The Ghost has gone - merged

I'm perfectly happy that the coaching staff we have are capable of making decisions on those players we have. I'd be surprised if any new faces came in before a manager is appointed though.

I'd perhaps agree from a point of view of the youngsters, but I'm not sure about Whits...

i think that releasing whitts is the right decision and although he showed he could be a good player, most of the time he wasnt.

hopefully we have another midfielder lined up becuase he was our main midfield threat that we relied on sometimes. maybe this will allow furman or stephens to be able to be more attacking becuase wasnt furman brought in to do that?

i think that releasing whitts is the right decision and although he showed he could be a good player, most of the time he wasnt.

hopefully we have another midfielder lined up becuase he was our main midfield threat that we relied on sometimes. maybe this will allow furman or stephens to be able to be more attacking becuase wasnt furman brought in to do that?

I remember a Vale fan saying he was a one in ten (games) player when he joined. He wasn't wrong.

There must be countless players out there available who can do a better job.

Could he possibly end up at Chesterfield?

i reckon he will end up at chesterfield,or maybe rochdale,because he has got league 1 experience and most of dales lot dont...

had a decent shot when he tried,but too many times a passenger..good luck danny,hope you get sorted out...

On seeing the title of this thread, did anyone else's mind take them directly to Brendan McManus, or was that just me?

I thought it meant, after his recent rare appearance at BP, Roger Palmer had gone back into hiding/oblivion/AWOL... :lol:

Good luck Whits, sure he'll score a screamer against us next time he lines up.

Could hardly be called a yard-dog, more of a luxury we couldn't afford.

Echo sentiments before, never forget his goal against Leicester.

Cheers and all the best.

Edit: vital word missing.

Edited by TawnyOwl

• 2 weeks later...
Uh....so what's he still doing promoting the club's partnership with Tesco?

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2060219,00.html

Shouldn't be y'know....trying to secure himself a club for next season...?

He's re-signed hasn't he? :ohno:

Player contracts usually run until July 1st, so he'll still be under contract.

Player contracts usually run until July 1st, so he'll still be under contract.

Yeah, I understand that. But is it not customary that when players are being released they are free to find new clubs and are not required to return the club for training (even though some players are allowed to train with the club until they find a new one, I'm guessing this is at the club's discretion) or return for any promotional reasons. Kind of like Gardening leave? It just seems strange that we use a released player for a promotion, when the released player should be more concerned with finding a new club (basically finding a job) for the new season.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much and that Danny was just down at the club for some reason or another and was asked to attend this for an hour or so.

I'll let this one slide.....but if I see an upcoming promotion for a new kit, with Danny Whitaker as the model, then I'm calling conspiracy and claiming he's signed a new deal!

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Yeah, I understand that. But is it not customary that when players are being released they are free to find new clubs and are not required to return the club for training (even though some players are allowed to train with the club until they find a new one, I'm guessing this is at the club's discretion) or return for any promotional reasons. Kind of like Gardening leave? It just seems strange that we use a released player for a promotion, when the released player should be more concerned with finding a new club (basically finding a job) for the new season.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much and that Danny was just down at the club for some reason or another and was asked to attend this for an hour or so.

I'll let this one slide.....but if I see an upcoming promotion for a new kit, with Danny Whitaker as the model, then I'm calling conspiracy and claiming he's signed a new deal!

Would appear he hasn't!!!! Can now all breathe a sigh of relief!!! :wink: