Everybody Draw Mohammed Day

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I don't have a favourite beer, or a favourite Spice Girl (hang on....come to think of it I liked Baby)

Back to the subject at hand. The "Everybody Draw Mohammed" Facebook page is back up. :)

Considering its the 22nd May isn't it time to move on?

Considering its the 22nd May isn't it time to move on?

Really so how come you kept posting about the election long after the con-lib dem coalition was formed? Is it because it was still newsworthy? (it was). I think it might have been (I don't know- I'm not you). This is still a bit newsworthy- it won't be come Mon/Tues.

However, when is the next census- next year isn't it? IIRC on the last one there was a campaign to make Jedi an official religion, if enough people get together (I think its 10,000) then the freedom to draw Mohammed can become an officially recognised religion. I can't see the office of national statistics (or whoever it is that collates the censii) will bow down to the sort of pressure Islamic fundamentalists have been putting on Comedy Central (who distribute South Park)

Drawing Muhammed is stupid as is this whole concept

Just so you know...

This has been a 15 page debate that everyone's contributed to in a mature and interesting way - even if we've disagreed. Do you really need to post if you have nothing to contribute?

Really so how come you kept posting about the election long after the con-lib dem coalition was formed? Is it because it was still newsworthy? (it was). I think it might have been (I don't know- I'm not you). This is still a bit newsworthy- it won't be come Mon/Tues.

We started talking about the coalition and not the election you spanner <_<

There are so many better examples of the attack on freedom of speech other than a couple of anti religious pilliocks wanting to offend millions and draw pictures... Its fecking childish... And the fact the guy won't move on even after the debate had finished and the "protest" date has passed tells me a lot...

But anyway... I need to go dress the baby :)

There are so many better examples of the attack on freedom of speech other than a couple of anti religious pilliocks wanting to offend millions and draw pictures... Its fecking childish... And the fact the guy won't move on even after the debate had finished and the "protest" date has passed tells me a lot...

I did move on. I just informed people that the site was back up.

And I think it is feckin childish that someone like yourself thinks that the battle for Freedom of Speech is a something that deserves to be dropped, or that can be better protested than by doing something completely different from the very thing that people are being threatened or killed over. (ie insult someone's cherished beliefs and cause........wait for it........OFFENCE (gasp!!)

So this tells me a lot. It tells me that you have no idea what is going on the world, or that your moral compass is horribly skewed.

So changing the name form election to coalition makes it more/less newsworthy?

I presume the childish comment and calling someone a spanner was an attenpt at irony?

So changing the name form election to coalition makes it more/less newsworthy?

It was a different subject matter.... That was my point...

I presume the childish comment and calling someone a spanner was an attenpt at irony?

Just expressing my right to free speech... Sorry if it offended :wink:

Edited by oafc0000

This has been a 15 page debate that everyone's contributed to in a mature and interesting way - even if we've disagreed. Do you really need to post if you have nothing to contribute?

I did contribute, I contributed my blunt opinion. I ain't gonna waste my time trying to convert people to or from a religion. If people wanna be Christianity/Islam/Atheism then fine, I'm not going to tell them that they shouldn't believe in any of those things, just because I don't.

It's interesting that PhilStarbucksSilkyScarf is apparently demanding that free speech must be defended his way. :wink:

My way?

This attack on free speech or free expression can only be defended by refusing to be silenced or neutered by the f------ who think that free speech ends where an answer of violence or the threat of violence begin.

If you have a better way to deal this problem, I'd love to hear it.

The fact is that some people have repeatedly demonstrated remarkable and violent hypocrisy when it comes to free speech. They demand that their views be respected by everyone else in society - and anyone who offends them may well suffer a violent response.

There is no right to not be offended. There is no right to impose your ignorance, fears and superstitions on the rest of society.

This is not only about free speech, it's valid social commentary and a serious issue. There are people who travel with bodyguards and live under constant threat of violence or death for exercising basic freedoms that we should all support. People like Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Salman Rushdie and Lars Vilks. When more of us stand up and be counted on this matter then the target becomes that much larger, and suddenly these scapegoats are no longer standing on their own. It is also sending out a message to the cowards from the media outlets who censor artists or issue apologies for fear of violent repercussions.

I'm exercising my freedom to not particularly give a toss on this specific issue.

There are far more pressing threats to the freedom of speech than not being able to create an image of a diety you don't believe in.

I'm exercising my freedom to not particularly give a toss on this specific issue.

There are far more pressing threats to the freedom of speech than not being able to create an image of a diety you don't believe in.

Well I and millions of others do give a toss. And I see no bigger threat to freedom of speech than violence, and the people who censor artists under that threat.

I bet you don't even know who those people I mentioned are do you?

Do you know even who Theo Van Gogh is (or was)?

Garcon, What do you mean "and"?

Someone getting killed for daring to insult a belief system doesn't bother you then?

It's very wrong, on all kinds of levels. But I'm not entirely sure what you want me to do about it.

And while you all joke, yes he was related to Vincent Van Gogh.

I knew that. Hence the 'joke'.