Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote

Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote  

192 members have voted

1. 1. If the Election took place today who would you vote for ?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • UK Independence Party
    • Green Party
    • British National Party
    • Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • I am not going to vote
    • Spoil Vote

Big difference between immigration and migration in to and out of this country, to and from Europe, need I point it out?

NMW is part and parcel of why raw materials have been shipped out to places like China and the Far East, cheaper labour= bigger profit margin. You only have to look at the call centres to realise that, most are on NMW thus reducing profit margins, the larger companies that are in a position to relocate have done just that.

It is a classic case of the rich get richer and the poorer get poorer....... Cue Robin Hood & Dick Turpin.

Which companies have relocated and where have they relocated to ? The traditional employers of the working class which where around in 1997 are still around from what I know.

How does paying someone less than NMW end up in them getting richer ?

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something which has been bothering me for sometime is: You know the money that we have been paying to the U.S. for their assistance in WW2, how much was it and where has it been going since the debt has been paid up?

I might be wrong but I think we made the last payment on that years ago... No idea the amount, I am sure you can look it up via google...

No doubt its been going towards repairing the damage the Torys did last time to all our public services none of us seem to want any more :) Or to the banks... :P

EDIT: We made the last payment in 2006 apparently...

Edited by oafc0000

Which companies have relocated and where have they relocated to ? The traditional employers of the working class which where around in 1997 are still around from what I know.

How does paying someone less than NMW end up in them getting richer ? It doesn't, I was reffering to the companies themselves.

I can only speak for the ones that I have/ used to have contact with- Chemical companies & some food factories. Part of Nestle UK has relocated to Poland.

I might be wrong but I think we made the last payment on that years ago... No idea the amount, I am sure you can look it up via google...

No doubt its been going towards repairing the damage the Torys did last time to all our public services none of us seem to want any more :) Or to the banks... :P

EDIT: We made the last payment in 2006 apparently...

Correct and the amount has not been answered yet.....

I can only speak for the ones that I have/ used to have contact with- Chemical companies & some food factories. Part of Nestle UK has relocated to Poland.

And no doubt the reasons for relocation where due to many factors... That hardly a massive amount of business to be frank mate and relocation within Europe is not the same as relocation outside of Europe. We are part of Europe and we get some good things and some bad things out of that.

Business forever and a day have relocated around the world. Do you know Switzerland use UK contractors as they are cheap in comparison to there own workforce.

The biggest cuts in working class employment and the dismantlement of key industry came under the Torys... Damage which is still hurting us today... Damage which can be related to further manufacturing work now drifting away, like the chemical industry...

How easy people forget the last Tory government :(

Edited by oafc0000

Something which has been bothering me for sometime is: You know the money that we have been paying to the U.S. for their assistance in WW2, how much was it and where has it been going since the debt has been paid up?

Shouldn't imagine it was anything substantial anyway for a long time. We borrowed many times more last year than the entire output of the country during the war years.

Shouldn't imagine it was anything substantial anyway for a long time. We borrowed many times more last year than the entire output of the country during the war years.

Yet at the time the debt to the US was crippling... Yet as time went on it wasn't... Sound familiar ?

The Anglo American Loan was worth £930m in 1945 to be paid back in 50 annual payments at 2% beginning after 5 years. We paid it back in 2005 after deferring payments on 6 occaisions. Last payment was for £42.5m.

Like I said it was just something I wonder about from time to time, I didn't expect you to know but I thought you might know seeing as Google didn't :lol:

If I was bothered I could find it out... I don't think its worth the effort though...

The Anglo American Loan was worth £930m in 1945 to be paid back in 50 annual payments at 2% beginning after 5 years. We paid it back in 2005 after deferring payments on 6 occaisions. Last payment was for £42.5m.

So about the size of David Cameron's trust fund is the answer :grin:

But remember, we are all in this together... I wonder how much of his trust fund David will be giving to help out :)

Edited by oafc0000

Balanced article from David Arronovitch in the Times (backing the Tories) on why he's going to vote labour.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/c...icle7117457.ece

I am also not a Labour Fan, they have lots of issues but I do think they fight for the things I believe in MORE than the tories. If polls are to be believed, Labour will be humiliated and if the Tories have a good majority, it will give them the mandate for more of the same old same old self serving politics.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

And no doubt the reasons for relocation where due to many factors... That hardly a massive amount of business to be frank mate and relocation within Europe is not the same as relocation outside of Europe. We are part of Europe and we get some good things and some bad things out of that.

Business forever and a day have relocated around the world. Do you know Switzerland use UK contractors as they are cheap in comparison to there own workforce.

The biggest cuts in working class employment and the dismantlement of key industry came under the Torys... Damage which is still hurting us today... Damage which can be related to further manufacturing work now drifting away, like the chemical industry...

