Tom Eaves

Are bigger clubs interested?

And if so why?

One rumour in a tabloid newspaper should not be turning his head at this stage in his career.

Due to the potential he is showing in youth and reserve team,

However based on the fact we dont know if there is actual interest in Eaves, yet holding out on signing the contract suggests there is interest in him like Ackey said..

Like you say, one rumour shouldn't be enough to turn his head and so I'd say it's fair to assume there's some truth to the claim that there's interest in him...

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where all the proper militants are.

God help Dave Penney if he is warming up a defnesive substitution at 70 mins.... The only latics related person who has ever had an eye-ball to eye-ball verbal barrage from me is Guy Branston. There could be a second....

Bless. You sound like me a few years back.

(Only difference is I had to pick on Wayne Andrews because he was more my size.)

Ha! Poor little Tom Eaves running from tactically inept manager into the arms of a team that'll love and appreciate him...

Harry Redknapp has been known in an interview to say "football is all about the players". Dave Penney does pretty well and is liked at teams where he has had the money to buy the players, and then he has done poorly here where he has (for various reasons including his own bad choices) not had the team. I would guess that his idea of how he wants this team to play is more in the mould of the MK Dons game and less in the manner in which we have played out insipid performances against crap teams...

:lol::lol: From Pine Villains

Just hours later, Penney blasted “I’ve never liked that Tom Eaves lad. I’m sure he’s the one who keeps swapping the pen lids around in my office, taking the laces out of my boots and putting strikers on my tactics board.

Penney handling of this is childish and stupid in my opinion. Pretty much like his management reign so far. He won't sign so I won't play him... Sounds counter productive to me...

I actually think DP is doing the right thing here - if the lad simply does not want to stay at the club then why play him? If the lad needs more time to reflect on the deal on the table then let him do that without the distraction of playing.

Either way let's hope it is resolved soon. :angry:

I actually think DP is doing the right thing here - if the lad simply does not want to stay at the club then why play him? If the lad needs more time to reflect on the deal on the table then let him do that without the distraction of playing.

Either way let's hope it is resolved soon. :angry:

So the lad is considering if to play for a :censored: hole club like ours or a greedy league money machine and you think the thing to sway that decision is to get narky with him, throw our toys out of the pram and not play the kid.

hhmmmm interesting idea... :petesake:

I reckon it will only serve to make the kid think about moving on.

Edited by oafc0000

So the lad is considering if to play for a :censored: hole club like ours or a greedy league money machine and you think the thing to sway that decision is to get narky with him, throw our toys out of the pram and not play the kid.

ok say he has already signed a contract...has done feck all most of the season...he has already said he doesnt want to play for us and wants to play for a bigger club....odds on he is going to just walk away and leave us with no compo or fee for basically giving him his start......if he plays his next game he triggers a clause that says we have to pay him a 150k bonus....would you play him???? or leave him to train on his own for rest of season..

dp is handling it fine....we have offered him a good deal for someone of his age and ability,if he doesnt want to sign and play for us then why the hell should we play him....why should we do somebody favours when they wont do us on...if he signs his contract then someone comes in for him we get a fee,bit of a thank you for giving him his start...

Yeah but what would have Shez done?

So - 'a :censored: hole club like ours'? wtf? This is the club that you (supposedly) support and you come out with a comment like that? We may have a few problems at the moment (three sided ground, dwindling support, dodgy dave in charge etc.) but this is still a decent club with good people and does not deserve that sort of comment.

As for the 'get narky with him' comment - I prefer to see it as adopting a strong approach that let's Tom know where he stands - he has great potential but should accept that he has not yet done anything in this game - yes he has the right to make his own decision but I still believe his approach and attitude are poorly advised.

And as for making the kid think about moving on - I think he is way beyond that at the moment :blink:

...yes he has the right to make his own decision but I still believe his approach and attitude are poorly advised...

What's he done? Do any of us know what 'attitude' he's shown?

All we have is the article on the official website saying that Tom's not yet signed.

There's no evidence to suggest he's got a bad attitude. He's simply taking the sensible option of reviewing the options available to him.

:huh:

All we have is the article on the official website saying that Tom's not yet signed.

There's no evidence to suggest he's got a bad attitude. He's simply taking the sensible option of reviewing the options available to him.

That is what I have read as well yet people seem to be saying, he does not want to play for us and he is some sort of billy big bollocks... :blink:

pah thats to sensible Ackey, people want a bad man !

So - 'a :censored: hole club like ours'? wtf? This is the club that you (supposedly) support and you come out with a comment like that? We may have a few problems at the moment (three sided ground, dwindling support, dodgy dave in charge etc.) but this is still a decent club with good people and does not deserve that sort of comment.

I thought it was pretty much right... I didn't aim at offending you though.... Just saying how I see it...

Yeh, and you're seeing it from Warrington and certainly not BP, bloody good eyesight you've got there. :wink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...ble/default.stm

I suppose the table lies <_<

Don't make me pull up the results pages :) This is meant to be a family friendly forum... We don't need any horror story's :)

Edited by oafc0000