palace with Bostock - budgets and hence results, and ultimately peoples' livelihoods rely on this football club and when your best young players leave you for nothing then it rocks the whole fabric of the club. Why have a youth setup, why employ Philiskirk, why do we need the support staff that go with a youth setup etc etc etc... If I had been trained up by a firm in any role, from sweeping streets to working in McDonalds, I'd have enough decency to at least pay my dues. You pay those dues by signing your first contract and either winning the games for the club or being sold for acceptable money - anything else is :censored:house behaviour based on pure selfish interest, and although we have to accept that such is the norm we should never accept that it is okay.

Alright in an theoretical sense, but clubs have not and cannot work like that - it has ever been thus. Even then at the end of the day, if I join a company to be trained up then I can be financially penalised if I leave without giving the company the chance to get some benefit from my increased skillbase - why is this different?

Tom Eaves will not be forgotten about at Latics - why would he be when he seems to have headed to the top of the queue for reserve strikers? All this club on its arse talk has some basis, but you make it sound like we are the only ones. English football is rotten to the core and there are a very small handful of well run clubs in the market.

Finally, all this is going round the houses and off the really pertinent point. You can look at Tom Eaves and say "fair enough, its his life", but you'd be wrong. Look at us with Porter or Palace with Bostock - budgets and hence results, and ultimately peoples' livelihoods rely on this football club and when your best young players leave you for nothing then it rocks the whole fabric of the club. Why have a youth setup, why employ Philiskirk, why do we need the support staff that go with a youth setup etc etc etc... If I had been trained up by a firm in any role, from sweeping streets to working in McDonalds, I'd have enough decency to at least pay my dues. You pay those dues by signing your first contract and either winning the games for the club or being sold for acceptable money - anything else is :censored:house behaviour based on pure selfish interest, and although we have to accept that such is the norm we should never accept that it is okay.

It doesn't work like that Tom has no obligation to sign a contract with us if he does not wish to do so. Its his choice if he decides to continue his football development here or take a chance somewhereelse.

I am currentlt being trained up by my company meaning I have to put in considerably more hours. However once I complete my training I will be in a position to look for a new job with more money. If/when that point arrives I will weigh up my options and decide whats the best option to take if I get a better opportunity somewhereelse I will take that opportunity. I will have to take into consideration a number factors the grass isn't always greener on the otherside but if I move on it will be becasue its the right decision for me my future and any family I have does that make me a selfish :censored:house?

Don't forget if a big club decides to take him on they will be taking a risk on someone who has undoubted potential but is still far from a starting spot in what is a poor team in league 1 If we were to take a chance on a 17 year old from the reserves of a blue square premier league side they might be that diamond in the rough but their is no guarantee of this it would be a gamble both for the club and for the player.

Two more who thought they were the Billy Big Bollocks...when on the verge of breaking into the team regularly...

Striker

Keeper

Two who utterly shafted us through their agents...

Left-Back

Right-Back

Edited by oafcprozac

It doesn't work like that Tom has no obligation to sign a contract with us if he does not wish to do so. Its his choice if he decides to continue his football development here or take a chance somewhereelse.

I am currentlt being trained up by my company meaning I have to put in considerably more hours. However once I complete my training I will be in a position to look for a new job with more money. If/when that point arrives I will weigh up my options and decide whats the best option to take if I get a better opportunity somewhereelse I will take that opportunity. I will have to take into consideration a number factors the grass isn't always greener on the otherside but if I move on it will be becasue its the right decision for me my future and any family I have does that make me a selfish :censored:house?

Don't forget if a big club decides to take him on they will be taking a risk on someone who has undoubted potential but is still far from a starting spot in what is a poor team in league 1 If we were to take a chance on a 17 year old from the reserves of a blue square premier league side they might be that diamond in the rough but their is no guarantee of this it would be a gamble both for the club and for the player.

I'm well aware that morals don't come into it very often, but if you want the brutal truth then if you do the dirty on an employer who has stood behind you while you've trained then yes, you are being selfish.

More often that not that isn't even an issue because the way these things go is that firms tend to write into your contract that you have to work for a couple of years after training, but the fact that you have an employer lax enough / trusting enough not to do so doesn't give carte blanche to screw them over the second the ink dries on your diploma. Although you have a finite career, I am sure that you could stand to work a year for someone who has given you an opportunity.

Take that to football, and although Tom Eaves doesn't have a contractual obligation to us he has been raised through our coaching setup and happily utilised our facilities. If, and this is supposition because we don't know what has been said, he is holding out for more money or wants out then he is putting his needs and wants above every other consideration - that is selfish.

your right he doesnt have an obligation to sign full time terms with us....but it would be the right thing to do morally wouldnt it...sign the contract,which are pretty useless in the grand scheme of things anyway..play some good football then get yourself sold and give the club a decent payback for nurturing his talent and getting him in the shop window so to speak..

i have recently done a couple of courses at work,and i was given the oprion of doing them or not,if i chose to do them to enable me to do my job better then if i leave in the next 6 months i have to pay the course fee..which is fair enough...

at the end of the day he will either sign or he wont,if he doesnt then he wont play football here ever again,his choice....

I'll be brutally honest though, I'm chuffed at the fact that our biggest selling worry this transfer window is a young kid who hasn't scored who won't have a huge bearing on next seasons plans.

I mean, last season I was dreading losing Eardley and I didn't want Hughes to go. The season before that Taylor and Smalley were linked with moves away as well as Trotters and Kilkenny in January.

The the season before that it was Porter and Wellens.

I'm just relieved that I don't have to worry about losing any important first team players this summer and can relax and enjoy the incoming transfers.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

I'll be brutally honest though, I'm chuffed at the fact that our biggest selling worry this transfer window is a young kid who hasn't scored who won't have a huge bearing on next seasons plans.

I mean, last season I was dreading losing Eardley and I didn't want Hughes to go. The season before that Taylor and Smalley were linked with moves away as well as Trotters and Kilkenny in January.

The the season before that it was Porter and Wellens.

I'm just relieved that I don't have to worry about losing any important first team players this summer and can relax and enjoy the incoming transfers.

I wouldn't shed a tear over losing any of that bunch of under-achieving tossers tbh and let's be honest a fair chunk aren't even our players anyway!