How easy people forget the last Tory government :(

It is when your employer depends on their custom, but that is just on a personal note, small fish in a big ocean.

Further British Industry gone to the wall since the Indian firm bought them out- Corus.

I have already said I believe children from all families should be treated equally by the state. I am happy to pay more tax, national insurance etc if required.

Tax adults and not children. If children are due £250 towards there future, then all children should be. If I earn x amount then I should pay x amount more tax...

I don't really care if I lose child benefit from a personal income point of view, I am that much over it won't be too bad but at the level they are talking about cutting its going to have a BIG impact on a lot of families and ultimately children.

I heard an amount of £20,000 being talk about for child benefit... That is going to hurt a lot of families...

I applaud your sentiment- I really do but you still ignore the point I was making with this sentiment. Some middle earners will be better off under the Tories but some will be better off under Labour and some might be better off under Labour now but might be better off under the Tories later (if things don't change). According to the Tories (so lets all take it with a pince of salt) 4 million housholds are in Gordon Brown's inheritance tax band and the Tories are trying to reduce this number, which seems very high. Most of these homes will be in the South but that doesn't mean the homes won't be owned by people who have worked for their entire lives without earning bucket loads like teachers etc.

National insurance going up means that the people not earning a lot (including those on NMW) have to pay more in tax. No matter which party what they give you with one hand they are taking away with another- its the current economic climate. Some people will be better off under every political party including the non-mainstream ones and ones with a national tint. You have voted for the party you believe will make more people better off than the others and I applaud you for it but there's no way YOU could be wrong is there?

It is when your employer depends on their custom, but that is just on a personal note, small fish in a big ocean.

Further British Industry gone to the wall since the Indian firm bought them out- Corus.

Fair enough but what you blaming this on exactly ?

I applaud your sentiment- I really do but you still ignore the point I was making with this sentiment. Some middle earners will be better off under the Tories but some will be better off under Labour and some might be better off under Labour now but might be better off under the Tories later (if things don't change). According to the Tories (so lets all take it with a pince of salt) 4 million housholds are in Gordon Brown's inheritance tax band and the Tories are trying to reduce this number, which seems very high. Most of these homes will be in the South but that doesn't mean the homes won't be owned by people who have worked for their entire lives without earning bucket loads like teachers etc.

National insurance going up means that the people not earning a lot (including those on NMW) have to pay more in tax. No matter which party what they give you with one hand they are taking away with another- its the current economic climate. Some people will be better off under every political party including the non-mainstream ones and ones with a national tint. You have voted for the party you believe will make more people better off than the others and I applaud you for it but there's no way YOU could be wrong is there?

Inheritance tax should be at 100% in my opinion. That is where I am coming from. The torys saying they are lifting people out of the band as some sort of good thing sums them up! They are saying, lets lock wealth and status into the few and give privilege starts in life to the few. Yeah we will lock it up in some upper middle class folk as well. It sucks. Why should my kids have an inheritance of a million pound house and your kids get feck all (just an example nothing personal). Its unfair on the other kids. What have those kids done to "earn" that. NOTHING.

Now I would gain under a Tory government. When I die I hope to have a house which would attract inheritance tax. My kids should not expect it though, it will go to fund my retirement and anything left over will either go back to the state (if my 100% inheritance plan passes) or charity.

I don't believe in locking wealth within families. It sucks.

Its not about being right and wrong. There are winners and loser. Under the Torys the vast majority of the working class lose. The middle class, which is me I suppose, can look after ourselves. The working class simply can not.

Edited by oafc0000

Inheritance tax should be at 100% in my opinion. That is where I am coming from. The torys saying they are lifting people out of the band as some sort of good thing sums them up! They are saying, lets lock wealth and status into the few and give privilege starts in life to the few. Yeah we will lock it up in some upper middle class folk as well. It sucks. Why should my kids have an inheritance of a million pound house and your kids get feck all (just an example nothing personal). Its unfair on the other kids. What have those kids done to "earn" that. NOTHING.

Now I would gain under a Tory government. When I die I hope to have a house which would attract inheritance tax. My kids should not expect it though, it will go to fund my retirement and anything left over will either go back to the state (if my 100% inheritance plan passes) or charity.

I don't believe in locking wealth within families. It sucks.

Its not about being right and wrong. There are winners and loser. Under the Torys the vast majority of the working class lose. The middle class, which is me I suppose, can look after ourselves. The working class simply can not.

I can see your point (don't agree with it but I can see it). I'm not sure having inheritance tax at 100% (I assume this is for everyone) is a good thing due to the consequences, if you can't leave anything to your kids when you die why should you save any money?