Everybody Draw Mohammed Day

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look like it's gone into creationism, which is a damn sight easier to debate from a Skeptics point of view.

However, I've got things to do...

Maybe if you are talking from a on day 7 he rested point of view...

If you are talking how we came into being more widely speaking then I would of thought every explanation is fair game considering we still have little concrete understanding...

Edited by oafc0000

You think by posing the timeless question your work here is done ? Interesting...

I would say the work has only just started...

In the context of debunking the argument that a creator must have been the origin of the Universe as 'something' had to exist before the big bang then yes, my work here is done.

In the context of what actually did exist before the big bang my work is never starting, I'm very willing to admit I'm not smart enough for that.

In the context of debunking the argument that a creator must have been the origin of the Universe as 'something' had to exist before the big bang then yes, my work here is done.

In the context of what actually did exist before the big bang my work is never starting, I'm very willing to admit I'm not smart enough for that.

Maybe it is something we could never understand, such as a god... Its funny you admit you don't have a clue but you are ready to dismiss this idea...

I think the idea of a god still scares some people....

We evolved from apes in a complex process I wouldn't claim to fully understand.

I was thinking about more widely than just the last couple of million years...

Are you sure we came from apes... Its never been totally proven... There is quite a big missing link...

Edited by oafc0000

Maybe it is something we could never understand, such as a god... Its funny you admit you don't have a clue but you are ready to dismiss this idea...

I think the idea of a god still scares some people....

I'm not smart enough to be an astrophysicist. That doesn't mean I can't take the work of those who are, evaluate it using judgement and not faith, and make an educated decision based upon that.

I dismiss the idea of a creator because there's no evidence for it. There is evidence that the Universe was created by a big bang. If there is evidence that a being created that bang that's fine, I will accept that.

There is not, and until that time I will continue to evaluate the evidence instead of jumping to a foundationless conclusion.

I'm not smart enough to be an astrophysicist. That doesn't mean I can't take the work of those who are, evaluate it using judgement and not faith, and make an educated decision based upon that.

I dismiss the idea of a creator because there's no evidence for it. There is evidence that the Universe was created by a big bang. If there is evidence that a being created that bang that's fine, I will accept that.

There is not, and until that time I will continue to evaluate the evidence instead of jumping to a foundationless conclusion.

You mean subject yourself to fag packet half developed yet generally accepted science ?

I am no supporter of the creation story... But I know evolution has more holes than swiss cheese...

You mean subject yourself to fag packet half developed yet generally accepted science ?

I am no supporter of the creation story... But I know evolution has more holes than swiss cheese...

I was thinking about more widely than just the last couple of million years...

Are you sure we came from apes... Its never been totally proven... There is quite a big missing link...

Ahhhh the missing link. I'll leave that one for Matt - he loves it.

As for on a more grand scale - evidence shows there was a big bang, throwing unfathomable amounts of crap out into the Universe. Over time this formed the stars, planets and everything else in the Universe. Over time chemical reactions formed single celled organisms and then over more time this formed primitive life. Cutting to the end we evolved from Apes and eventually - as Z points out - mummy and daddy Zeros got busy and made you, whilst mummy and daddy Ackey were getting busy making me.

You've just made Zero+1 and eventually, hopefully, I will produce Ackey+1 and one day they may well have this same debate - only they'll do it in a VR taproom in 3D.

The trouble with many people who debunk evolution is that they seem to think that the theory and gathering of evidence stopped with Darwin and Origin of the Species.

Evolution is now utterly irrefutable. The fact that some incredible anomolies are thrown up just goes to demonstrate the 'genius' of nature.

I dismiss the idea of a creator because there's no evidence for it.

Can I just say that no scientist would do that... If there is no proof either way then it remains possible...

Science only concerns itself what can be proven... It makes no judgement on what can not be proven... If it did we would never discover anything...

That is pretty much textbox science...

Can I just say that no scientist would do that... If there is no proof either way then it remains possible...

Science only concerns itself what can be proven... It makes no judgement on what can not be proven... If it did we would never discover anything...

That is pretty much textbox science...

If you're going to continue to pick holes in turns of phrase then there's little point in this. I dismiss it because there's no evidence for it in the same context as I dismiss the idea of unaided human flight.

If someone came along and showed it could be done then I would make a judgement on that in same way that if someone came along with evidence of a creator I would make a judgement based on that.

Are you a creationist?

No there isn't. Go research the fossil record.

Besides. We are STILL apes

Ok you clearly have no clue what you are talking about...

We can chart ourselves back 2 million years, to the point where humans and apes some what coexisted... The point where humans and apes split has never been shown... There are only theories...