Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote

Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote  

192 members have voted

1. 1. If the Election took place today who would you vote for ?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • UK Independence Party
    • Green Party
    • British National Party
    • Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • I am not going to vote
    • Spoil Vote

Or, how about letting the local landlord also run the local hospital? Or the shopkeep run the school? How about selling off state assets on a massive scale for property development, and letting the voluntary sector build new facilities for battered wives, etc?

It's an awful idea, because it's a Tory idea. To borrow from Neil Kinnock: if Cameron wins tonight.............

Anyone would think that political parties take their policies from some fixed guide of theirs as opposed to from a collection of ever-changing individuals who happened to pick one party's label over the other.

There's more than two (or three) ways to skin a cat.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Semantic issue: state schools are state schools; schools like Oldham hulme, Manchester Grammar are private schools (not too many toffs go there); Eton, Harrow, Westminster are public schools (where the toffs go)

Oops swapped the words round without thinking.

Meant:

...almost as good as borrowing private money to build your publicly owned (i.e. state) schools to keep it off the books.

<cough smiley>

Anyone would think that political parties take their policies from some fixed guide of theirs as opposed to from a collection of ever-changing individuals who happened to pick one party's label over the other.

There's more than two (or three) ways to skin a cat.

This is what i love. People say that Labour/Tories/Liberal/BNP have taken an idea from another party and mean it as a slant.

I WANT the party in charge to do that. Why the hell would we want someone that is so pigheaded they can't realise a good idea in charge of the Country?

I appreciate you only have 7 posts but please, swearing is frowned upon in this family forum.

Its oafc0000 mate... Someone keeps locking my account :ranting:

I have edited my response... can you do the same

Edited by oafc2008

Took a walk around Miles Platting the other day. I asked the tracky bottom wearing scrote that spat at me, why he was standing in the street drinking Stella with his tracky bottom wearing scrotey dropout mates in the middle of the day instead of being at work. He said he gets more money off the social than he would if he went to work. And he gets free prescriptions. Then he went back to standing around with one hand down the front of his :censored:ty tracky bottoms, obviously exhausted by the couple of sentences that he'd managed to put together despite being in a cannabis induced fuddle.

Sort that out - any of you - and you'll have my vote.

There might even be some sort of sacking in a couple of days.

I've told them at work that I'm not in until 11, and even then it's touch and go on whether i'll be trolleyed.

So long as I point out that Research Governance is a load of :censored: inthe 11:30 meeting I feel I'll have done my job for the day. Then it's to The Head of Steam for a few dinnertime hair of the dogs'.

I can't see how that would result in a sacking.

You know everyone personally who lives on Fitton Hill then? No doubt that's how the expenses fiddler Woolas regards them too.

Arrogant tossers, both of you.

I'm so, so sorry. Please, please, please forgive me. I beg of you to overlook my crude reference to the good denizens of Fitton Hill and for offending your sense of pride in your area.

My tears are of sorrow at my own insensitivity. :bigcry:

I've told them at work that I'm not in until 11, and even then it's touch and go on whether i'll be trolleyed.

So long as I point out that Research Governance is a load of :censored: inthe 11:30 meeting I feel I'll have done my job for the day. Then it's to The Head of Steam for a few dinnertime hair of the dogs'.

I can't see how that would result in a sacking.

I meant the sacking of the political manager of the losing side. Although if you're in the public sector, you might as well consider yourself on redundancy notice if Camoron gets in.