Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote

Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote  

192 members have voted

1. 1. If the Election took place today who would you vote for ?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • UK Independence Party
    • Green Party
    • British National Party
    • Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • I am not going to vote
    • Spoil Vote

*looks at the ever increasing number of self-service checkouts at the likes of Tescos*

*Looks at the dole queue*

*rings council to complain and has a computer answer, despite them apparently having a bottomless pit of money with which to employ*

Instead of, like oafc0000, pointing out what Minimum Wage addresses in fantasy land, why not address the fundamental economics which it contradicts.

:petesake:

I fear you are beyond saving...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know where to start... I have worked to do and you need about a three hour lesson!!!

You never do.

Despite clearly meaning well, NMW simply prices the lowest-skilled of labour out of work, as there aren't worth NMW to employers. They sign on.

If you're only worth £3.50 an hour what can any governent do to change that overnight? :unsure:

Furthermore, NMW acts to protect higher-skilled labour, though seeing as you're struggling to grasp the simple points above I'll not bother explaning that one, as I have work to do too.

You never do.

Despite clearly meaning well, NMW simply prices the lowest-skilled of labour out of work, as there aren't worth NMW to employers. They sign on.

If you're only worth £3.50 an hour what can any governent do to change that overnight? :unsure:

Furthermore, NMW acts to protect higher-skilled labour, though seeing as you're struggling to grasp the simple points above I'll not bother explaning that one, as I have work to do too.

And you claim not to be a Tory :petesake:

Those votes above had to come from somewhere...

I think paying someone a wage they can not live off and then claiming they are "working" so they can't claim benefits is cruel...aka pre 97

You are clearly focused on maximising dividends than paying a fair wage...

You say they are only "worth" £3.50... How much you can f**k someone over has little to do with worth...

Take a look people and be careful what future you vote for :(

Edited by oafc0000

And you claim not to be a Tory :petesake:

Those votes above had to come from somewhere...

Once again you resort to a dig as opposed to challenging/correcting my point. I'm aligned to no party but if the Tories do share my views then good for them - they must be sensible.

You see I'd rather sit on a supermarket check-out for £5/hr than have them buy automated machines (from China no doubt) to do my job whilst I'm signing on at the dole office for money which has been borrowed from the Chinese.

Clearly there's something wrong with me.

Once again you resort to a dig as opposed to challenging/correcting my point. I'm aligned to no party but if the Tories do share my views then good for them - they must be sensible.

You see I'd rather sit on a supermarket check-out for £5/hr than have them buy automated machines (from China no doubt) to do my job whilst I'm signing on at the dole office for money which has been borrowed from the Chinese.

Clearly there's something wrong with me.

:lol: You are basically saying NMW costs jobs... Prove it... Other than some ridiculous comment about automated checkouts taking over the world :lol:

:lol: You are basically saying NMW costs jobs... Prove it... Other than some ridiculous comment about automated checkouts taking over the world :lol:

In a nutshell. It also protects higher skilled labour.

I've already explained why but I can't simplify it any further I'm afraid.

Why not raise NMW to £100/hour? We would all be rich.

Go on, answer that one question....

Finally an opportunity for me to ask you to prove your signature- especially the bit about millionaires getting tax cuts. (I'm not really seeking an argument I'm just interested)

Finally an opportunity for me to ask you to prove your signature- especially the bit about millionaires getting tax cuts. (I'm not really seeking an argument I'm just interested)

Inheritance tax threshold increase will hand a tax break to 3,000 of the wealthiest families...

In a nutshell. It also protects higher skilled labour.

I've already explained why but I can't simplify it any further I'm afraid.

Why not raise NMW to £100/hour? We would all be rich.

Go on, answer that one question....

:lol:

So in your world you are going to pay "worthless" people like check out girls less than minimum wage to protect them from unemployment even the most Tory of MPs will admit never happened...

I won't answer your silly question :lol:

Inheritance tax threshold increase will hand a tax break to 3,000 of the wealthiest families...

Good - they ought to be able to invest their wealth further, increase the nation's dwindling productivity and eventually create jobs and prosperity for us peasants.

Good - they ought to be able to invest their wealth further, increase the nation's dwindling productivity and eventually create jobs and prosperity for us peasants.

You mean continue to lock up this countries wealth into the top 3% and leave the rest of us to drag ourselves though the :censored: :)

:lol: if you don't vote Tory you probably should given your political beliefs...

When I die I am happy to give everything back to the people rather than to my kids. My kids should have sorted there own lives by that point.

So in your world you are going to pay "worthless" people like check out girls less than minimum wage to protect them from unemployment even the most Tory of MPs will admit never happened...

Erm, yes. I'd rather earn £5/hr than sign on, for both my benefit and the nations. :unsure:

It was a silly question - but what's the difference between £6 and £100?

'Scale' is the answer you are looking for.

Wages are set by productivity/supply/demand. Not legislation.

That's a fact of life which you need to accept and understand, Komrade.

OK, will you answer whether it should be raised to £10/hour?

You mean continue to lock up this countries wealth into the top 3% and leave the rest of us to drag ourselves though the :censored: :)

:lol: if you don't vote Tory you probably should given your political beliefs...

When I die I am happy to give everything back to the people rather than to my kids. My kids should have sorted there own lives by that point.

The irony...or is that just another knot? (couldn't agree more) :lol:

Erm, yes. I'd rather earn £5/hr than sign on, for both my benefit and the nations. :unsure:

£5 * 37.5 = £187.50 a week

£187.50 * 52 = £9750 before tax...

I am glad you are posting... This is real Tory thinking people...

£5 * 37.5 = £187.50 a week

£187.50 * 52 = £9750 before tax...

I am glad you are posting... This is real Tory thinking people...

Poor souls - how about the alternative, in the interests of a balanced argument?

(Here's a clue - dole funded largely by government borrowing)

Poor souls - how about the alternative, in the interests of a balanced argument?

(Here's a clue - dole funded largely by government borrowing)

Are we talking about people who work or people who don't... Why don;t you make proper points...

Poor souls ? Could you live off that amount ?

and I don't accept all workers would get £5... MANY would get much worse... Cleaners and such like...

Edited by oafc0000

Why don;t you make proper points...

Strewth.

Poor souls ? Could you live off that amount ?

Not really, though I'd make a better fist of it than I would living off the dole. Furthermore I'd be able to expect more subtle help from the government in terms of cheap public transport, higher tax-free earnings etc, as I'd be a contributor if only in terms of not being a strain on the system.

and I don't accept all workers would get £5... MANY would get much worse... Cleaners and such like...

Why? Could that be all the service they provide is worth to the person paying their wage?

Are you beginning a gradual move of your goal-posts here? :)

Why is it that the government wont allow a willing person to work for an employer willing to pay them £4/hour? :unsure:

I'm a libertarian, which is as far removed from being a Tory as you are. Now then, if Johnny has £10, and says to Billy that if Billy runs out of money he will give him £5, but Billy doesn;t run out of money, how much money does Johnny have?

Awww. I said try not to resort to :censored: metaphors in your answer. Never mind.

Why is it the biggest problem facing this country is the question. If the solution to lower unemployment and a less damaging recession is a higher budget deficit, why do you say that a high budget deficit is the biggest problem. It's a question of priorities. Do you do what the right wing press and the City say, or do you do what's best for the country and vote Labour?

Since you haven't voted, and you don't even live here any more, why don't you just stay the f*** out of it? Just because you want a bumming off the Bullingdon boys don't mean that they've got the best economic policies.