Tom Eaves

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh unoticed, now he is being noticed he probably wants to jump ship while he can , I dont blame him I love latics but I would never let them get in the way of my career

I can assure you he wasn't unnoticed.

He is better at BP.. if he goes to Wigan/Newcastle he will end up in the dustbin.. remember Scott Spencer and the kid we sent to Liverpool.. both got nowhere....

Any decent agent will realise this and encourage him to sign 2 years, develop & succeed and then move for decent money.

The only thing that is wrong is that the club should have tied him up long before he had a sniff of first team football.

He is better at BP.. if he goes to Wigan/Newcastle he will end up in the dustbin.. remember Scott Spencer and the kid we sent to Liverpool.. both got nowhere....

Any decent agent will realise this and encourage him to sign 2 years, develop & succeed and then move for decent money.

The only thing that is wrong is that the club should have tied him up long before he had a sniff of first team football.

Yeh I personally would stay here and get jeered and booed by a great crowd of 4,000 after 20 minutes when they realise im not Ronaldo

I'm not surprised he's not signed yet he's clearly too good for us, what with his 0 first team starts and 0 first team goals, we can't even dream of keeping hold of him, Premiership beckons. :blink::nnnng:

Stalling is emotive. Negotiating is different and may be much nearer the truth.

Cynic.

I agree.

Guess we’re back to the age-old debate of do we sell as a promising youngster or do we keep and let them develop & look to reap the rewards of them playing in our side & possibly selling for a higher price a season or 2 down the line?

With any of the prospects we have; from Eaves to Millar & beyond – if cold; hard cash in any form is offered upfront & some juicey add-ons are in there too; then – in our financial situation; they’ll be off.

£200k for Spencer is the example that springs to mind; as that appears to be a very good piece of business.

I guess that Neal Eardley is the other side of the coin; where we did keep him here and then at the end he went for well below the market value; so there’s always a flip side.

For me, the sensible thing for both player & club would be for Eaves to sign for us and keep working on his game; away from 1st team football for the most part – and we see where we’re at with him towards the end of next season…….

He has lots of ability, and if he shows the required desire he will be ok.

You've probably seen more of him than I have 1960... but do you not find that DJ's a little slow? I don't mean that in a sprinting sense, but in the sense that he slows the game down? Likes to get the ball and have a ponder, move it sideways and the like... just an observation and certainly something you can teach him not to do over time, but certainly the most notable thing I've seen from him.

The lad looks promising however i would get him to sign him a deal and maybe send him out on loan for 3 months next year to say maybe Macclesfield or a conference team say Alty. Somewhere where he can find his feet get fitter and find his goal scoring boots.

You've probably seen more of him than I have 1960... but do you not find that DJ's a little slow? I don't mean that in a sprinting sense, but in the sense that he slows the game down? Likes to get the ball and have a ponder, move it sideways and the like... just an observation and certainly something you can teach him not to do over time, but certainly the most notable thing I've seen from him.

Yes, he's a bit like JP Kalala in that respect.

However, I think DJ has the potential to score more goals than Kalala.

yeh unoticed, now he is being noticed he probably wants to jump ship while he can , I dont blame him I love latics but I would never let them get in the way of my career

I'd stay here and single handedly win us back to back promotions with my 30 goals a season and 34 assists from midfield. After winning promotion to the premiership I would get us into the European spots before picking up an injury and being out for a season but the club would have built itself up so that it could cope without me and kick on.

But then you probably aren't as good as me.

Alec, you've made a fatal flaw in putting them two words together! :wink:

They probably got a decent signing on payments and a considerable bigger salary and had better training than they would have if they had stayed at Latics. Basically they were handed a big opportunity but in the end were just not good enough to be Prem players. So they ended up playing football at the same level they would have if they had stayed at the Latics but with more money behind them Mind you by staying at Latics there is always the big fish little pond factor that could improve a player's confidence and ability.

They probably got a decent signing on payments and a considerable bigger salary and had better training than they would have if they had stayed at Latics. Basically they were handed a big opportunity but in the end were just not good enough to be Prem players. So they ended up playing football at the same level they would have if they had stayed at the Latics but with more money behind them Mind you by staying at Latics there is always the big fish little pond factor that could improve a player's confidence and ability.

Harrison was the widely believed to be the heir apparent to Dalglish at Liverpool, only a succession of injuries, bad luck and plain stupidity from Wayne stopped it happening - source, Ronnie Moran, Roy Evans and Dalglish himself.

From what older Latics fans have told me, Harrison made Michael Owen look like Windass in the pace stakes and on :censored: mid-80s pitches too not the bowling greens they play on now!