Tom Eaves

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you deem something suitable as evidence doesn't make it so.

The saying 'there's no smoke without fire' is a misnomer, both in the literal and metaphorical interpretation.

If you can't accept an official, not tabloid, article explaining Eaves' ongoing omission from first team duty as evidence that his behaviour is considered untoward then, please, direct your criticisms at the club who are giving this impression as opposed to the fans who are merely siding with the club they, and you, support.

Perhaps you'd require a police report or witness statement to justify aspects of 'Dog-Gate', or the :censored: Christmas barny, or the Gregan drink driving?

Eaves is being portrayed by our club as committing a 'football crime' and is therefore recieving a bit of 'football fan punishment'. Let him take the rough with the smooth.

The saying is indeed a misnomer, I had never considered that.

Eaves obviously isnt commited to the club, so shouldnt be playing

on the other hand you cant blame the kid for stalling on the contract offer with interest from bigger clubs

thats just the way it is

Has anyone considered that Eaves is currently waiting to see who will be in charge?

He will have heard the chants for Penneys head, going as far back as January, and is waiting to see if TTA will continue with DP in charge..?

Has anyone considered that Eaves is currently waiting to see who will be in charge?

He will have heard the chants for Penneys head, going as far back as January, and is waiting to see if TTA will continue with DP in charge..?

He's an 18 year old kid who is yet to start a game, as I said before it shouldn't be a concern to him who is the manager.

He's an 18 year old kid who is yet to start a game, as I said before it shouldn't be a concern to him who is the manager.

However, he wants to know he is wanted here, no matter what age you are, you want to be wanted at your company

Haven't had the time to read the whole thread but who put the idea into his head that he would need an agent and who looks after him at the moment?

To be honest, Paul, they are getting them younger and younger.

A kid at our place, he's eight and on the books at Blackburn, has an agent already. Scandalous I know.

To be honest, Paul, they are getting them younger and younger.

A kid at our place, he's eight and on the books at Blackburn, has an agent already. Scandalous I know.

Its wrong, Parents look after their kids not agents.... The FA should ban under 17's from having an agent

Its wrong, Parents look after their kids not agents.... The FA should ban under 17's from having an agent

I know parents only want what is best for their kids but.....

What happened to apprenticeships? Explains how some can be so far up their own backsides.

I haven't much time for agents, but in my experience pushy parents can be worse.

to be fair the parents usually wouldn,t have the contacts an agent has,if your child doesn,t get offered a scholarship at 16 an agent would work to try to find them a new club

Ackey and co, I think I owe you an apology (for want of a better word).

It turns out Eaves wanted a longer deal, I don't think any of us saw that one coming. :lol:

I now think the tone of the official article was unfair however, and Penney's treatment of him too.

Well done to Tom Eaves, lets hope he doesn't start cruising!

Edited by Stitch_KTF